GreaseSpot Cafe

Playoff Game Today

moony3424

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Mooney, you wanna get together sometime? :wink2::wink2: I much prefer you as that redhead as opposed to being "a bro". Hah! Sorry 'bout that...

And Justloafing. Thank you too. And man oh man I swear, those gals. I feel like a kid lookin at a tray full of Ice Cream Sundaes!

Okay, and back to football. Yeah, it's 0800 here in Alaska, so, I have roughly an hour before the first game. Good luck you all, on your favorite team, unless of course it is the Seahawaks...

Edited by Jonny Lingo

start of second half, Pittsburgh 14, Indy 3. Looks like vaunted Indy has those lowly Steelers right..

where....

they......

want them!.......

Go Steelers, we want a home game for the AFC Championship

Broncos ruled, Patsies drooled

~HAP

Steelers win, no they don't, Vanderjagt never misses at home, it will go to overtime, no it won't, he misses the field goal, STEELERS WIN! Now THAT was a roll coaster of a last 4 minutes.

Of course the Broncos don't have a chance against Pittville Keep repeating that, Steeler fans, confession is 9 tenths of believing. It worked for the Patriots really well. ayuh. besides, we are only 3/4 of a mile more above sea level than you. You can still breath here fine, as long as you are on the bench, with the oxygen tanks. (wink)

A bunch of good games this weekend, congrats to all the teams that made it out of the also ran pack.

~HAP

Wow, what a weekend of NFL football! Bummer for the 'Skins, but, they just didn't have what it takes. Seems like Portis was too banged up, and Brunell just "ain't no Manning, Rothlisberger, or Matt Hasselbeck..."

But man oh man, my wife, kids and I were crazed fans during that Colts/Steelers game! We weren't sure who we wanted to win for awhile, but after the zebras pulled that stupid stunt with Palumalu, there was no question that the Steelers were robbed of that interception, and so, we had to go with the Steelers. And it was finally looking good when the Steelers sacked Manning with 1:20 to go. But then, THE FUMBLE by the Bus OMG! Too much! But then, The TACKLE by Rothlisberger! Whoa! But then, THE MARCH downfield by Manning! Incredible! But then, THE MISS by Mike Vanderjagt. A total fluke! And then, Tony Dunge's softly and almost wistfully whispered; "He missed...."

A total NFL classic. Had to love both teams...

Nick Harper might have been able to take that fumble all the way if his wife hadn't stabbed him in the knee on Saturday (accidentally, of course.) Apparently, she was waving a knife at him because he wouldn't talk to her and just happened to stick it in him, just a little. Bizarre.

I think everything that happened with Tony Dungy drained all the emotion out of the Colts. They looked dead on Sunday.

Edited by Pirate1974

Oh! So the guy who picked up the fumble was the "stab-ee" huh? I didn't know that. Yeah, after he broke through I was thinking like Howard Cosell used to say; "He-could-go-all-the-way!" Yeah, Chris Berman stole that line from Howard. But, I like hearing it still...

And yeah, I think you are right Pirate. Losing a son like that has got to be the worst. I have three sons and a daughter, and I cannot imagine the agony. And no doubt his players have come to love him as "Coach", and then to see The Man take such an unspeakeable hit like that. Total downer...

I remember thinking that when Tony Dungey (sp?) mouthed the words; "He missed", that no doubt his perspective on "bummer situations" has no doubt changed dramatically. Although he is known to be cool and calm anyway, I would imagine that when he saw the missed field goal, as dramatic as it was for a "moment in sports", how could it be worse than losing his son? I guess any negative event in his life from now on would be more "uphill" after that tragedy. God bless him, and may his heart heal, some way, some how...

Edited by Jonny Lingo