GreaseSpot Cafe

Possessed

CM

From what I've been taught in TWI, its where the 'demon' (or 'devil spirit' if you prefer) enters, and then occupies the brain/mind of the possessed. And (supposedly) is difficult as hell to get out or made to leave, depending on the size/viciousness of said spirit.

Ie., boils down to an ignorant, and often abusive, attempt to explain mental illness.

hey fellow eagle!

pictures anyway

i think this idea and the many that go with it from twi

should be reevaluated as well as the other things

i mean they screwed us in so many things

seems this one shouldn't be excluded fron examination

and could shed some positive light on the things we really want to know

hi (((CM)))

I think your right...all things should be re-evalualted..I wish I had all the time..I just try to keep things simple. Altho, I hold to some very valuable truth's.

Yes, we were feed some awful stuff.....we do need light shed on us and this subject:)

Edited by likeaneagle

Being Possessed means that your physical body is taken over by another entity

Is It Possible?? Yes

Does it Happen?? I'm sure it does BUT--------

99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

of the time it is a word used to

a] excuse your own or someone else's bad behavior

b] justify intolerance, bigotry and hatred and the manifestations of the same

c] a combination of a and b

From what I've been taught in TWI, its where the 'demon' (or 'devil spirit' if you prefer) enters, and then occupies the brain/mind of the possessed. And (supposedly) is difficult as hell to get out or made to leave, depending on the size/viciousness of said spirit.

Ie., boils down to an ignorant, and often abusive, attempt to explain mental illness.

Do you have a better explanation of mental illness?

If so -- I am all ears.

Not trying to be fracetious here. If you know what you are talking about, say on!

thanks for the replys,

templelady said

"your physical body is taken over by another entity"

isn't this true anyway cause it's not the other way around usually in physically healthy people. in other words, isn't something there that has taken over anyway?

our wills

our loves

our hates

our desires

our passions

what is this entity?

soul?.....spirit?......

who is this me that is me?

the i that is in charge of i?

not trying to be tricky or deceitful

or to catch anyone in their words

but lets THINK and see what it is

that you or me is and have come to be

why some are this way and some are that way

not talking about possession but just in general

even animals have different personalities

eccl 3:21Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

the scriptures even say the animals have spirit

and i don't buy the breakdown in RTHST book

consider the over 500 uses of the word spirit

and even more of the word breath which is the same word i think

as well as wind

here's one and another

eccl 8:6Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him. 7For he knoweth not that which shall be: for who can tell him when it shall be? 8There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.

eccl 11: 5As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.

so possession...hmmmmm

i see caught away in the spirit

the spirit led me

and i was in the spirit

the spirit came upon me

and things like this that are godly

so devil spirits or demons

do they work in the same sort of manner?

or is there a different twist to it

i'm of course a lot more interested in the godly

but seeing how the ungodly wind blows too

good link Oakspear

i often ask myself

that's me talking to me

whatever that is and who the me's are....lol

how does the spirit work

the wind blows in so many directions

i've seen it work and still i wonder...

and as far as demon possession

it is apparently a reality if one reads and believes

what it says about them in the bible

but what is the source of this

where does it come from

as well as the spirit of god

are they actually the same yet the colors are changed?

consider the one delivered that all marveled that he was sitting and in his right mind

what is that - in his right mind?

what was removed or "blown" away

this is not a lite subject and can be taken too literal

i hope noone is caught up in to a confusing state of mind

Do you have a better explanation of mental illness?

If so -- I am all ears.

Not trying to be fracetious here. If you know what you are talking about, say on

Ohhh, how about:

1) chemical imbalances in the brain that effect behavior in an unhealthy way.

2) psychological imbalances/disturbances/reactions brought on by extreme and/or abusive external behaviors by others.

3) various other disturbances of the mind including the above, and including other items that bring about mental illness, or makes the mind sick.

4) but does NOT include the various 'demonic influences' that have been since disproven by the above descriptions.

(Now I would trust any descriptions from the above rather than some Mickey Mouse exorcist/spiritualist/advanced class grad any day. And this is after years of listening to & believing the aforementioned *crap* that comes from the 'demon haunted' world. Especially after reading/seeing/hearing all the ridiculous results, and of course abuse that often happens to people, to where I said 'Enough!', and threw that all down the proverbial toilet.)

For a more professional opinion, which goes beyond what either I OR you OR any exorcist has to offer, see a psychologist/psychiatrist/mental health professional. ... And I do say that w/o any animosity at all. :wink2:

(Now I would trust any descriptions from the above rather than some Mickey Mouse exorcist/spiritualist/advanced class grad any day. And this is after years of listening to & believing the aforementioned *crap* that comes from the 'demon haunted' world. Especially after reading/seeing/hearing all the ridiculous results, and of course abuse that often happens to people, to where I said 'Enough!', and threw that all down the proverbial toilet.)

Garth, seems as though you are looking at anyone who believes in spiritual realities as believing in what twi taught, and further you will not give anyone a chance to be seen as being broken out of that shell and actually have some answers regarding the spirit. You are always throwing twi dogma into the faces of those who do not hold their views, but you take what is said turn it into twi doctrine to attack it rather then consider what is really being talked about.

Seems to me you are seeing thru twi glasses still. I got your point a long time ago.

Mental illness and the things you listed are physical and spiritual.

And if you would talk to a PROFESSIONAL, he\she would say the same thing.

Life is SPIRITUAL or there would not be LIFE.

Let's try this again.

Garth, seems as though you are looking at anyone who believes in spiritual realities as believing in what twi taught, and further you will not give anyone a chance to be seen as being broken out of that shell and actually have some answers regarding the spirit.
That's not what I said. Notice that I didn't focus exclusively on TWI, as for one thing TWI isn't the only only who rants on about 'demons', 'devils', and the like. Plus I am speaking about/from my own observations/experiences about what I see regarding this area, and have done nothing to keep anyone from 'having a chance' to break out of any shell.
Mental illness and the things you listed are physical and spiritual.

And if you would talk to a PROFESSIONAL, he\she would say the same thing.

A mental health professional deals with the mental side of things. A clerical professional deals with the spiritual side of things. And the difference between you and I is what either one of us accepts/rejects as spiritual. I just happen to reject the spiritual in regards to demons and the like.

Seems to me you are seeing thru twi glasses still.
Definitely wrong. As how does dismissing the 'demon haunted' world line up with TWI, hmmmm? Answer: it doesn't.
I got your point a long time ago.

Yeah, well you aren't the only one here who's reading these posts, and from what I see from the beginning post, it was addressed to anybody to respond. Thank you.

so i'm obviously talking about spiritual

if you got some thing lets hear it

if you don't believe in spiritual then why post at all?

am i a threat to you?

just because you can't see don't mean others can't

why waste your time on me?

you said-

"I am speaking about/from my own observations/experiences about what I see regarding this area"

is that all there is to see?

perhaps there is more

and yes let's bring out the rest of those who object to any thing they can't see or feel

let's just squash anything that don't fit into what your little world wants to acknowledge

"i don't know" is a perfectly fine answer to that which you do not understand

but no, it's gotta fit into some capsule of human experience and actually seeing something

failure to understand the simple basics of seeing is part of the limitations of many

speaking of posts from the start of this thread...

boils down to an ignorant, and often abusive, attempt to explain mental illness

i never said that or implyed it, but you took what i said and are applying that to many situations that i did not address

i am talking about possession as it is talked about in the scriptures

you want to start on mental illness then start a thread on mental illness

it is a known fact and truth that people have been

delivered from demons, known to me and

i am willing to take a closer look

by way of understanding spirit more

there is no end of enlightenment to see

if you choose to not look at it and consider these things

then don't, cause you are stopping those who want to discuss it

just like the other thread i started on the air, life, heart subject

i will not shut up about it or the other things i have seen and heard

i will take the heat of whatever anyone has to throw at me

if they so choose, but i say you are wasting your time

cause it just might be possible that there is something

that can be explored and lo and behold seen for the first time

noone is the beginning and end of all knowledge

the alpha and omega....who dares to take a peek

so i'm obviously talking about spiritual

if you got some thing lets hear it

if you don't believe in spiritual then why post at all?

am i a threat to you?

just because you can't see don't mean others can't

why waste your time on me?

... just one example

????? Chief, you have GOT to get over yourself. :nono5:

Who said that I was directing what I said ONLY to you? And who says that if I don't 'believe in the spiritual', then why should I post? And yet you act as if I am trying to shut YOU up?? :huh:

I do no such thing. All I'm doing is responding to the question posed in itself. And that does *nothing* to stop others from posting their opinion. Nothing! You don't like me posting? Tough!

By the way, a large part of your problem with my posts, is that you don't read what I wrote, you read into them. Of that, I am sure. ... I got a tip for you. Read what people *actually* write, and go from there.

I stand by what I say.

this thread is over and done with

the end

Sez you!

Why can't others post here, whether they believe in demons or not? Why is it that when someone says that they don't believe in them, YOU say that the thread is done with? You just can't deal with dissenting statements of unbelief w/o feeling persecuted about it?

:cryhug_1_:

"You just can't deal with dissenting statements of unbelief w/o feeling persecuted about it?"

no just ignorance and narrow mindedness

and you are reading me feeling persecution INTO what i said

you don't even know what i said...lol

yeah boy, i've wrestled with this one, but i seem to always reach the conclusion, at least for now, that there is something invisible and powerful with a life and will of it's own that can, under the right cirmcumstances, influence humans.

my main problem with TWI's version was that it was too general and far reaching - a bromide for any "unacceptable behavior"

i believe a better word for "possession" is "demonized" and it's effects can exist in a range as mild as being influenced by the lies and deceit of a cultural message (ie - images of "Volvo driving, professional, good-looking, six pack abs sporting together guy" as the icon of success) to complete surrender to a particular malevolent force.

No less a subjective investigator than Scott Peck came to these conclusions after observing the phenomena of evil. His book People of the Lie along with his recommendation Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin shed some light on the subject for me.

I'm not married to the notion of spirits and "possession" as true, but at this point in my investigation I would have to say I believe.