GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI's current topic - Strong in the Lord

GT

Remember how VPW would teach in graphic detail about what happened to Jesus prior to his death-the beatings, tortures, etc-taking all our sins and disease upon Him?

You don't suppose-could it possible be-is it remotely concievable that........

He caused His own death because of negative believing?!?!?!.........

....and that's why we don't hear much about Him from TWI.....

Just thinking out loud.

Sorry topoftheworld, but that whole "all believing equals receiving" and "fear equals negative believing" doctrine was bogus.

If you care to know more just ask, and I'll be happy to share why that doctrine was wrong.

You cannot make things happen by believing for them or by having fear. Those were erroneous doctrines we were taught by Wierwille!

But, VPW did die of cancer and yet he taught that cancer was a devil spirit!

I know it's bogus, Out...

My point (tongue in cheek) was to offer an "explanation" for why Jesus is not glorified, taught, explained, expounded upon by TWI. Why? What possible explanation is there other than the TWI concentration on the Grace Administration? According to things I've seen on these threads, it has become as if He doesn't exist. So my "attempt" was a humorous explanation. (in TWI think)

Okay? :)

Love ya.

"In the Lord" was an ac teaching of loys,meaning you you to be commited to the nth degree,sold out,

willing to lay it on the line,household believing,He once said you had to be more commited than any military

to its cause.

So it is another one of thier mind control bs,twi always took somthing simple made it look complicated,so you see,you cannot understand it unless we teach it to you.

I know it's bogus, Out...

My point (tongue in cheek) was to offer an "explanation" for why Jesus is not glorified, taught, explained, expounded upon by TWI. Why? What possible explanation is there other than the TWI concentration on the Grace Administration? According to things I've seen on these threads, it has become as if He doesn't exist. So my "attempt" was a humorous explanation. (in TWI think)

Okay? :)

Love ya.

Okay, My Bad! :)

I kinda thought you were spoofing Top, but wasn't 100% sure, since you were "thinking out loud". And as ex10 said it's easy to misunderstand.

But sadly there are some who post here that still subscribe to that erroneous doctrine. I used your post as a springboard to mention that bogus doctrine, as I've done to other posts in times past. :redface2: But I have had some PT me asking questions since they still buy into it and want to know why I don't. My hope is that some of the waybrained folks might wake up and learn some truth.

Anyway no hard feelings? I hope! :redface:

Okay, back to the topic of the thread. As you said "According to things I've seen on these threads, it has become as if He doesn't exist." and thats sad too! TWI taught us some stuff about Jesus Christ, but never taught us we can and should have a relationship with him and that we can fellowship with him and that he is an acting Lord, not just our savior, oops there I go ranting again. Sorry.

Peace.

Edited by Outin88.

Where in the bible is "tapping in" to the power...?

Is it like tapping a keg? Must be a lesser known figger of speech, tapakeggadunamis. Even so, it seems kind of illicit. Like siphoning a few gallons out of the Holy Gas Tank.

Anyway, that's what I've been researching lately.

Edited by satori001

Where in the bible is "tapping in" to the power...?

Is it like tapping a keg? Must be a lesser known figger of speech, tapakeggadunamis. Even so, it seems kind of illicit. Like siphoning a few gallons out of the Holy Gas Tank.

Anyway, that's what I've been researching lately.

ROTFLMAO!

With all that guzzling down of a diversity of "spirits" that would certainly

render them "Strong in the Stench".

What ticked me off about the Strong In The Lord = AB$ thing was that after they had YOUR money, you better be ready to give YOUR time, and YOUR resources. It was never enough.

Remember when Howard "The Holy Saint of Laidmen of The Word" Allen declared that ABS could come from the net income, not the gross - like, that was just major revelation! PHEW! AMAZING! I mean, where we had to pay taxes and had no choice, then our real income was just the net income - gross had nothing to do with it.....

I remember thinking there was a hook in that statement when that rule was declared...

But there wasn't....

The whole thing was a hook!

...A hook indeed! The absent Christ doctrine was their ticket to control the whole sheebang...Can't talk to Jesus...he ain't here no more...so if you wanna know the score, ya gotta go through the waytree...and yes, the bottom line was always the money..."take your foot off the hose" really means that "we sell the power of God, give us your money"...You take your foot off of the hose and twi puts their foot in your a**. .. Great example of bait and switch.

Stand strong in the Lord?...First ya gotta know who the Lord is, and he better not be absent, that's for sure.