GreaseSpot Cafe

champaign area

likeaneagle

• 5 months later...

L an E,

I don't know how long ago you left twi, but perhaps you know my brother and sister-in-law.

THey were the area coordinators for the Champaign/ Normal and surrounding area for a number of years. I think they left 3 or 4 years ago.

That was their first asignment out of the corpse and they got married there.

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

quote:
Originally posted by lindyhopper:

L an E,

I don't know how long ago you left twi, but perhaps you know my brother and sister-in-law.

THey were the area coordinators for the Champaign/ Normal and surrounding area for a number of years. I think they left 3 or 4 years ago.

That was their first asignment out of the corpse and they got married there.

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

Ahh yes, I was at their wedding. Dr. Don was there as well. I was in their fellowship only a short time until I moved to Chicago in 97.

Are they still in?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"..........but hey, I love to see a good Clothesline once in a while

quote:
Originally posted by wendy jo allen:

HI,

My Mom Twigged in Champaign for several years wiht the Wittersheims. I joined her with my youngest son, Matthew, in 94 and worked for Carle Foundation Hospital for awhile.

love,

wendy

I believe I took an Intermediate Class there in 92 or 93. Gawd, I barely remember anything.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"..........but hey, I love to see a good Clothesline once in a while

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Wrassle Not

I was at that wedding too. That was me posing as the Best Man and making that jittery toast.

They are still in unfortunately. They are in Houston with no sign of leaving anytime soon. they Just had their first kid, a girl. We too had our first, a boy, about a month before they did.

Wish they would leave. I think he would before she would and I don't think that will happen. icon_frown.gif:(-->

They are good folks though. IMbiasedO Not your average wafers.

It don't mean a thing, all you gotta do is swing.

I remember them being really cool. Although they came out of the Corps "on fire" so we all had to kick it up a notch. heh heh. The wedding was great to. I was on the set up crew. I THINK I was in a tan colored suit. That was the only suit I had at the time. heh heh. I loved that old mansion to.

Anyway if they are in Huston now, I wonder if anyone is left in Illinois, in that area.

• 4 months later...

*cough*

I was 2 years old in 1972. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I was born and raised in Peoria.

Peoria was Wayless when the WOWs came in 92/93.

I was the only new person that stayed in long enough to do anything. I left there in 97.

Peoria is Wayless again. heh heh!

• 2 weeks later...

HEHE Wrestlenot! Hope you get rid of that nagging cough. Mercy, I didn't even know there were Wayfers in Peoria after 86. I went there several times a year to see my mom , until just recently. She lived up in the north end of town. Back in my TWI days, I lived down near Bradley for some of it.

A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle.

quote:
Originally posted by simonzelotes:

HAPe,

Did you ever go to a youth advance in Marinette,Wi. in '72?...I went there with a crowd from Waukegan,and I remember a bunch of people from Peoria being there...I think Peoria's leader then was Howie Somebody....

simon- I remember something I went to in Marinette or was it Beloit in 72 or 73? The details are lost in time.

Yep, "Howie something" is actually me. He was totally flipped for a girl from Waukegan, J.Kr*j**ki. (now her last name is P@v@ica I think. Still in from what someone here said.???) I also remember a Mr. B. That is all the name I ever knew him by. There were tons of others, if you jogged my memory. I expect we do know each other at least vaguely maybe more.

The Waukegan, /Antioch area was led in 72 or so by John D*smo*d. a tall blond Jesus look-a-like guy. I think he went on to be a deprogrammer or something. I remember coming to a Way home in Antioch and having a really fine deep dish pizza!

I think I didn't lead Peoria until the end of 72 or early 73. We had Wows there until August of 72, and the only really speratul person, Becky B. ( later F*g*t) in our first class left to go WOW in August of 72 so that left me or Dave P*tt*t. I think I won the coin flip, or maybe I told him I would get his guitar out of the pawn shop if he would fade to the back LOL.

Did you come down to our "first Illinois Limb meeting" Christmas 73? with VPW and Ted, Mardell and Claudette? I still have napkins from that.

HAPe4me

Hap,

Wow,you bring back some memories....We never met,I just remember you teaching at that youth advance in Marinette...I was an anonymous 15-year-old new grad then...I remember Joan,and D*sm*nd ran my class...

In '74 P*tt*t and I drove from Chicago to Springfield for some reason to pick up some wows or something...When we pulled into town we realized we didn't know where they lived or their phone#....About 30 seconds after we realized that,we saw two cars parked in a driveway with way bumper stickers on them-the house we were looking for....

I was "tripped out" most of 1973(probably 'cuz I was ripped off by the adversary),so I never made it to that Limb meeting...I got talked back into returning by Row C*rls*n...I used to like this little Debbie girl who later married Steve Str**t,they were from Peoria..

Anyway,nice to hear from you...I'm sure we both look different than we did then...Good Lord,has it been 32 years?

quote:
Originally posted by simonzelotes:

Hap,

Wow,you bring back some memories....(snipped)..

In '74 P*tt*t and I drove from Chicago to Springfield for some reason (snipped)...

...I used to like this little Debbie girl who later married Steve Str**t,they were from Peoria..

Anyway,nice to hear from you...I'm sure we both look different than we did then...Good Lord,has it been 32 years?

SimonZ- yep, its the memories like this that I come to GS to get. The rest of the wrangling that happens here is all in fun as far as I am concerned.

I imagine after that incident with Dave he pulled back his hair with both hands and said "far out". Debbie's last name was H*rm*nn. Their marriage didn't last, but you had lots of competition for that little cutie's affection. Debbie had another girlfriend Nancy W*ss*lh*ft. Another fine woman.

It is nice toi hear from folks back then who were in the same circles, but I do look the same except my hair is shorter. What happened to you? LOL oh yeah, it HAS been 32 years.

~HAPe4me