GreaseSpot Cafe

Corrupted Top Leadership??????

djs

Thanks LornaDoone,

I loved your post - I could see your heart all the way here. I'm considering just maybe poking my head into other churches. About two Sundays of the month we don't have fellowships and that leaves me free to explore.

I'm walking a tight rope here because my husband, while he admits that there's problems, is just not at that point yet. I'm taking a step back and letting him go through his own process. We are not on the same level right now. I know that forcing it on him is not the way to go and that he needs his space to come to his own conculsions.

When we were way disciples a few years ago, we went to churches and joined bible study/discussion groups and had a blast. We didn't force anything on anyone and spoke the word we had in our hearts. We didn't have to "witness" that was not the point. But so many people came to us with questions and wanted to know how we knew so much. We told them what we did and IF they were interested we'd give them our info.

I think that is problaly the best approach to take so we can really see what's out there. Maybe, we could find something better.

I'd welcome any other suggestions on how to approach this with a spouse who is "just not there yet"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a lot of praying. And I gave my spouse plenty of space to process. Part of our problem was we were afraid to talk to each other about what we were thinking. We found out we were more on the same page than we realized. Even after we agreed together to leave it still took us months to do it because of other factors. When something that came up or was taught seemed odd, we would bring it up to each other. We are still working things through but we are both happier than we have been in years.

DJS,

You are in our hearts and prayers!

Keep in mind that, if fear is what honestly keeps you in twi (fear of leaving the "only" true household, of calamity for leaving the walls of protection, of losing friends, being wrong, etc.) then fear is always the wrong motive. Do whatever you believe is God's will, but not due to fear.

DJS, My spouse left twi long before I did....He was wonderfull. He patiently explained to me that he didn`t think that twi was healthy at the root level any more, and that eventually the poison would work it`s way down to the local branch and twig level. I wanted to stay and fight to try to save it.

He encouraged me to enjoy the local fellowship that was still so sweet for as long as it remained so....but to be aware and watchfull.

He was correct, I attended for several more years with the kids.....and watched legalism and down right meanness increase incrimentally untill eventually fellowship and the people I had known and loved for over a decade changed into something unrecognisable.

My spouse was patient and kind...but unmovable....I begged him to write his loyalty oath....to start serving again...thank goodness he had better sense then to listen to me.

The thing that helped me the most in those tumultuous years was seeing the same genuine honesty and love for God, remain unchanging in my spouse ...a direct counter to what twi was telling me about leaving and the people who left.

djs

The main problem of TWI is not that the leadership is corrupt, the problem is the doctrinal error not only the MOG LCM/VPW sex problem but several other doctrinal errors that are "toxic".