GreaseSpot Cafe

Would this tempt you to go?

djs

This is a flyer that went out to all the fellowships to be passed around. I haven't decided what I think about it yet. I think it sounds good but seems to me that it is another band aid put on an open wound. People would be lined up to go on staff, way corp, way d. if things were made right.

Attention: Advance Class Graduates!

You are invited.........

..... to be part of a life changing, experience, serving on Staff at The Way International Headquarters!

Are you looking for a new, exciting, and rewarding oppurtunity to serve and grow? Picture yourself working side by side with an abundance of like-minded Advanced Class grads, Way Corps ministers, and the Board of Directors of our wonderful ministry. Imagine yourself breaking bread with the Staff at the noon meal and being part of the heart beat of the prevailing word as it moves out to the world. Picture yourself attending the Sunday Teaching Services "live and in color"and contributing to the believing efforts of moving God's word to the world from a beautiful setting in rural Ohio.

Our local villages and communities provide the picture-perfect American small-town atomsphere. The local top-ranked schools, which boast 100 percent graduation rates, are equipped with modern facilities and the latest technology. In addition, there are more than a dozen colleges and universties within a 50 mile radius. And yes, there's plenty to do in your leisure time too! Beautiful lakes, parks, museums, quaint coffee shops and bookshops, grocery stores, movie theaters, and more........ We're only a 30 minute drive from two local malls. And for those special shopping excrsions to the big city, Dayton and Columbus are about one to one and a half hours away. All of this is available in a community with a very low crime rate where the cost of living is below the national average.

If this kind of exciting opportunity is what you're looking for, then serving on the Staff fo The Way International may be just for you!

We have immediate openings for the following positions at The Way International Headquarters:

General Maintenance worker Electricians helper

Plumber's helper HVAC-Services Worker

Grounds Worker Housekeeping worker

Multi-Services worker

Consider the dynamic impact of your life on moving on God's prevailing word from the Headquarters of our wonderful ministry as you:

>Contribute to the care and maintenance of the facilities as a General Maintenance worker, Plumber's helper, HVAC worker, Housekeeping worker, or Electrician's helper

>Help keep the beautiful grounds of The Way vibrant and well-groomed as a Grounds worker

>Work in a wide variety of settings as a multi-Service worker

Several of these positions require no previous experience. Training will be provided by skilled individuals on Staff at The Way International.

We also have an opening for a Carpenter/Painter at Camp Gunnsion--The way Household Ranch, located in the central Rocky Mountains and surrounded by mountains, forests, rivers, and lakes, in Gunnsion Colorado.

INTERESTED? to apply or for more information about these positions, contact your state coordinator.

We also have an opening for a Carpenter/Painter at Camp Gunnsion--The way Household Ranch, located in the central Rocky Mountains and surrounded by mountains, forests, rivers, and lakes, in Gunnsion Colorado.

Of course............you are NOT ALLOWED to leave the campus. You are NOT ALLOWED to fish the river. No smoking is allowed and we prefer that you are young and naive with a strong back.

And, you can't go hiking by yourself.....it has to be a group thing....with every staff person in agreement, and only between the months of December - March. All other times, you'll be too busy painting.

More specifics are availiable.....if you are interested.

:spy:

As far as I know here's what people think of those who work on staff:

- they live in dorm rooms or flimsy trailers - even families

- they don't even have their very own phone

- they get paid meager wages

- they have zero to no retirement savings

- they don't have any free time to enjoy those things mentioned in the letter

- they don't enjoy the Sunday services; they work the Sunday services

- they have even less privacy than they do now living in the real world

- they are incredibly isolated and oblivious to what goes on in the real world

- they can't take vacations whenever they want to

- they don't have the money to go on nice vacations and it's a dream to think they ever will

- they really aren't free to leave/quite any time they want; they are often bullied into staying an extra year, even when they haven't signed up for it

- they are TWI employees 24/7, body, soul, spirit

- they aren't really happy

Knowledge of these things from first hand accounts zeros out any persuasive marketing hooplah they might try to pass off in some flier.

And what the he11 do they need more employees for anyway?? It's already something like 4 TWI employees to every believer "on the field", isn't it?

As a former HQ staffer, and in the interests of truth in advertising, their ad needs a few revisions:

Attention: Advance Class Graduates!

You are invited......... [translation: we are losing workers faster than we can replace them]

..... to be part of a life changing, experience [fine print: We didn't say it's necessarily a change for the better, did we?], slaving on Staff at The Way International Headquarters!

Picture yourself working side by side with an abundance of yes-men and -women, Way Corps grads who have climbed to the top of the corporate ladder, and the Board of Directors [Rozilla the Legalist, Harvey her Lap Dog, and Jean the the Lean, Mean, Information-Spinning Machine]. Imagine yourself being required to eat every single solitary noon meal in the OSC and being part of the heart beat of the prevailing word as it moves out to the world [which it's already OVER by the way]. Picture yourself being forced to attend every Sunday Teaching Service, every Sunday morning fellowship, every staff meeting, every Corps meeting if you’re a Corps grad, every “work fellowship," every class that Rozilla decides the staff needs to sit through again--live and in color"and contributing to the believing efforts of moving God's word to the world [which, did we mention, it’s already OVER?] from a beautiful cornfield in rural Ohio.

Our local villages and communities provide the picture-perfect American small-town atomsphere. The local top-ranked schools, which boast science teachers who inform young teens that “if they masturbate they’re gay” and spew other similar gems, in a K-12 school that was built in 1910 and has the latest technology [e.g., telephones, electricity, and running water]. In addition, there are more than a dozen colleges and universties within a 50 mile radius, although you won’t have the time or money to attend. And yes, there's plenty to do in your leisure time, too—well, if you had any leisure time, that is!.

If this kind of mind-numbing :sleep1: opportunity is what you're looking for, then slaving on the Staff of The Way International may be just for you!

:P :P :P

Edited by Linda Z

I think this is where all of us Intermediate class grads who left before we took the advanced class should be extremely thankful--

Now when they start sending out letters that say--

To all you Intermediate Class Grads who never got to take the Advanced Class due unfortunate circumstances, Not the Fault of TWI, here is your opportunity

Come to beautiful New Knoxville Ohio , where you will be welcomed back to take the Advanced class and once again join the ranks of True believers....

That will be cause for rejoicing because when that happens the day of TWI's demiss is surre to be close at hand

Edited by templelady

I was lucky when I was on staff because I worked with a great group of people (the dept. head was a little wound up at times, but nothing some butt kissing couldn't fix), and we had a blast. Yeah, it was hard work (Food Services), but our managers treated us well, overall. They made sure we had breaks, and even let us off early sometimes when things were done. They weren't really nosey or anything - they were much nicer than many of the other dept heads we knew. No, it's not the type of job I'd have wanted to have for years, but for a year or two, it was fine - I was happier with it than I thought I'd be.

Personally, if it wasn't for the problems with my husband, I would have stayed. (Maybe that's a sign of, you-know-you-got-a-poopy-marriage-when...) The pay wasn't all that bad, considering the room and board thrown in - and we didn't need a car... It was the first time we'd ever had a savings account and weren't living on Raman Noodles!

(I should explain that Hubby 1.0 went through about four or more jobs a year - I was always the bread winner at tax time. I remember us thinking we'd struck pay dirt once because he landed a job making $8/hr - and this was in 1993. Sad.)

How much does it pay?

What is the average pay for a staff worker at The Way?

An electrician or HVAC guy ought to get paid more that a maintenance man or janitor.

Sounds like they can't keep good help. I worked there one year and it was one of the hardest working years of my life. And they paid us $30 a month. And as a young person there was really nothin to do.

Here are a few questions I would ask before working waaaay out there in the boonies:

And will they allow you to buy some of that cheap real estate in the area and have a mortgage or will you be penalized for doing so? Will you be able to afford your mortgate? Is it a good investment to buy in that sleepy area? Will your home appreciate much? Will it be hard to sell?

How far do you need to drive to get to the nearest Home Depot, Lowes, Super Target, Sams Club or Concert venue? What are the working hours....exactly. What is the pay exactly. Are the weekends yours?

And most importanlty do they offer wired or wireless braodband Internet access in the shared living facilities on grounds? If there is no Internet in your dorm or living quarters I would refuse to work there.

Stone Ages!

Of those I know who did go, not one wanted to stay more than the one year they agreed to be there. One gal was coerced into staying for another year because they told her that she had signed up for two years. She didn't. They put a lot of pressure on her to stay for another year and so she did, albeit very reluctantly.

Those I know who worked at HQ or even those on the field who were on TWIt pay had a very difficult time adjusting to life in "the real world." However, once they got the taste of freedom (even that little bit of freedom we had) was soooo sweet to them. It was enough to make them not want to go back on staff, ever again.

Imo, the only people who are genuinely happy being on staff these days are those who are in a position to have their feet kissed and those who know nothing but kissing feet. I'm hoping that my ex's first year on staff has been enough to open his eyes to how rotten TWI is through and through because of the fungus and decay at the root of TWI.