GreaseSpot Cafe

Forum Question

Belle

Maybe the discussion should be more along the lines of what is a Doctrinal thread and what determines why a post my be moved down there?

I'll second that! :)

Yeah...my thread turned way too serious way too fast...which is fine...because there is a very serious issue in all of the funning...but the funning was fun...

Hehehehe....

And, CW, I reckon it does prove the point that PFAL adherents will not engage in a doctrinal discussion.

They'll change the subject, question the question, attack the poster, but they will not engage in a discussion about an actual issue questioning their doctrinal beliefs. I already know that the people who post in the Doctrinal section are intelligent, confident in their beliefs and able to offer proof, validation and enlightening discussion on the topic. It's those PFAL adherents that I was hoping would post on your thread.

I suspect we'll not see them down there to have a real discussion. Any visits to your thread by them will be much of the same that we already saw on page 1.

Tom - I've wondered how some of it didn't stay outta the Soap Opera forum, myself...

Someone here said that it's a more logical (for the most part) forum. I'm paraphrasing here, so nobody get your nickers in a knot, k? (I'm sick of getting smacked on the nose because someone thinks paraphrasing = twisting what was written.... But the forum has a lot of strong, opinionated people posting there who each think their views are THE view. (That's my nod to THE, okay?) It's a great place to post if you like getting the snot beat out of you when you disagree with someone (i.e. Momentus wasn't that bad...)....

That being said...

I would like make a motion that we have a PFAL section for those people who want to play on that field and basically separate PFAL from the Doctorine forum. Maybe we could call it the Quadrinity Forum (you know, God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and VPW)...

I would like make a motion that we have a PFAL section for those people who want to play on that field and basically separate PFAL from the Doctorine forum. Maybe we could call it the Quadrinity Forum (you know, God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and VPW)...

A lot shorter name would be "Mike's Place"...

As to casual drop ins in post. I don't think that will be a problem. That is a respectful and logical place to dwell and one would feel as if they had their underwear on their head before too long and just bow out.

That's a good point, CK. ;)

(With the exception of Mike (nothing casual there) ---

Uhhh -- what was my point??? :unsure:

From Chas:

I would like make a motion that we have a PFAL section for those people who want to play on that field and basically separate PFAL from the Doctorine forum.

I would agree, with the exception being that any thread that "the Mike" hijacks, should immediately go to the soap opera section.

J.

Garth:

I wasn't talking about you and Cynic when I mentioned dreams and scrawls on subway cars being the inspiration for doctrinal threads. Sorry, poor sentence structure. I was obliquely referring to one of our number who starts discussions about flying whales in Genesis, or posts 'words of prophecy'.

Carry on :evilshades:

as one who frequents the dungeon, i am somewhat torn on this one

for one, a lot of doctrinal stuff goes on in all forums anyway, it seems

its almost like there are multiple doctrinal forums going on

also, ive always kinda liked the doctrinal forum being at the fringe at the bottom of the GSC robe

so as to avoid posting things in ex-way mainstreet that gets you buried under a pile of hypertextual rocks

but that being said...sometimes i would prefer a little stirring up of passions

to getting little to no response

also...it seems as if the atmosphere of the forums has changed a bit over the years

i think it might be good to move doctrinal more up front

especially if we can find better ways to compare doctrinal maps without devolving to accusations of possession,

such healthier dialogical demonstrations might actually help people grow beyond the exclusivity taught in twi