GreaseSpot Cafe

The Pressure of 'Believing'

SafariVista

and there's always my promotion, which i was certain would not happen, and which I confessed to many would not happen... but I got it anyway...

Edited by Raf

...Even Jesus PRAYED :"Lord , THY will be done on earth, as it is in heaven?"

God does say to pray a lot....... (James 5:16) then, let HIS will be done. Boy is this a weight off my shoulders.

I like to now say "Lord, what is Your pleasure?"

It sounds better than "will" to me, but same heart.

We are to believe that He is, believe who He is, and believe that He is a rewarder to those that seek HIM.

It doesn't say to believe for a new car, or for no neighbors, or for a "perfect" life..........

He seeks His glory, we are not to revel in our own. The whole "believing" concept makes us glory in ourselves, or condemn ourselves.

The whole 4th and 5th chapter of James is awesome in this aspect;

"...13 Go to now, ye that say, "today or tomorrow WE WILL go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 14 whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15 for that ye ought to say "if the LORD WILL we shall live, and do this or that." 16 but now YE REJOICE IN YOUR BOASTINGS: all such rejoicing is evil....

Blessed art thou, Bliss: for flesh and blood hath not revealed this unto thee, but our Father which is in heaven!

I swear I am sitting here with goosebumps after reading your post. That be some ACCurate Word handling, more so than I've seen in a long time! Thanks. :eusa_clap:

Thanks free2love, but glory to God for sure. He is really working overtime on my heart lately, and put that verse to me 3 times in one day through various things. WILD!

I just love relying on Him to get me through the day, and not my old way of ''leading'' him around.

Glad you were blessed, it blessed me too.

The other part of it was the "boasting'' aspect. We did a word study on that this week and .........hello???We are not to boast in ourselves but in Him! Love that.

bliss :wave:

I agree with Oak on this 100%.

I've said it before, and perhaps it's worth repeating (again) ---

THE LAW OF BELIEVING IS THE MOST INSIDIOUS TEACHING

TO EVER COME FROM TWI.

That ONE teaching, has ruined more lives than all the others. (My IMO).

I agree wholeheartedly with dmiller's post.

Twi's teaching was that there is a "power" inside your mind that can effect circumstances outside of your body...some folks have called it witchcraft...I simply call it hogwash!

There is a massive difference between believing God and twi's "law of believing"...insidious is the right word.

I posted this in reply to someone's post on another thread... It seems appropriate to repeat it here... I hope it blesses you.

"I think it depends on your thinking. I really believe that what you think about and harbor in your heart of hearts, dwell on non stop, eventually will pop out somewhere in your life. I really believe the carma thing is real but ONLY to a cerain point. The positive/negative energy that is with in you attracks energy of its own kind.

When things like that happen to me - the personal stuff, sickness, injuries, etc. I ask myself what's going on upstairs in that big mushy brain of mine. Sometimes, it could be that life just happened but most of the time I know it has something to do with my emotions and there's something I need help getting over."

Wow... I just read where you stated you were self-deprogramming on another thread... I don't want to sound mean but if you still buy this load of junk it's going to take a long, long time for you to venture out. Your post brings a very old song to mind:

"You are living a reality I left years ago

It quite nearly killed me

In the long run, it will make you cry

Make you crazy and old before your time"

* from "You Dont Have To Cry" - CSNY

"I think it depends on your thinking. I really believe that what you think about and harbor in your heart of hearts, dwell on non stop, eventually will pop out somewhere in your life."

- OK, I can see some truth in the mentally dwelling-on and 'popping out' part but, in essence, what you are saying is that your mind alters things outside your body and that's just nonsense. I'm sure you don't believe in telepathy or telekinesis, right? Why would you believe that your positive/negative attitude/thoughts/feelings would/could affect events occuring outside of yourself? Stop and think about it for a minute... That's not sound thinking, is it? No it's not.

"I really believe the carma thing is real..."

- I have news for you. What goes around does not come around. If it did a lot of us would be dead. In fact, if you stop and think about it, any belief in the idea of karma totally flies in the face of God's forgiveness, doesn't it? ...And then, on the 'positive' side, where does karma fit into you receiving eternal life? No... Karma just won't fly at all.

"The positive/negative energy that is within you attracks energy of its own kind."

- Huh? Who told you that? That's about the biggest bunch of new-age, eastern mystic hooey I've ever heard. That doesn't even make sense. Does it? No, c'mon, really, think about it. Please.

"When things like that happen to me - the personal stuff, sickness, injuries, etc. I ask myself what's going on upstairs in that big mushy brain of mine. ...most of the time I know it has something to do with my emotions and there's something I need help getting over"

Who told you your brain is mushy? (I bet I can guess) The bible says you have the mind of Christ, doesn't it? ...And you cause sickness and injury? You must be pretty powerful. I thought Satan caused those things. You must have a huge guilt comlpex too ...but the bible says there is no condemnation. As a matter of fact it says in 1 John: "...Hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure (persuade) our hearts before him. For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God."

I can definitely empathize. I believed these things and taught them as well. None of the 'positive believing' thing is biblical or Christian in any way. If it's true that you want to leave, it's logical that you are trying to separate the baby from the bathwater and obvious that you think this 'Law of Believing' is part of the baby. Well, it's not and unless and until you see that you are going to be stuck.

God Bless You

Edited by free2love