GreaseSpot Cafe

Do My Eyes Deceive ME?

templelady

As I type I am suspended between hope and the fear of further disappointment. I looked out the window at 3PM Anchorage time on this beautiful sunny day, and noticed that the trees, barren in the AM, had, at least some of them, become shrouded in the palest of green mists. I dare to hope that his is the first sign of LEAVES ON THE TREES.

Yep, that's right folks Anchorage is still awaiting Spring--mayhaps today signals the end of our long wait :dance:

Actually from the first hint of green to full blown leaves will take about three days ( we are up to 18 hours of daylights and gaining 5 minutes a day)

Weeds--did you have to remind ME????? those long days mean once a week will just barely keep you a pace--too be really effective at least twice a week is needed

LET'S SEE HERE. IT'S BEEN IN THE 90'S SINCE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. Here in San Antonio, we get 6 weeks of winter. A week in November (actually 2 cold fronts lasting 2 to 4 days at a time), 2 weeks in December, 2 more in January and 1 in February (much like November).

As soon as we hit day-light savings time summer hits. Spring is also about a week long.

Richard