GreaseSpot Cafe

The Countdown

Raf

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just FYI:

Today, thanks to a colleague in Virginia, the end of this countdown became pretty easy to find. I'd say thousands of people now know it, but I doubt any of them are Greasespotters.

Just FYI:

Today, thanks to a colleague in Virginia, the end of this countdown became pretty easy to find. I'd say thousands of people now know it, but I doubt any of them are Greasespotters.

Awwwwww !@#$%!!!!!

Left in the dark --- again!! :( :( :(

Yes. We're at 4.

Won't be at my computer much after this until the countdown's over, so have some fun with it. The day is Saturday, and it's all revealed Saturday night (or sooner, if you're resourceful).

olmeda.jpg

Rafael Olmeda is an assistant city editor at the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. He joined the staff of the paper as a general assignment reporter in 1999. Before that, he spent six years as a reporter for the New York Daily News,covering his home town of the Bronx.

He and a co-writer won third place in the Florida Press Club's contest for Crime Reporting in 1999, and Mr. Olmeda was part of a team that was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize for coverage of the 2004 hurricane season.

Mr. Olmeda joined the board of directors of NAHJ in 2000 as an at-large officer. A year later he was elected Region 4 director, where he organized two Spanish-language journalism conferences while serving as chairman of the association's issues committee. In this role he advocates for fair and accurate reporting of Latino communities and issues while upholding the highest standards of journalistic excellence.

He is also an adjunct professor of print journalism, general writing and grammar at Florida International University.

Methinks these folks know nothing of his MANY contributions, here at GSC, as well. ;)

We're proud of you Raf. :)

(Just my IMO)!! :biglaugh: