GreaseSpot Cafe

How Do You Determine Who To "Trust"?

Oakspear

I don't trust anyone who I haven't even met in person let alone ever heard their voice.

Now that doesn't mean that I can't obtain some people I chat to every once in a while and 'feel' that I know them. But I wouldn't put total trust in them....in fact I've learned never to put total trust in anyone. Heck, I don't even trust my own kids, why would I trust anyone else? :nono5:

I mean like HELLO.... :eusa_clap: Lets not allow ourselves be in a cult like group again.. :asdf:

There are different levels of trust. Do I trust that GSC'ers are who they say they are? Sure. (No, "Pond" isn't a pond, and "Excathedra" isn't a dogmatic statement -- at least not usually. I believe what they have written about themselves.) Would I send another GSC'er $500 if he/she promised to pay it back? Probably not. On the other hand, I do trust the others with my name and location. That means I trust that none of you would try to steal my identity or torch my house.

George

Being quick to believe people has been one of my problem areas in life. Since I’m not out to swindle, sucker, dupe, sting, rip-off, cheat, trick or double cross anyone, I just don’t imagine that people are out there waiting to do that to me…

But, I have learned that TRUST IS EARNED, and ‘the bad guys’ will usually have SOMETHING visible. So, for me to trust someone, I must spend time with them, see how they act and react in real situations.

There are three people here at the Café that I’ve met… maybe more, but I’m unaware of who everyone REALLY is… The three that I know, I trust have my best interest at heart and would do nothing to harm me or my family… I’d feel safe leaving my children with them… just don’t know if they’d be up for that~ :wave:

Oak,

I think you and I had a mutual person(s) worthy of distrust, and because our individual judgements in this case were aligned, we trusted eachothers judgement....

does that make sense?

Indeed it does...and the heads up from you saved me considerable grief

Trust...

well, that goes hand in hand with so many other things that happen to be going on in your life at the time.

I think most of us have all learned the hard way about trust...in that we have all said and done things that we probably should not have, and then we sit back and go...wow, what was I thinking....????

Trust is something that belongs to one and one alone, and that would be God...whatever it is that you think he is these days. You can endeavor to trust people, but you will always be disappointed at some point by them.

Dont trust me, my actions and my words will not always jive...its called being a human being. Now, if I tell you something and you immedicately go on your PM or IM and talk about me behind my back, you were never worth trusting to begin with. Doesnt make you a bad person, or me one, just that you are not probably the most trustworthy person in the whole world. No sweat off my A__. I still will listen to things you say, wont ignore you out of fear and will not ever shut up about the things that I believe in...so, I tend to agree alot with Abigale, in that it really doesnt affect my life very much, either way. WE ALL breach that trust at times, but most of us...most of us, NEVER intentionally....but more on a human level where HELL...WE AINT PERFECT, type of stuff.

AGAIN...trust is probably directly coorilated to whatever you are going through in your life at the time.

EXAMPLES...your husband left you...therefore, you dont trust men very easily.

You were burned by The Way, so, therefore you dont trust most church groups very easily.

You have self esteem issues, therefore, you dont trust that people are being honest with you when they tell you good things about yourself.

You have a cheating spouse, therefore you think everyone is cheating with your spouce.

You have a friend that dumped you, therefore why make any new friends...

You have someone who stole from you, therefore you lock up everything you own like a drum because all people have the potential of stealing from you....

THATS what I mean by whatever is going on in your life at the time.

So, trust has to be earned...but if you think people will never betray your trust...think again. THE REAL QUESTION is was it intentional....or was it not.