Weenie Roast 2006

bowtwi

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like! And it's only about a 10-12 hour drive from us...and if we go with one of the larger cabins with you all...like #20 or something...we can certainly afford to do this.

We wanted to come last year and things didn't work out. This year things might possibly work out. :D

Oh...and maybe renting a vehicle for several of us to go together...? That would certainly help financially. Wouldn't it?

CONSIDERING...

that I am somewhat new to this venue, is this roast for anyone who would like to go? Or is there like a select group of people that just go every year...sort of like The Rock of Ages or Corps week? Is it a time for all people who go to let their differences in here fall away, or it it one of those things....like...oh my god....so and so is coming, and not sure I want to go anymore?

JUST curious....

Got 'em!

Suda and I will be staying in cabin 14 Friday and Saturday night Aug. 11 & 12. I wouldn't do the online reservations if I were you, folks. Its not really set up for it and its not confirmed. Call 'em up at 859-236-4286. We're looking forward to it!

sudo (who's going to have to dust off that stew recipe)

Yeah, Sudo - it's a done deal. The princess and I will be in cabin 30, which I'm told is right near you and Suda! They started to give me cabin 12-1/2, which sleeps 10, but I decided a 4-banger was more our style. I called, based on your advice. It went well.

We'll also bring our tent, which sleeps 6 according to the manufacturer. The two of us slept real well in it last month. I figure maybe 2 others would have been comfortable in there - it's not my idea of room for 6!

Oh yeah, we'll be there for some of that stew - we missed it a few years back...

Bowtwi,

I'll tell you what tipped me off when I called.. the "lady" I was talking to... and I have to use that term in the broadest sense because I'd BET she was no older than Annie... asked me if I wouldn't *mind* mailing them a deposit!! I asked if a credit card was OK and it was but good golly! What kind of outfit are these guys running when its not set in stone how reservations are to be handled? BUT!! It looks like a really great place to get together!!

sudo

Yeah, everybody seems so young these days, I'm noticing it more and more. I bet we had similar conversations reserving cabins. She seemed surprised that I wanted to pay for both nights and not just a deposit. It works easier for me this way - less to think about later.

So, for any who would like to reserve a cabin, but don't have it all to spare right now, they accept $50 deposits on cabins. I don't know how fast they fill up.

It really looks like a beautiful place. Annie and I can't wait. :wave:

Edited by bowtwi

Dmiller,

So.. does this mean you're coming to spend "quality" time with us?? Hmmm??

<center>sudo</center>

Sudo -- I would love to -- but I have a *conflict* that weekend.

I was thinking that the roast was going to happen in September,

rather than August. :(

I'm looking at traveling 850 miles (weenie roast) versus 125 miles (MBOTMA festival),

and though both will be a good time ---

I've volunteered at the MBOTMA festival, for about 10 years in a row now.

So it may come up to a *toss of the coin*.

Edited by dmiller

Pretty much pfdlight but it's fun anyway

I think one year we lost the kids, the next they got poison oak the year before that we were trying

to figure each other out

I think progress has been made

If I were you I'd take the plunge and grab a tent n hook up with yer fellow weenies and camp out fer a few days with your fellow weiners

Edited by herbiejuan

Belle,

In a line YOU should recognize... I'll cry into my pillow every night! Guess I'll have to make up my world famous better-than-sex stew one serving less. 'Tis a shame really.. we won't meet. Maybe we'll see each other at NEXT year's weenie roast after Ole Miss has beaten Miss. State like a bass drum THIS Fall! BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!

sudo

I am sad that I will not be able to attend this year. :(

I had even bought THE BEST weenie roaster for the gathering.

Dangit! ...and all these years I've been using that as a rake!

Thank you darling Belle for the edification this day!

Belle,

In a line YOU should recognize... I'll cry into my pillow every night! Guess I'll have to make up my world famous better-than-sex stew one serving less. 'Tis a shame really.. we won't meet. Maybe we'll see each other at NEXT year's weenie roast after Ole Miss has beaten Miss. State like a bass drum THIS Fall! BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!

<center>sudo</center>

do they play in Oxford this year?

Awwww, belle, I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to attend this year. But, all is not lost! I bet you could mail that handy dandy weenie roaster to Dr. and Mrs. Weeine, C/O the park, cabin #14, I believe it is. That or 30. LOL

Seriously, we'll miss your wit and warmth, both this coming weekend in Kansas City and next month at the Roast.

I'm still working on getting down to FL before fall - it may be Labor Day weekend before we can do it, but we can't let it go too much longer - that'd be a year since I've seen bow jr if we don't get there before Thanksgiving! That's unacceptable.

I figure you're having a great time with the family reunion circuit you've got going there - that's very cool! If you can't be with us, I'm glad you're with them!

xoxo :wave::dance::spy::wave: