GreaseSpot Cafe

Weenie Roast 2006

bowtwi

Bowtwi, Princess, and CoolWaters,

Sure wish we were with you at Rascal's abode. Part 2 of the roast sounds like as much fun as part 1!

We may have taken Suds, Jr. out of (home from) the weenie roast, but we can't take the weenie roast out of him! He fell in love with the Hawks and has adapted his own version of their "Ken-tuck hillbillie" accent. He loved that they were so honest, what he saw was what he got. He was so impressed that when it was dark, they didn't head inside to the bathroom, just found a place outside to whiz. He learned that trick, and practiced every night we were there.

He also enjoyed bonding with the Princess and her precious pup. And he thought the ladies from Kansas were funny, and loved their choice in music, and dancing. He was surprised you didn't have accents like the Hawks, though.

Sudo is back home from work and ferrying children while I've been doing the laundry. Hopefully he will get some pictures posted for us soon.

Give our love to Rascal and the Rascalettes!

Suda

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a DELIGHTFULL suprise!!! Lol I was so dissapointed that I missed the roast...sigh. I had to pretend all weekend that it really wasn`t going on without me.....sigh

I kept thinking right up untill the last moment that circumstances would change and i would be there.....sigh

Then Bow called and brightly announced that they were *bringin the roast to rascal*!!!

What delightfull people! I was delighted to see our wonderfull bow again...AND I got to meet the brilliant cool waters live and in person :)

It was a real treat....we talked and giggled ...ate the kansas strip steaks that had been intended for the weenie roast....mmmmmm they met rosey the crude cockatoo and nova the wonder colt.....along with the the dane and shepherds various cats, ducks, and tortose. Get this......the princess wanted to hear the song *amazing grace* ...so I told her that I thought that I remembered that one and got out my guitar which has not been been picked up much in the last few years....well I dug out an old sing along the way....and doggone it one song led to another....

lol we had so much fun singing old fellowship/way prod songs that I ended up missing (and I NEVER play hooky) my first karate class and was 30 miniutes late for the second one :rolleyes:

I never played much when in the ministry ...never felt good enough...If ANYBODY had tried to tell me that I would have so much fun playing and singing ...much less remember all of those goofy old songs....I`d a said they were NUTS!

ANYTHING twi tends to turn my stomache these days...rofl guess I am not such a hard butted cynic as I imagined myself to be...

CW and Bow heroically refrained from noticing the lack of a finely manicured lawn....the missing cieling tiles in the den and lack of floor tiles in the hall...the chipping paint....the rosey chewed window frames....the windows dirty from dog paw prints....lol They made me feel like my ramshackled old farm house was a palace.

They made my rambunctious youngsters seem like saints...they saw the ***** cat under the gruff exterior of the guest spouse...etc.

In other words they made me feel like the most fortunate woman on the planet.

Thanks girls, hope that your journey home is enjoyable, I am astonished and moved that you would add 10 or 12 hours on to yourall ready long trip in order to vist :)

Sudo and Suda, I hated missing a chance to meet up with you folks, My teens would have had a ball meeting yours and hawks kiddoes.

Hawk, maybe I can make a trip up to visit you n Corey...do you guys still ride? Will you let horse back riders join your mule rides?

Edited to add...i cannot believe that I couldn`t say poosey cat ...hee hee ..it never occured to me that it would be a bad word :rolleyes:

Edited by rascal

Ok I'm confused....again!

If Sudo is wearing the chef's hat, then who is that in his avatar? I always thought THAT was Sudo.

Now if that person in the avatar is someone famous -please don't ridicule me too much.

We're home!!! Just pulled in about 9:30 pm tonite after taking CW home. Woo wee! What a great time! The princess starts 5th grade Thursday of this week - lol - good thing we only have a little bit of shopping to finish!

I'll post what I can tomorrow and send the pics to Sudo for editing. LOL

Weenie Roasts ROCK!!!! :dance::wave:

Box, Princess, and Cool Waters,

Glad you are home, safe and sound. Get a good night's rest!

Doojable,

Sudo's avatar is about 4 years old, before he wore glasses most of the time, and during the short period he was sporting a beard and mustache. It's in his office that's why he's dressed in scrubs.

In the chef's hat, you see a more mature (well, at least an older), wiser (well, maybe!) version of him, sporting his casual look, complete with spectacular spectacles.

But rest assured, both are my hubby!

Suda

I will say THIS WAS ONE THE VERY BEST WEEKS OF MY LIFE!!!!!

Bowtwi is a friend extraordinaire! Her daughter is wunnerful!

MY GAWD the people I've met this week!!!!!!!!!!

The highlight of the weekend was Rascal and her brood. Wowsa!!!!!!!!!

This must have been the Kissing Roast. I do declare the goings on!!!!!!!!! :dance::evilshades::biglaugh:

It was GREAT to see Mr and Mrs Sudo together!!!! Their son is a hoot! His father's son and his mother's joy.

Littlehawk and his son were just plain old WUNNERFUL!

Well, I didn't have a camera with me so I have no pics to post. Sorry. I will say that Sudo and Bowtwi have blackmail pictures enough to keep me in line for eternity...

Sigh.

:biglaugh::dance::spy:

The floating cabins are pontoon boats?

No. The floating cabins are cabins on floats. They are on the opposite end of the campground we all were on. Don't know if anybody got any pics of them, though.

I circled the floating cabins in Sudo's pic:

wr700.jpg

Here's CW, the princess, Scamps and bowtwi at CW's after arriving home from our 5 day most excellent adventure. What a great co-pilot CW is! She never once fell asleep on me! The only one time she wasn't on top of our exact location on the interstate was when she was busily removing junk out of my cell phone and putting the stuff I want in there in it - and it was all good cause I knew exactly where we were and how to get to St. Louis from East St. Louis. LOL

Oh, and let me tell you, the woman has rhythm!!! What a chair dancer! We enjoyed a lot of the same music and indulged in Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show, Eric Clapton, Cat Stevens, John Lennon, Steve Austin and some others as well as the main performer of the trip, John Hartford!!!

I was extremely impressed with Corey Hawk's taste in music! And to watch Nathan dance was a sight for sore eyes! What great kids!

We left CW's Friday and returned last night. Lots of miles, laughs, hugs, some tears - oh man, I'd do it again anytime!

School starts here tomorrow so I have lots going on today - will send the pics to Sudo as soon as he sends me the proper email addy to send them to. HINT HINT :wave:

post-305-1155749858_thumb.jpg

Exactly, you got it! I was thinking it would be tough to communicate it very well - it seems such a "you had to be there" deal, but you've understood completely! Whew, close one!

I even got to play a whole bunch of John Prine on the way home - such good company!

I forget where it was, but $3.19 a gallon was the highest I paid. I forgot what the lowest was.

Coolchef,

And what was your excuse this time? <_ . we be looking for your face next year. are you up to a stew or chilli cook off perchance my and hawk against dish du jour hmmmm src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_biglaugh.gif" alt=":biglaugh:">

And especially for my favorite Linda Z... more pics... this time the kissing bandit!!

wr14.jpg

wr15.jpg

wr16.jpg

sudo

P.S. And finally... sudo rebuffed by the princess :nono5:

wr17.jpg