GreaseSpot Cafe

boundary jumpers

Abigail

I had the most incredibly rude thing happen to me this morning. I was shopping at Walmart with Sushi and Aaron. Sushi had gone his own way for a time and wasn't with us (I'm sure if he had been what happened wouldn't have occured).

A man looked at me and smiled, laughing a little, and approached us. At first I was confused, because his expression and approach were as if he knew me, but I sure as heck couldn't place him. Then, right there in front of my child he made a remark about the size of my breasts!

I was wearing a t-shirt with writing on the front and he asked why it was that women with large breasts worse shirts with writing on them, which only further draws attention to them. I was very embarassed to say the least. I don't wear shirts to draw attention - in fact in the past I used to wear very baggy close to try to hide them - but then I end up looking either fat or pregnant. Generally, for my everyday clothing for when I'm not at work, I simply buy what is cheap and comfortable, like a $5 t-shirt.

Sushi said if it ever happens again, I should say men with small penises shouldn't look at women with large breasts - lol.

What do you do when someone jumps your boundaries? I was totally flabbergast and un-prepared.

Sushi said if it ever happens again, I should say men with small penises shouldn't look at women with large breasts - lol.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Only someone like Sushi would come up with a snappy comeback like that!

Yeah, its kinda sad when you have brainless twits who apparently know no better than to act that way, ... and then think that they're really something because of it. <_<

I wonder which low class trailer park he was thrown out of?

I'm with Sushi on this. Although people like that know no shame, it is gratifying to humiliate them by pointing out their ignorance as kindly as possible.

Reminds me of a lady one day in the grocery store who stopped next to my cart to admire my baby girl. I had had her ears pierced and she was wearing little hoops and a very feminine little blue dress. This twit looks at my precious little girl and says, "Oh, look, he has an earring!" To which I replied as I steered my cart away, "Yes, he has one on the other side, too." What a loser! People like that are not worth getting upset over - they're a waste of adrenalin.

I would have asked him why clueless people feel they can judge people and make inappropriate comments in front of children. Then I would have told him that it wouldn't have made a difference whether your shirt had writing on it or not because perverted minds like his don't see the wording on the shirt.

What the heck! Abigail that is ridiculous! Man, I wish I would have visited YOU today!

Although it’s ‘easy’ to say ‘what I’d do’ while sitting back after the fact… I KNOW I would have gotten VERY LOUD…

How about this, something like that to DRAW attention to the MAN AND HIS ACTIONS…

:realmad:

“I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU JUST MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT THE SIZE OF MY BREASTS….

YOUR COMMENT MISTER WOULD BE CONSIDERED SEXUAL HARRASEMENT!

IS THERE SECURITY IN THIS STORE PLEASE?”

Loud & clear… besides RUNNING away from you, it would make him think twice before letting crap fly out of his mouth again…

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

When Kristopher was about a year old we were out grocery shopping. He was in that super-fat baby stage that they go through around that age. This woman was staring at him - just wide-eyed. I thought she was going to comment positively on him, as we always got comments about how cute he was, etc., but instead she says,

"I've never seen anything like THAT before!" And she said it in a disgusted tone.

My reply: "You should get out more often." And I wheeled off to the next item.

Here in NH, you wouldn't dare comment to a woman like that what that fart knocker did to you. Around here they'd get met with a comment like, "Whatareyou? Retarded?"

So, blow it off and have a good, basic one-liner ready for next time.

I know exactly what I would have said and it is similar to geo's. I would just say F you and walk away. Not worth the time and effort for someone as dimwitted as him.

I was shopping and a guy tried to talk to me but all he stared at was my boobs. Nothing else. I didn't even have a face. Decided that the next time that happened I was going to stare at a guy's crotch to see how they like it. And darned if it hasn't happened yet..... :evildenk:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Only someone like Sushi would come up with a snappy comeback like that!

Bein from Soprano Land don't hoit. :dance:

"Believe it or not, some guys might actually do something like unzip if you stare like that. :redface: Ie., they'll actually think that you're interested."

I have to agree with Garth on this, Vickles, NOT a good move.

"And darned if it hasn't happened yet....."

On a similar note, I have yet to run into any religious zealots since getting out of the evil empire, so's I can mess with 'em. I don't go looking for them, but if they will just show up at my door, I WILL try to put that 'still, small' doubt in their heads (depending on if I have the time or not) :biglaugh: .

My reply would have been something like this:

Me: "Oh! You like? (giggle, giggle, wink, wink)"

He: "Yeah! (drool, slobber, pant):

Me: "What's your name, big boy?"

He: "I'm Dick. Hehe."

Me: "Well, as you can see, Dick, I am a parent. I am a very concerned and protective parent. There are a whole group of us concerned and protective parents in this community. We've been very concerned about how to protect our children while shopping. One of the most problematic situations when trying to protect our children is identifying the creeps and pervs before they have a chance at our children. You just proved that my soultion works quite well. Now, Dick, I have you ID'd and on the list. Thank you and enjoy your future shopping experiences here. We'll be watching you."

BTW...

Yes, I've practiced this over and over again...and even used it once. :biglaugh:

Maybe you and Sushi should sit down and come up with some snappy one liners (Sushi's good at that) to use in the event of various situations, and practice them.

Ya just never know...that guy may have been from some teevee show and because you didn't come up with some entertaining comeback, you missed your chance for your fifteen minutes of fame.

Ya just never know.

So I am wondering what was the saying on your shirt....not that that has anything to do with the situation, I just have to wonder if the guy was able to read.

Did the guy actually read the words on your shirt or did he just acknowledge that there were letters assembled on your shirt?

Being a very curious person, I always seem to ask questions about behaviors or comments. I would wonder if the guy could read or if he understood what the words on the shirt meant.

Maybe you could have helped him sound out the words or direct him to the location of the dictionaries in the store so he could look up the meaning of the words.

Or maybe you could have asked him if he'd wait right there so you could introduce him to your husband who could instruct him on how to properly treat women who shop at Walmart.

The guy's objective seemed to be that he was trying to embarass or humiliate you. You had nothing to be be emabarrassed or humiliated about. He was the one that should be embarrassed or humiliated by his actions. My curiousity would be what makes him so miserable and feeling so inadequate that he would verbally assault a woman and her child in a public place.

Maybe you and Sushi should sit down and come up with some snappy one liners (Sushi's good at that) to use in the event of various situations, and practice them.

Ya just never know...that guy may have been from some teevee show and because you didn't come up with some entertaining comeback, you missed your chance for your fifteen minutes of fame.

Ya just never know.

What an idea! We could make T-shirts...and sell them to Abi...see if the one liners are successful...

:dance::evilshades::spy:

Good one, Wayfernut!

Reminds me of a former Joyful Noise personality who was known for walking up behind women in the OSC office where he worked and pinching their butts. He usually only repeated on women from whom he got a reaction - if you just gave him a "f you" stare, he usually didn't try again. One woman I worked with, I'll call her Jane, got very upset when he pinched her, and came to me asking what she should do. I told her he did it to everyone, and if you ignored him he'd quit, but she said she was too upset to just ignore him. I asked if she had asked him not to do it, and she said that she had,but he still did it. So I told her she apparently had not his attention first, and that she should grab him by the b***s, look him right in the eyes and say, "Please don't do that again." I assured her he would not forget.

A couple of years later I was working in the same office with this perp, and I noticed he no longer pinched women's butts, so I asked him if anyone had ever walked up to him and grabbed his b***s and told him to not pinch her butt. He said, "Oh, you mean Sue?" Anyway, he finally did get the message

I asked if she had asked him not to do it, and she said that she had,but he still did it. So I told her she apparently had not his attention first, and that she should grab him by the b***s, look him right in the eyes and say, "Please don't do that again." I assured her he would not forget.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

There are so many ways to respond to that offense.

I was with a guy in the Army at a store years ago. He was feeling brash and bold and went up to a woman and made a similar observation. She looked him dead in eye and winced her face and slowly said, "DAMN! ! ! Your'e SO UGLY! ! !" and turned on her heels and walked away.

I knew another woman who promptly responded with, "My husband would kill you where you stand if he knew you offended me like this".

Personal favorites:

I bet you'd say that to your own daughter, wouldn't you?

Your family must be sooooo proud of you.

If you had any manners, you would probably have friends.

Of course, you must turn on your heels and march away like he had no effect on you and you are to good for him.

I had 3 sisters growing up. I would not stand for these kind of guys at all. Lots of fights growing up. :realmad: