GreaseSpot Cafe

House, Out of Practice, 24, Joey and the 4400

Dot Matrix

"HOUSE" Anyone else watch this? At first, I thought I hate this caustic man! But now, I can't wait to watch him figure things out.

"Out of Practice" seemed to really have something. A second season probably would have fine tuned the humor. But CBS sent it packing. Anyone else like it.

"24" - I NEVER miss it. Like going to the movies each Monday. I wonder if it will be mostly a China set this fall and get out of the CTU background. They killed off Tony, Michelle, Edgar and the President! Thank God Chloe is still around -- boy nobody is safe in that cast.

"Joey" --- shame, it really sucked

"4400" Anyone else as wrapped up in the 4400 as I am? My God I cannot believe they killed Lilly off. I read the actresses "people" fought with the series "people" and she will NOT be returning.

If Mia really is gone I will be bummed.

I guess I should have put this in the movie section -- feel free to move it guys. :dance:

Edited by Dot Matrix

I LOVE House!!!!!!!!!!! I also love Gordon Ramsey (Hell's Kitchen) and Simon Cowell (American Idol). Maybe I just have some sort of personality disorder...

Anyway, hubs turned me on to House when it first came out. A co-worker of his told him about the show. We're addicts! LOL

4400...I got bored with it right off the bat.

24...intense...but more intense than necessary, imo.

Joey...I got bored quickly.

Out of Practice...haven't seen.

Oh, Dot - - I started on House right from the beginning and I love the show! When you work in corporate America, you develop a very jaded view of the world, so he says the things I can't get away with.

Now, though, it's on the same time as Boston Legal and as much as I'm not a William Shatner fan, I LOVE his character and James Spader - - OMG - - he is deliciously carnal. I absolutely cannot miss the last 5 minutes of brandy, cigar smoking and their wrap up. The BEST on T.V. imho. Oh, yeah. I was shocked when Candace Bergen joined the cast, but oh, haven't they given her some great scripts! Yummy like reading trashy novels when I travel and can shut out the business for a good dose of humanity spun well for entertainment :)

And my other trashy fav is Gray's Anatomy - - only cuz Dr. McDreamy (in real life) is an Indy car owner and I have to support the local economy!!!! Great writing. My entire young staff at work is hooked on Desperate Housewives and Gray's Anatomy, so we have to open all of our Monday staff meetings with the review or fill in if one of us missed something. What a hoot! :biglaugh:

J.

"HOUSE" Anyone else watch this? At first, I thought I hate this caustic man! But now, I can't wait to watch him figure things out.

"4400" Anyone else as wrapped up in the 4400 as I am? My God I cannot believe they killed Lilly off. I read the actresses "people" fought with the series "people" and she will NOT be returning.

If Mia really is gone I will be bummed.

I've watched "House" from the begining too. Can you believe how they ended the season, with most everything a hallucination?

I'm also hooked on "The 4400". I read that the reason that they killed off Lilly was because of a business decision not to renew her contract. When the season was first written, it was with her in it. What do you think of what's happening to Maia? You don't think that they're going to get rid of her too, do you? I like her character. I believe that she's important to the show (then again, I thought the same of Lilly).

For those of you who like Hugh Laurie on "House", you might get a kick out of where he got his start. He starred in the last two Blackadder series on the BBC, Blackadder the Third and Blackadder Goes Forth along with Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean). Both are now available on DVD, and on August 22nd, two seasons of his sketch comedy show, A Bit Of Fry & Laurie, will become available on DVD in the States. Hugh and comedy partner Stephen Fry did a great job on the show, and only low circulation in the US kept it from being as well-known as Fawlty Towers or Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Soupy twist,

Zix

WG-no, Jack never has a good day. He apparently also nevers eats or goes to the bathroom, either. What a guy!

I got into 24 when it came out on DVD-now I can't wait for the next season to start.

I'm just recently catching up on House-and yeah, while he is a smarmy human (and also very sad and lonely), I love a mystery story and enjoy seeing how they connect the dots.

Anybody watch "The Closer" with Krya Sedwick? Caught up on the first season and am enjoying season two (Monday nights). Little lady with a big purse and a very Southern accent running a squad of detectives and trying to earn their respect while-what a combo!