GreaseSpot Cafe

Name the Big Black Dog

Nottawayfer

Our dog "Baby" we got as a pup. We called her Bandit. However, whenever we called one another "Baby." She would respond.

Like, "Hey Baby, do you want some pizza?" The dog would respond.

So, she did tell us her name.

Simba is also a cute name.

Maverick

Clyde

The WORST name at the clinic right now is

Fizglug -- geez

The cutest name for a pug was "snort"

I think when you find a dog sometimes you end up with a name similar to what he had before. We got this dog from some people who found him wondering around at a campsite in the Hualapai Mountains. The Rangers told them that if they didn't take him home, they would take him to the animal shelter. Our shelter has a 68% euthenasia rate, and I didn't want to see this poor dog put down just because nobody wanted him. I have no history on him or his life before yesterday.

I remember when I was a kid we had a dog that used to come and visit us for a few weeks and leave. Then he would come back again. We called him "Puppy". One day Puppy was walking with us to the corner store and a guy passing by us said "Peppy!!!" The dog was happy to see him. It was his dog. He said he had been disappearing. We told him the dog had come to visit us for a few weeks at a time. I guess this dog liked having two homes. We didn't see him after that. It was kind of ironic that we called him something similar to his name.

I keep trying to call this big black lab a few things to see if it catches his attention. Nothing yet so far. We are leaning toward Shaq because he is big and black. :)

We've been calling the dog Shaq. It seems to be catching on.

We have a dear friend of my husband's family who recently had to put down his dog a few weeks back. This man is a cancer survivor and never married. His dog was his closest companion. He's been pretty hurt over losing his dog (a chocolate lab my husband gave him 5 years ago). He came over to our house today and played with Shaq. He was in love and so was Shaq. So we let him have Shaq. I feel really good about this because two souls got to become companions and add something to each other's life. He thinks he will keep the name Shaq. He kept saying "Darn, he is soooo big!!!!" Shaq won his heart. They will be great buddies. Because of our friend's cancer, he is on disability and will be home all day to spoil Shaq. He has a swimming pool. His last dog had run of the house. She would swim in the pool and then shake off in the house. This man loves dogs. I think Shaq came in to our lives for a reason.

aaw

that is nice you gave away your new dog to a friend who needs him more .

Will you get another?

a dog could not find a better home than you .

a grey hound is a nice dog wafer not

many In NYCity own them . because they make a fine pet for small apartments or a person who has little space.

they do not like to excersize and require very little walking and play time.

My friend takes in some that are retired from the track here he describes them as cats in a dogs body. He has 8 of them .

I know I know many think a grey hound must need to run no they do not they are a lazy dog with little needs , esp if you get one retired out of the track they are really nice . and cute and they do not shed much.

I always wanted one myself .

you did a nice thing wafer not and the next dog that comes home with you will love you so much IM sure.

I have a friend here in Juneau who has done took an went and named his big black lab: "Spaz". Cracks me up everytime I see that dog. I just love saying; "How ya doin Spaz"?

But, you could name your big black dog either "Rhino" or, "Salty". But then again, you could name him "Larry........"

Our friend called today to tell us how happy he was to have the Big Black Lab and that he named him Angus. Angus has been swimming in the pool, and our friend is so thrilled about having him that he has called all over the country to his family and friends to tell them about his new dog. :)

Our friend called today to tell us how happy he was to have the Big Black Lab and that he named him Angus. Angus has been swimming in the pool, and our friend is so thrilled about having him that he has called all over the country to his family and friends to tell them about his new dog. :)

:B) :B) :B)