GreaseSpot Cafe

Arizona get-together

Zshot

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all are going to have a good time! I remember the grilled chicken pizza being very good.

Uhot, I've been to the Grand Canyon (what a place to watch a sunrise!) but not the other places you mentioned. Have you ever hiked in Bear Canyon to Seven Falls in the Tucson area? Beautiful! If you all go to the Oreganos in Flag you'll have cool weather and good food. The one in Flag has a nice covered patio area.

OhshucksI'mnotinArizonabutamhopingtoreturnoneday icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

OUTin88,

The one in Tempe has a covered patio, and they have gone one better than the misting systems for the coming warm season... they have three evap coolers in place to blow nice cool air on folks. Probably similar or same in Tucson.

Besides being closer for Z, Tucson is closer to nice (and COOL) places like Patagonia Lake State Park, Sonoita Creek preserve and lovely places to watch lots of birds, for example, Ramsey Canyon, which is closer to Sierra Vista, is the BEST place to check out hummingbirds.

Simon has brought up a good point.

We don't have to wear name tags and chairs don't need to be strung.

The Tucson area would be easier for Karmicdebt and myself.

This sounds like it's going to be fun icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

hey...tempe sounds good to me...heehee icon_smile.gif:)-->

italian food....hmmm... being a 2nd generation italian and having been raised by my italian grandparents, i must say i am pretty picky about my italian food...ain't nothing that compares to grandma's. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> are you sure this oreganos place is good? might i suggest riazzi's? those cooks come from italy. i also hear mancuso's is good....but i have never been there.

then again...we could all meet at my place and my mom and i could cook the real stuff. icon_wink.gif;)--> only kidding, i could never get my mom to agree to all that cooking....of course, depends on how many people we are talking about. now, grandma, she would have cooked for an army...heehee..

anyway, i am interested in this az get-together.

my last final exam for this semester was last night but i am taking 2 summer classes...so weekends or fridays are better for me. i think i can make july 12th.

hey, where is weout? they live around these parts, too. gotta have weout there...xo

Cannoli's, hey now your talkin! One of my favorite deserts!!!

I'm game Tucson area. Patagonia Lake State Park sounds like a cool spot!

Just name the place and the time and I'll try and get there with the wife.

July 12th would work for me.

Simon,

I wish I was smart enough to figure out how to put up a poll here.

Anybody, HELP!!!!

I should mention that Karmicdebt is a fantastic cook and a wonderfull hostess.

Z...you are too kind, but it's true! icon_wink.gif;)-->

You are as well and I'd count on you to work your kitchen magic! Honestly, though, I do have plenty of room and would love to host a get together...My community has a couple of pools, but the shade trees are too small to provide shade....

Scuse the interruption from the peanut gallery . . .

To start a poll, it's reaaaaallllly easy.

Go to the top of the screen, and at the top you see the GreaseSpot Cafe banner, then you see the "Resources etc" drop down list, a couple of lines lower you see "Chat room", the "www.gscafe.com".

The first blue bar starts out with "New". Click on that, then click "Poll".

Then just type away.

That's it.

Really.

Back to your regularly scheduled program . . .

sir yes sir, simplesimon, i didn't mean it, please don't yell at me . . .

Hey, waitaminnit! Be fruitful, and multiply - but not in those words!

Hey, you got time to lean, you got time to clean! er, if you've got time to post, you've got time to post a poll!

Don't use "lack of knowledge" as an excuse!

Let me ask a question...

Does anybody have a problem with meeting at Karmicdebt's house (southern Tucson) on 12 July 2003?

I myself like the idea. I think it will be a good place to just chat for awhile.

I myself am looking forward to meeting all of you more than a "lunch" someplace.

perhaps the lack of response is because it seemed to be asking to hear from those who do have a problem with it...

however, it might be nice to acknowledge, as Outin88 did, that it is a good plan.

so, at this point, it sounds good to me.