GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI VS Doug McMullan

Radar OReilly

Shellon, hi :) I can certainly understand why you made that choice due to the gypsy lifestyle that we all led, as you stated. Also, since you were still "in." Why not? Probably seemed like the perfect choice at the time. Plus, he loved the way woods.

Your decision not to get involved in a case you couldn't win...seems wise, imo. I'm not a grave-visiter, myself, so I can see why you wouldn't be upset about that aspect of it. But, I certainly support anyone who wants to visit their loved ones' graves.

Shellon (((Hugs)) to you and your girls... How very difficult life can be sometimes. Some may not understand the girls need to visit their fathers grave but it is about connection to this person you loved and lost and when you are a child that becomes a place where you can get connect to him(the grave site) and a place to grieve. I think the tree is a wonderful idea. I still go when I can to my fathers grave. It is comforting. I know it is just his bones there.. and that his spirit and soul are else where but it is all I have of him. SO yes I understand. Even if they were little and didn't know him very much yet it becomes a symbol in their heart of him. The tree is a truly wonderful idea.

Thank you, Twinky and Waterbuffalo (nice to see you ~!) it has been a beautiful thing for my girls. Samantha was 15 and Kelly 23 months when their father died and so having a memorial tree is important, yes. We've kicked around different ideas as to marking it, a rock, something but we also rent our home so for that reason we've kept it simply a little tree growing in our yard.

We do need a place to go and do as we feel comforts us or provides us solice, yes.

We were also given a gravesite at a local cemetary. We'll see what we end up doing as time goes.

The daddy tree is a place where beloved pets have been buried, flowers have been planted, stories have been told. It's been run over by a snowplow, squashed by a pickup, run over by a lawnmower twice and yet it lives and grows.

:)

I struggle with our situation; the girls not having something in the world that says their father lived and died, but I also understand that it's not his death that did so much to their lives as it was his life.

Edited by Shellon
  • Upvote 3

Wouldn't they view visiting grave sites as a form of worshiping the dead? The dead are dead, wash your face and move on?

It's hard to say how twi would view the practice of visiting graves...Old Vic made a point of being buried where people would come and visit...under a fountain for crying out loud...Twi should have the decency to respect other people's beliefs and pratices...if a grave site should not be visited, why is it even there? Why place a grave marker with words written on it if it is not to be read?...

Memorializing and paying respect is a common practice amoung civilized people. Any so-called Christian organization should at the very least, acknowledge that and accomidate those who come to visit graves...otherwise, they are petty and offensive...just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

It's hard to say how twi would view the practice of visiting graves...Old Vic made a point of being buried where people would come and visit...under a fountain for crying out loud...Twi should have the decency to respect other people's beliefs and pratices...if a grave site should not be visited, why is it even there? Why place a grave marker with words written on it if it is not to be read?...

Memorializing and paying respect is a common practice amoung civilized people. Any so-called Christian organization should at the very least, acknowledge that and accomidate those who come to visit graves...otherwise, they are petty and offensive...just my opinion.

vpw&co. would be exceptions because he/they are the ones being worshipped (although nobody would ever admit to that). When were other folks buried? During vpw's reighn or lcm's? I don't know if any others other than BOT/BOD have been buried on grounds since vpw?

Didn't twi (at least in the 90s) want to be offensive? Only the could see "through the glass more clearly". Followers always got a kick out of shocking others with "the truth". (And do they call themselves Christian nowadays?)