GreaseSpot Cafe

Fair Time

OnionEater

You're on!

I love 'em with vinegar - that's proof that someone is a real Maine-ah - no where else will you see someone put vinegar on their fries! LOL!

We bought a car recently from someone in Fryeburg and have been busy restoring it. We should have it on the road by then and want to take it by to show it to him - we'll make a day of it!

When is your b-day? I'm also an October baby, baby.

Chas said:

I love 'em with vinegar - that's proof that someone is a real Maine-ah - no where else will you see someone put vinegar on their fries!

Au contraire, mon Chas. We sure do eat fries with vinegar here in Northern Ohio. Yum yum! Certainly at all our fairs, and even at one fast-food place in town.

I wish Maine weren't so far away. The fairs and food up there sound like great fun, not to mention the wonderful GSers who live in that neck of the woods.

did anyone say harmond's fried clams or dough boys!

shaze let's set a date so my wife can put in for the day off

the only thing wrong with the fryburg fair is that it is too big for me and they don't have a beer tent! but it is nice.

lots of livestock :beer:

10/3 might be do-able - it's a Tuesday, and Kristopher has school, but he's out by 2:45PM and we're only about 90 mins away. Hubby wouldn't be able to make it, due to work, but he's not as into fairs and all that as I am... (read: the country girl married a city slicker), so I don't think he'll mind.

For me, with the young 'uns, it all depends on the weather. If it's not freezin' cold and rainin' - we'll be there.

I also don't go to these things on weekends - especially during the evening hours - with the kids, because it's just too nuts - no thanks!

Maybe we should also pick a rain date - a Sunday would work for me.... how about y'all?

dmiller - you gotta try it - and with cider vinegar - not that white stuff. Then, adds tons of salt and maybe some ketchup (I can skip the rotten tomato sauce, but the kids love it...) It's awesome!

LindaZ - I didn't know that about Ohio, but then again, I don't think that I ever went to anything other than a ROA in OH! LOL!

Chef

Mrs. probably won't be there. I have difficulty walking and it is a long ride for just a short stay for her. I don't mind, at least I get out a little. About 1 - 2 hours is all I can take, with a number of sit downs for french fries and onion rings.

Edited by OnionEater