GreaseSpot Cafe

Calling all vitims of spiritual abuse

pinklady

I wrote my story yesterday called A Mothers Pain. I am a vitim of spiritual abuse. I know I am not alone,so I am calling on others to share their stories and bann togeather to support and stop this. I was in a splinter group and they did youth camps, they took total control of my kids and others. They are mean and work them to death! I have 4 kids, I got 2 out and 2 are brainwashed against me. I have not seen them in over 3 years.

I have started a investigation because one of my kids was abused and I have contacted the media. We need to stop this destruction and poisoning of the christian families, God's word says to honor Mother and Father not leaders. They say to the youth that the older believers have lost the word!! I think the word talks about wisdom as we get older!! Why do they think they are exempt??

What do you think about this new movement with the youth? They prey on the young because they want worship and power, after all us older grads ask way too many questions. Our leader said he does not like teaching to older grads he would rather teach the youth!! I thought you were to feed the whole flock!!

Agreeing with Linda about moving this to "About the Way."

Pink Lady,

Would you like to name the splinter group in question here. Perhaps you have some vital information that may help others with their decision to join or to fellowship with this group or not.

Peace,

Robin

Edited by oenophile

Welcome, Pink Lady!

May I offer you some coffee and a danish?

"The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse" is a book that helped me tremendously! I must have bought and given out ten copies in the past five years. Sadly, most of the folks I gave those copies to are still involved with TWI. :( Oh well, that's the path they've chosen....

It's worse when it comes to children and it makes me furious how TWI and I suppose the offshoots come between parents and their children. I remember craiggers yelling ferociously about how the Bible says to "obey your parents in the lord" and so, if your parents aren't "in the lord" according to TWIt doctrine, you weren't obligated to obey them. Talk about teaching kids to be obstinate and disobedient!! :realmad:

I hope you have a great, positive outcome for your actions! It's very admirable that you're fighting for them and doing whatever it takes. :eusa_clap:

Pink Lady, so sorry to hear about what has happened to you.

"The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse" (which Belle recommends) is very helpful and healing. Also read in the editorial section of GSC for a similar but much shorter treatise.

Another book that has given me great (rueful) giggles lately is a version of the Bible called "The Message" which a friend of mine has lent me. It's in "plain English" so an easy read (not a serious "study" Bible) but there are times that I sit and read it and it's just like a peek into TWI and a warning to us about what was going on there. Really, I kid not - I mean, you wouldn't exactly think of Romans as a comedy show, would you?? :biglaugh:

Might help you, but maybe you need eyes to see before you understand and the kids might not read it anyway as it's not good old-fashioned KJV.

Stick around, Pink Lady, you'll get a lot of healing and support here.

Edited by Twinky

Hi Pink Lady. They suck! They are nothing but self righteous jerks in my opinion. I know several of them. And I was in the Corps with CG. And I know you and your husband. He is simply wrong. He can read all the bible he wants and refuse to believe the sex stuff went on in TWI among top leaders but it did. Much of it on the motorcoach. And who drove that coach for years??? I'll let others comment, some probably know names and incidents. I hope they tell their stories. Maybe one day your husband will end his denial about it.

This goes to show you the true colors of some of those Geerite spin offs. They seem all nice, etc. But when it really comes down to it. They are nothing but a CULT in my opinion. Your husband needs his head examined. The kids do too, but kids are vulnerable.

Why is not this Florida group DEMANDING that the children make contact with their mother and stay in contact with her? You are not a drug addict, alchoholic, or even abusive in any way, shape or form! You have been nothing but a good mom all these years. That is cult like behavior if I have ever seen it. Maybe you should take your story to "News Channel 8" or how about "8 on Your Side". The media around here just might like this new twist on helping a citizen who has been shunned by her own family...and for what???

In my opinion the Geerites are nothing more that a similar version of TWI II, the most legalistic and sickening version of Christianity you could find anywhere. For example, we know of two daughters who did not even go to their own fathers funeral because he was no longer in TWI and they were. HE was a good man. Later when they left TWI too, they were heartbroken by what they did and that they did not join him at his bedside when he was dying. It's been said many times on here and I'll repeat it. CG and his franchisees should join up with TWI. They are very similar in nature and behavior.

Why are they so reclusive? What have they got to hide? Where is their Intenet presence? Where is the fruit of ther work? Where are any of the new people who have actually joined and stayed with this group? Are not most of them ex-TWI? How original!! Heck even the Scientologist Headquarters here in Tampa Bay has a website. Parents be suspicious of any group that does not have a website and a CONTACT US section with phone numbers!

There is so much more. Be glad you are gone. You are MUCH better off indeed. See you soon. We love you.

"And I was in the Corps with CG. And I know you and your husband. He is simply wrong. He can read all the bible he wants and refuse to believe the sex stuff went on in TWI among top leaders but it did. Much of it on the motorcoach. And who drove that coach for years??"

WAIT

OMG

HE denies it?

HE knew full well.

HE would hold the door and let the girls in and guard the door outside.

He KNEW. He facilitated things

GEEZ

Come on guys, someone here knew he SHARED his wife... Cause you told me...

No what I meant to convey is that PinkLady's husband is in denial that ANY of the sex stuff took place. He just refuses to hear it and he will never come on here to read more. Pinklady can concur.

As for CG.... :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I'm sure he denies it too.

Maybe a "magical snowstorm" blinded his eyes from ever seeing it. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Dictionary definition for your consideration:

Facilitator

one that facilitates; especially : one that helps to bring about an outcome by providing indirect or unobtrusive assistance, guidance, or supervision

Oh, I'm sorry, they do have an Internet presence :biglaugh::biglaugh: :

First hit on Google:

Piracy

Second hit on Google:

Info about CG

Thanks everyone for all your support. It means alot to me right now. I am in for a huge fight and God is with me. Thanks John for your support. I wish my husband could have opened his eyes and mabe I would still have my children. This is so wrong and we need to bann togeather to fight for what is right!! God forbid another mother should feel this kind of pain. The community needs to know about his splinter group in Tampa Fl., Pat P. runs it.

Pink Lady, when God says he will never leave you or forsake you, he means:

HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU.

or alternatively

HE WILL NEVER EVER LEAVE YOU NOR EVER FORSAKE YOU. EVER.

And no matter what any group, cult, organization or individual tells you, they don't have the right to tell you otherwise. Can I say it again? GOD WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU.

Make a bold stand. And there is a lot of support to be had here at the GSC.

i agree. as i said in chat. you have to keep the authorities involved. when it comes down to it, in this situation, they don't care about splinter groups. i'm not sure what you mean about he admitted being involved with pat p. or geer.

the important thing is you take care of yourself and let the authorities know

good luck dear

and i'm really really sorry to say this, but does your 11 year old have to be so closely involved as your protector ? i'm only asking because of my own son his age. i would want to shield him from most adult nasty situations. i'm not explaining this right. i apologize deeply

Concerning my 11 yr old, I have sheilded him from these way corps monsters, After pat P. abused him I had to stop my husband from forcing him to go spend the night!!! I have been sheilding him from day one without my husbands help. I had to pick him up from school early, fearing my husband would try to get him. He saw the bruises and went with me to the courthouse and the woman there instruscted him on how to take pictures. He does not trust his father and you should not make thease statements without knowing all the facts. He has lived with this nightmare for 5 years, I saved 2 of my kids so please think before you say things you have not lived. If his father had sheilded me and his kids we would not be in this situation. Think about that!!!!

Pinklady, I'm very sorry for what you're going through.

I'd like to offer a bit of advice, and of course it's up to you whether you want to take it. I don't know you or any of the people involved, so I could be off-base here.

I know you're angry and hurt about your husband's misplaced loyalties and about the "leader" of this group's behavior and everything else you've been through. I certainly would be, too, if I were in your shoes. But please don't let your anger and hurt cause you to do and say things that will only bring you more of the same.

If you're going to protect yourself and your children, you're going to need to "fight smart." By that I mean watch what you say and to whom you say it. By posting personal details in a public forum, you've identified yourself to anyone out there who knows your situation. This could, feasibly, interfere with your ability to take legal action, and it could certainly inflame the situation if the people you're accusing/fighting with are reading your posts.

So my advice is simple: Keep your personal details personal, not public. Don't tell what you're doing/going to do in a public forum. Any accusations of crimes you need to make shouldn't be made in a public forum, either, but to the police. By making those accusations here, you could get yourself, and possibly the owner of this Web site, in legal hot water.

I don't blame you at all for crying out in anger and pain. All I'm saying is be wise about what you say for all the world to see.

Pinklady and all who have shared here ...

This thread feels like there was something else that preceeded it. But I think I get the general picture.

My heart goes out to you, because I lost a (young adult) daughter to TWI a few years ago, under similar circumstances. They told her that her parents were to be marked and avoided, and she obeyed completely. It felt like she had died. Phone calls were screened and never returned. Packages were sent back. No visits. It was such a heart-breaker, a nightmare.

Now ... let me give you a little hope. After writing and re-writing a letter to her, explaining as clearly as I could what had actually occurred, I finally sent it (with a prayer), and she did read it, and she did call us. It took a year of working that letter, before I actually sent it. And two years of hopelessness before that. When she finally called, having been away from us for three years, I couldn't even speak to her without weeping. The reconciliation was not whole or immediate - it has taken a few more years to process the healing, but it is happening at last, and for that we are all grateful. She is still an active Way believer, but our connection now is healthy and open.

I just want to tell you, Pink Lady, that your children will someday remember that it is YOU who loved them from the very start, not some monstrous cult, and that they WILL come home to you. God bless you as you wait for that day.

-Xena

Thanks for sharing that. Right now it looks pretty impossible now that my husband has turned on me because she was very close to him growing up, hoiwever even when he left before she did not talk to him much. I have to have hope. I always pray for that day to come. I often think of all the time we lost and things we could have done, like shopping,ect. They talked her out of a full scholarship. I pray for that miracle to happen to me as well.