GreaseSpot Cafe

I Expect Them To Do The Word

Nottawayfer

I was reading the testimony of RFR on excultworld and one phrase popped out to me because it has meaning behind those words.

The plaintiff's attorney asked "Do you expect your state-level coordinators to tell the truth?"

She reponds: "I expect them to do the Word."

Doing the Word? What does that mean? Why didn't she just answer yes? Have you seen examples of "doing the Word" while in twi?

I ask because I've seen scenarios where people with legitimate questions who have taken their concerns to a higher level to get the real answers get turned away and then be marked as a trouble-maker. Is this the Word to protect the image of the ministry? Is this the truth?

We know that the BODs agenda is "the ministry cannot be blamed". The Word (whatever that is) is the only rule of believing and practice for them. Have you seen examples of twi leadership adding in whatever things they needed to make themselves look right? Didn't lcm do that in the believer's famly class when he announced to those who took that class by stating that the Word does not say premarital sex is a sin? Were extramarital affairs included in that? Was he covering up his own wrongs? That statement in that class sent shockwaves throughout my area. I didnt' take the first class in my Branch. I took the second. I wanted to hear Biblically how he got to that. It turned out to be a normal twisting of the scripture and then declaring it "The Word". Go out and have sex with whomever you want to because you are adult enough to decide who you want to have sex with. Our BC's wife declared to everyone to "go get laid." That's the Word????

I'm sure there are so many coverups which were twisted by Bible verses to make themselves feel righteous about their wrongs. Now that's what I would call Devilish... (I don't ususally use that term anymore, but I thought it fit.)

[Edited to correct spelling and grammar.]

Edited by Nottawayfer

Remember that Craig taught that it was okay to lie to protect the believers. He used the women in Egypt lying about the baby boys coming faster than they could get there for why all new baby boys weren't being killed as ordered. So rosie's type of "doing the word" is most likely the same, meaning it's okay to purjur one's self for the "best of the ministry."

I was reading the testimony of RFR on excultworld and one phrase popped out to me because it has meaning behind those words.

The plaintiff's attorney asked "Do you expect your state-level coordinators to tell the truth?"

She reponds: "I expect them to do the Word."

That would be equivalent to asking a general "Do you expect your troops to make proper moral choices?"

He responds: "I expect them to follow orders"

She avoided the question by using this very ambiguous term. "Doing the word" in twi...that means that you follow company policies. Having sex outside of marriage, lying to cover your arse and using and abusing people has been justified with this rationalization. "That the ministry be not blamed", means to avoid doing the wrong thing so that it does not reflect on the ministry...it does not mean to lie so that you can avoid blame for the wrong you have done.

How about scenarios where a married person cheats, then gets their lover in the class, and then gets divorced. Is THAT doing the Word???? Afterall somone did the hear the Word out the of the situation. :rolleyes: How about later when the divorced person and the lover get married and become twig coordinators and good little twig coordinators. Does that cancel out the wrong because someone is now standing???

Edited by Nottawayfer

How about scenarios where a married person cheats, then gets their lover in the class, and then gets divorced. Is THAT doing the Word???? Afterall somone did the hear the Word out the of the situation. :rolleyes: How about later when the divorced person and the lover get married and become twig coordinators and good little twig coordinators. Does that cancel out the wrong because someone is now standing???

Good Night, Nottawafer! That's horrible! How could the class coordinator allow that person to undershepard their extramarital lover? And what was the Limb thinking to allow them to become twig coordinators? How can anyone think TWI is a Godly ministry that teaches the one true Word?

It seems to me to be a weird disconnect with the 'real world', to give that answer to a court. Not only does it evade the question, it's delivering 'wayspeak' in a court of law. What did she think the response to that would be ? Isn't telling the truth 'doing the word' ?

Did she then tell the courtroom to renew their minds ?