GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way living in irony

lindyhopper

Twinky's post from another thread made me think of this.

That's if you were even worthy of contempt - you might recall sometimes people were made to feel unworthy even of that.

(Self)Condemnation is a bedfellow of the contempt which is described.

All this from a "ministry" that was keen to tell us that there is therefore no condemnation... and then proceeded to put so many of its people exactly there.

There was/is tons of stuff like this. They would spout "there is therefore now no condemnation" in one breath and then do there best to put you there in the next. "Religion is legalistic" was the catch phrase for a while, yet that is so THEM! "You should be motivated out of love, not fear"...then they would try to scare the hell out of you to make you do what they wanted, like get out of debt and give them more money.

I was blamed for getting mugged. It wasn't said outright, but they made it my fault, only of course after telling me, "now we're not blaming you." I had to correct my behavior so it wouldn't happen again.

We have fun doing the "literal according to usage- Way-isms" threads every once in a while around here. It seems that more often than not what was said and what we now realise it to mean were polar opposites.

The latest one: "What a WONDERFUL ministry this is!" You know that on some level most of the people still in know that is not true. They know in there heart or in their gut or in the pain of their a$$, that the only thing TWI is FUL of is cr*p, but that is the opposite of what they are being told therefore it is from Da Adversary. How ironic! The truth coming from the Adversary!

"You shall not surely die", you little greasespot! Welcome to the club of the knowledge of good and evil.

Edited by lindyhopper

We have fun doing the "literal according to usage- Way-isms" threads every once in a while around here. It seems that more often than not what was said and what we now realise it to mean were polar opposites.

That's what the Witnessing Cards thread is about :)

Not quite sure where "blame the victim" sits in that (perhaps "promotes prosperity and health"?). I know of others who have been attacked and have been asked where their believing has broken down. You're not alone in that, Lindyhopper. Unfortunately.

How about "Give cheerfully" in order to get blessed but being told that "God won't spit in your direction" unless you give more than 10%. And many of us didn't really have the means to give 10% or more, thus making "cheerful giving" an impossibility.

TWI is far too involved in THEIR FOLLOWER’S BUSINESS, personal and all others!

Thinking, eating, exercising, drinking, love making, school, work, neighbors, fellowships, finances, budgeting, skin care, blemish covering, clothes, shoes, parties, discipline, speaking, listening, singing, talking, believing, trips, shopping, time with others, furniture, organization, calendars, time management... and more

Unfortunately, it’s a trickle down effect, and the ‘leaders’ are being asked to make reports about their people.

For someone who doesn’t want to do this, there is tremendous pressure, and when something harmful happens to a ‘person on your watch‘, you have to give some answers. This has led to LEADERS to say things like, “You need to figure out why this happened”! It was always the fault of yourself… except for the “LEADERS”, who were doing the Word and under Spiritual attack :rolleyes:

This ugly cistern called TWI isn’t holding any water, and has caused a lot of damage. In our family, the damage is very deep, and I pray that one day the truth will be clear, and the destructive residue the treatment from TWI has deposited will be gone.