GreaseSpot Cafe

Forum for ex-twi groups/boards/sites/churches?

WordWolf

Would it help to add a new forum specifically for EX-twi groups/leaders, etc?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a good idea to add a new forum specifically for EX-twi groups, leaders, etc?

• I think we would benefit from adding such a forum.
    • I think the current forums are better for that than adding another.
    • I don't have an opinion either way and plan to have no opinion either way.
    • I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

Would the Greasespot Cafe be better served by adding a forum for organizations, churches, ministries, websites, messageboards, books, tapes, videos and all other media that are ex-twi,

or is the current system better than splitting off a new forum besides "Open" and "About the Way" for it?

Just my opinion, but if the ex-way splinters don't want to take on a forum for their stuff, why should Gresespot? Nobody here can speak for anybody else, and if they (the splinters, groups, whatever) don't want to take the time to moderate it, answer questons, be patient with people, why should anyone here?

It just seems to me if they wanted an open discussion forum, they would run it. Evidently, it's not that important to them. If they don't want to bother, why should we?

Just my opinion, but if the ex-way splinters don't want to take on a forum for their stuff, why should Gresespot? Nobody here can speak for anybody else, and if they (the splinters, groups, whatever) don't want to take the time to moderate it, answer questons, be patient with people, why should anyone here?

It just seems to me if they wanted an open discussion forum, they would run it. Evidently, it's not that important to them. If they don't want to bother, why should we?

What I meant was: we have a forum specifically about twi, and some discussions in it are not about

twi itself, but about its spinoffs. I'm not asking "should we give them a forum", I"m asking

"should we move those discussions to a new forum"? We're already having the discussions.

I don't know. it seems like there are common abuses committed by some of these groups that we can support each other through regardless of which cult committed the abuse. for that reason, I say no separation. the only reason I can see for separating them is to avoid the confusion I'm susceptible to at times when trying to figure out if it was TWI or some other outfit who committed the outrages, plus some of the doctrines are so different... so we'd need a twi-survivors group, a geerites survivors group, and so on because although some of the abuses are identical, the group tactics might be very specific to the group.

I'm really tired so that might not have made sense :)

Oh, ok, I get it now. ;)

The advantage of having a seperate forum, it seems to me would be, for those who want information about spin off groups. It would be easier to find the threads, if they are in one place.

Edited by ex10

I feel strongly about this board staying about TWI.

It's made a name for itself, and has integrity because of the quality of the posters who post here. However, when you start writing a lot about other groups then you not only invite those people to the mix, but then there's the privacy issues (name dropping), and other problems that can come up where you discuss anything that could harm someone's reputation.

In short, I think it would open up a can of worms that no moderator would want to really deal with.

Please don't think this is my saying that people from or who are with groups such as CFF, etc., are not welcome - that is not the case. But I don't think those groups should, at all, become the focus. I don't think there's anything wrong with an occasional thread, but I think a dedicated place for that would be... well.... just awkward.

Edited by ChasUFarley

Splinter groups exist because their members were once in TWI. There's very few degrees of seperation between them. The majority of people in splinter groups (if not all of them) are quite familiar with TWI's doctrines and practices.

I think that anyone who wants to start a thread on the TWI forum about a splinter group should do so. The comparisions and contrasts would be interesting to read. Also - a lot of discussions about splinter groups would lead to a discussion about something that happened in TWI. Would the thread be moved if it starts to slant in the TWI direction? It would get too confusing if threads started getting moved around.

Edited by Hope R.