GreaseSpot Cafe

Free Hugs Video

VeganXTC

I saw this a long time ago, and it touched me to the point of tears. Then, yesterday, AOL did a story that said Oprah did a segment on the video, and it got me thinking about it again.What do you think? Is Free Hugs one of the most loving things you have ever seen? Or does it remind you too much of those dirty hugs of TWI? Would you carry a sign offering free hugs? Would you hug someone carrying that sign?For those who haven't seen the video, here it is:

I LOVE THAT VIDEO!! They had it on GMA one morning and I just laughed my .... well, I laughed really hard. :redface2: So much joy and how very ingenious! I loved the responses he got, too. Everyone can use a hug - especially the hugs given freely. :biglaugh:

I think, though, a guy could get away with that a lot easier than a girl could. We'd probably run into more pervs if we did it, but it's a stupendous idea and good on 'im for doing it! Gives me hope for humanity.

Thanks for posting it, Vegan! :love3: I could watch that all day and never tire of it.

I saw the guy on Oprah. He seems like a really good guy. However, hugging a stranger is kind of freaky to me because it does remind me of TWI days. I HATED it when guys hugged so tightly that your boobs smashed in to their chest........Not everybody was having fun..... :(

Edited by Nottawayfer

The biggest difference about Free Hugs and TWI hugs, to me at least, is that Free Hugs are freely given and received, not like in TWI where hugs and kisses were mandatory. There were many times I felt that TWI hugs weren't genuine displays of love, just a chance to cop a feel. Then I would feel horribly wicked. I would wonder what was wrong with me, thinking evil of my brother in Christ like that. I was so stupid.

Boys may be boys, but there more than a few girls who would use the holy kiss or hug to tease. Shoot, we were mostly young and single and the matting dance played out in the Way as in every other place on Earth. With a few little twists of the social norms thrown in, but the dance continues.

I'd like to see them do a free hugs video in a Muslim country. :unsure:

Jerry