GreaseSpot Cafe

Was he right for once?

TheHighWay

Most office workers work very hard anyway & usually the company looks the other way if they have a worker who goes above and beyond.

Ain't that so true! I've used my initiative to upgrade some case management templates at work that saves thousands and thousands of dosh each month. Do I get thanks? No, threatened with disciplinary proceedings. Ugh.

(However, my new employer is so impressed at the initiative and skill involved that *he* is offering me a job, on the strength of that extra work - he hasn't been looked at the templates!!) (God does reward us, one way or the other!)

Even though (unfortunately) I'm often a few minutes late into work, I always make it up and they get more time than they pay for.

As for the occasional short phone call to check on the kids/make dental appointment/... - I kinda take the view that it's akin to not muzzling the ox as it treads the corn.

As for the occasional short phone call to check on the kids/make dental appointment/... - I kinda take the view that it's akin to not muzzling the ox as it treads the corn.

Amen Twinky!!

Congrats on the new job! it's nice to work somewhere where your skills and strengths are appreciated and utilized.

It seems this gives ol Loy too much credit... heck, my parents taught me about being honest, and that included working and work. Dad had lots of examples of what not to do at work, from the men he managed in the Union Car Plant.

Getting to work on time and giving the employer your best seems like common sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, LCM had not right to stick his nose in where it didn't belong. He had a habit of dong that, and oh my he stuck other things in where they didn't belong too. I have people working under me and they have needs. There's a difference between honestly taking care of a need and slacking off. If you are concerned about a situation at home it's better to get it taken care of, then you can go back to being productive. I guess the best situation would be that everyone has to know what their work place will torerate and they only way to do that is to work out what the boundries are with your employer. Then everyone is happy.