GreaseSpot Cafe

Where are the Brits?

Trefor Heywood

Looking for news of any British or European Wayfarers I might have known in the period 1976-85. Did you know any of them in the Corps, did you marry a Brit believer or know anyone who did?

I am particularly anxious for news of Robert Ivor Ashford who was once a very dear and very close friend. Bob was WOW in Bristol UK and later in Cork Ireland.

Any clues would be gratefully received!

Trefor Heywood

[This message was edited by Trefor Heywood on April 23, 2003 at 16:57.]

oh let's see

liz slater used to post around here (maybe waydale). i think she married an american and lives near philadelphia

i have heard kathleen macmillan also married an american and lives somewhere in the states

there is a poster here (alfakat, a great wonderful guy). i think one of his sisters married robert eachus and they live in california.

david bailey (agape) lives somewhere around nashville, tennesse, but doesn't post here.

that's it so far.

i'll be back if i can remember anything else.

hey, thanks again for your bio. welcome to the greasy spoon icon_smile.gif:)-->

That's great thanks alfakat for news of Bob Eachus and a la prochaine for news of John!

Yes he was the one I mentioned in my bio - best roast pork with crackling I ever tasted! icon_wink.gif;)-->

Looks like so far they have all landed up in the USA!

Trefor Heywood

Speaking of Brits, I too am looking for some British friends. Does anybody know how to get in touch with Judi Ridings, 12th corps, or maybe 13th? I know she got married, but don't know her married name. Also, I'm looking for Bo (Henrick) and Val Linneman. I can't post my email, but a private topic will work. Thanks.

T.

PS Alfa, good to hear news of Bob and A. icon_wink.gif;)-->

I knew Bo and Val Linneman but alas I don't know where they are now.

Thanks for the info on John Alton, Alfakat, besides saying hi for me can you ask him if he knows anything about Bob Ashford? News/whereabouts would be fantastic!

Trefor Heywood

How about Patricia Waring?? anybody know her whereabouts??? I thought she was living in PA but not sure if that is true. I know she got married long ago, great girl. We sat next to each other in the corpse, would love to find her.

Suz

Trefor. Perhaps my best friend in the Corps was Miceal Adams, from Dundalk Ireland. He was 12th Corps. He and I were as close as brothers could get. On Lightbearers, we almost beat the crap out of some Iranians who were desecrating the American flag down in Oklahoma. We got right in their faces, gave them the finger inches from their noses and told them that if they didn't stop that we'd hurt 'em bad. Well, they stopped. Great fun, that!

And we shared the Word with a lot of people and it was grand. We also drank beer at a little Okie bar (Okie-slang for Oklahoman) where there was actually a Snooker table. Our friendship continued until the break up of TWI I, and sadly, he chose to stay, and I was kicked out for my lack of allegience to LCM. It was a tearful parting. A brother type friendship smashed by religion.

I heard he was ordained, and I last heard he was still in New Zealand as the country coordinator. I know some people who recently left the TWI down in NZ, and they were treated very harshly by Miceal when they chose to leave. His wife's name is, Felicia Purpora Adams, also of the 12th Corps.

I gotcha too Alfakat! I used to be pals with one of your sisters too. The one with the different colored eyes. What sweethearts!

And say Alfakat, I too would like to know the whereabouts of Bo and Val Linneman. A private topics note maybe? I used to do music with them in the Corps. What fine people, and so musical!

Sorry Jonny Micael's name does not ring any bells of memory although the face might...

Part of the tragedy of TWI was that it brought some wonderful people together who they would not otherwise have met and then split them asunder over one issue or another. I still feel the hurt of Bob Ashford breaking from me even now.

Trefor Heywood

Kathleen MacMillan, she of the wonderfully rolled "r's," married Phillip Brewer, who was in (I think) fourteenth corps. The last I heard, they were living happily in Portland, Oregon.

Several years ago, I picked up a Newsweek magazine, or something like it, and I saw a picture of a man identified as Brendon McCann. It was listed with the pictures of two other people, and they were identified as IRA terrorists and bombers who had been shot dead on sight by British police. Was that our own Brendy McCann? I had heard shadowy rumors of IRA involvement on the part of some of our Irish lads, and the picture surely did look a lot like Brendy. Do you know anything about this?

Not in Kansas:

I knew Brendy and in fact his brother Frankie lived with me in Bristol for a while. What I do know is that they did have a brother, James McCann, who was indeed heavily involved in the IRA. Neither Brendy nor Frankie showed any interest in Irish politics during the time I knew them. Maybe therefore it was James you saw in the article. It would be horrible indeed to think that Brendy had got himself involved - he was such a gentle loving, funny guy. Frankie and Brendy did not look much alike but James might have resembled Brendy - they were both older than Frankie was.

Thanks for the info on Kathleen.

Trefor Heywood

OOOOOPS icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Dear Trefor,

So sorry.

I meant to say... JONNY LINGO.

I can't believe I did this!!! icon_redface.gif:o-->

But just the same, if you want to use private topics, just click at the top of the page on "MY SPACE" and then on private topics... should be able to get to them from there.

I'll edit my first post as well.

Ssssssssheeeeeeeeeeeeshhhhhhh, must have been tired when I did this icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

It was nice talking to you just the same Trefor!!

Let me start again...

-------------------------

JONNY LINGO

I sent you a private topic...

Check it out! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

'til the next time...

I just discovered that when I clicked on Trefor's name at the left of his post, I was given several options, one of which was to start a private topic with Trefor.

There may really be more than one way to Chicago after all...

B - Better

O - Off

W - Without

t - the

w - way

i - international

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Mark for the info on Robert and Barbara Wilkinson. I will have to check if they are still around the Macclesfield area.

Althought the name Vince Finnegan rings a bell I for the life of me can't remember anything else about him!

Trefor Heywood