GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"Letty grew up just down the street. She was into cars since she was like ten years old. Dom always had her attention. Then she turned sixteen..."

"And she had Dom's attention."

"Yeah, it's funny how that works out."

"Why don't you try Fat Burger from now on? You can get yourself a cheese and fries for 2.95, f-----t!"

"I like the tuna here."

"Bulls--t, A--hole!  Nobody likes the tuna here!"

"Yeah well I do."

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bulls--t. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."

George

8 hours ago, WordWolf said:

*wild swing*  "Reservoir Dogs"?

No.

"Letty grew up just down the street. She was into cars since she was like ten years old. Dom always had her attention. Then she turned sixteen..."

"And she had Dom's attention."

"Yeah, it's funny how that works out."

"Why don't you try Fat Burger from now on? You can get yourself a cheese and fries for 2.95, f-----t!"

"I like the tuna here."

"Bulls--t, A--hole!  Nobody likes the tuna here!"

"Yeah well I do."

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bulls--t. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."

"Hey, what's up, Jesse? What do you have in your hand?"
"Throwing down the pinkslip just like you."
"Pinkslip for what? The Jetta?"
"Yeah."
"You can't bet your dad's car."
"It's all right. I ain't losin'. This fool is running a Honda 2000. I'll win. Then me and my dad can roll together when he gets out of prison. It's all good."
"Well, they're gonna throw him right back in prison after he kills you."

"I smell...skanks. Why don't you girls just pack it up before I leave tread marks on your face?"

"You know, I was thinking we should go out sometime."

"Oh, that's sweet, but I usually don't date my brother's friends."

"Well, that sucks. I guess I'll have to kick his a$$ then."

"I'd love to see that. Actually, I'd pay to see that."

George

"They slaughtered 23 people and jumped a shuttle. An aerial patrol spotted the ship off the coast. No crew, no sight of them. Three nights ago, they tried to break into Tyrell Corporation. Two of them got fried running through an electrical field. We lost the others. On the possibility they might try to infiltrate as employees, I had Holden go over and run Voight-Kampff tests on the new workers. Looks like he got himself one. That's Leon. Ammunitions loader on intergalactic runs. He can lift 400-pound atomic loads all day and night. The only way you can hurt him is to kill him.

"They slaughtered 23 people and jumped a shuttle. An aerial patrol spotted the ship off the coast. No crew, no sight of them. Three nights ago, they tried to break into Tyrell Corporation. Two of them got fried running through an electrical field. We lost the others. On the possibility they might try to infiltrate as employees, I had Holden go over and run Voight-Kampff tests on the new workers. Looks like he got himself one. That's Leon. Ammunitions loader on intergalactic runs. He can lift 400-pound atomic loads all day and night. The only way you can hurt him is to kill him."

"Sushi. That's what my ex-wife called me - cold fish."

"We found the shuttle drifting off the coast two weeks ago, so we know they're around. "

"Embarrassing."

"No sir. Not embarrassing, because no one's ever going to find out they're down here. 'Cause you're gonna spot 'em and you're gonna air 'em out! "

"I don't work here anymore. Give it to Holden. He's good. "

"I did. He can breathe okay, as long as nobody unplugs him. "

"Is this to be an empathy test? Capillary dilation of the so-called blush response? Fluctuation of the pupil. Involuntary dilation of the iris... "

" We call it Voight-Kampff for short. "

Edited by WordWolf

"They slaughtered 23 people and jumped a shuttle. An aerial patrol spotted the ship off the coast. No crew, no sight of them. Three nights ago, they tried to break into Tyrell Corporation. Two of them got fried running through an electrical field. We lost the others. On the possibility they might try to infiltrate as employees, I had Holden go over and run Voight-Kampff tests on the new workers. Looks like he got himself one. That's Leon. Ammunitions loader on intergalactic runs. He can lift 400-pound atomic loads all day and night. The only way you can hurt him is to kill him."

"I don't get it. What do they risk coming back to Earth for? That's unusual. Why...? What do they want out of the Tyrell Corporation?

"Well, you tell me, pal. That's what you're here for."

"We found the shuttle drifting off the coast two weeks ago, so we know they're around. "

"Embarrassing."

"No sir. Not embarrassing, because no one's ever going to find out they're down here. 'Cause you're gonna spot 'em and you're gonna air 'em out! "

"Is this to be an empathy test? Capillary dilation of the so-called blush response? Fluctuation of the pupil. Involuntary dilation of the iris... "

"May I ask you a personal question?"

"Sure."

"Have you ever retired a human by mistake?

"No."

"But in your position, that is a risk."

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die. "

" I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life; my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die. "

"I don't get it. What do they risk coming back to Earth for? That's unusual. Why...? What do they want out of the Tyrell Corporation?

"Well, you tell me, pal. That's what you're here for."

"Embarrassing."

"May I ask you a personal question?"

"Sure."

"Have you ever retired a human by mistake?

"No."

"But in your position, that is a risk."

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die. "

" I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life; my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die. "

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? "

""More human than human" is our motto. "

"The report read "Routine retirement of a replicant." That didn't make me feel any better about shooting a woman in the back. "

"She's a replicant, isn't she?"

"I'm impressed. How many questions does it usually take to spot them?"

"I don't get it, Tyrell."

"How many questions?"

"Twenty, thirty, cross-referenced."

"It took more than a hundred for Rachael, didn't it?"

13 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Blade Runner?

George

Yes.

Oddly enough, neither I nor Mrs Wolf have ever seen the whole movie despite being Harrison Ford fans. I read the comic book adaptation, which was a great cure for insomnia, IIRC.   My favorite exchange happens only in the book.  It's when Gaff shows up to bring Decker in and give him the new assignment, pulling him out of retirement.  The scene is shorter in the movie.  In the comic, Gaff responds to "tell him he's got the wrong man" with a quick recital of Decker's accomplishments, and how he was told to bring him in even if he had to serve him up like sushi.  His translator attempted to translate all that. "He say 'blade runner'. he say 'Mister Nighttime'.  He say 'Big Boss Bryant say, break your brain, make you raw fish.'"       (Boy, that lost a LOT in the translation....) 

But Mrs Wolf got it from the "that's what my wife called me" line. 

"This is Bobbi. You won't see me anymore, so I thought I'd have a little session with your machine. Oh Doctor, I'm so unhappy. I'm a woman trapped inside a man's body - and you're not helping me to get out! So I got a new shrink, Levy's his name, he's gonna sign the papers so I can get my operation. Oh... I borrowed your razor... and - well, you'll read all about it. Some blonde bitch saw me, but I'll get her."

"Maybe there's something wrong with me."

"There's nothing wrong with you."

"Do you find me attractive?"

"Of course."

"Would you want to sleep with me?"

"Yes."

"Then why don't you?"

"Because I love my wife, and sleeping with you isn't worth jeopardizing my marriage. Is it worth it to you?"

"I don't know."

George

"This is Bobbi. You won't see me anymore, so I thought I'd have a little session with your machine. Oh Doctor, I'm so unhappy. I'm a woman trapped inside a man's body - and you're not helping me to get out! So I got a new shrink, Levy's his name, he's gonna sign the papers so I can get my operation. Oh... I borrowed your razor... and - well, you'll read all about it. Some blonde bitch saw me, but I'll get her."

"Of course."

"Yes."

"Then why don't you?"

"Because I love my wife, and sleeping with you isn't worth jeopardizing my marriage. Is it worth it to you?"

"I don't know."

"How are things going with you and Mike?"

"Fine."

"Good."

"No, they're not fine. What a stupid word that is. He gave me one of his wham-bang specials today and I'm mad at him. Isn't that right? Shouldn't I be mad at him?"

"Yeah. Did you tell him?"

"Of course not. I moaned with pleasure at his touch - isn't that what every man wants?"

"I don't know. Is it?"

"Don't start that stuff with me."

"Don't make me be a bad girl again!"

George

No.  Earlier film.

"Of course."

"Yes."

"Then why don't you?"

"I don't know."

"Fine."

"Good."

"No, they're not fine. What a stupid word that is. He gave me one of his wham-bang specials today and I'm mad at him. Isn't that right? Shouldn't I be mad at him?"

"Of course not. I moaned with pleasure at his touch - isn't that what every man wants?"

"I don't know. Is it?"

"Doctor, I am not paranoid. Bobbi was making threats over the phone. She said she's going to hurt me. My patient was slashed to death. And now my razor is gone. Now you don't have to be a detective to figure it out, do you?"

"Look, Liz, I've got to get home and get to work."

"Gee, I'm gonna miss having you on my tail. You made me feel kind of safe."

"Want to come home with me? I'd love the company."

"Wouldn't Mike mind?"

"Mike's out of town on a business trip. We've got plenty of room."

"Great. I could sure use the vacation."

"Good, good. I'll get the check."

George

• 3 weeks later...

"Of course."

"Yes."

"Then why don't you?"

"I don't know."

"Fine."

"Good."

"I don't know. Is it?"

"Doctor, I am not paranoid. Bobbi was making threats over the phone. She said she's going to hurt me. My patient was slashed to death. And now my razor is gone. Now you don't have to be a detective to figure it out, do you?"

"Look, Liz, I've got to get home and get to work."

"Gee, I'm gonna miss having you on my tail. You made me feel kind of safe."

"Want to come home with me? I'd love the company."

"Wouldn't Mike mind?"

"Mike's out of town on a business trip. We've got plenty of room."

"Great. I could sure use the vacation."

"Good, good. I'll get the check."

"Thank god, straight fu-ks are still in style! "

1:  "I'm sorry, am I bothering you?"

2:  "Naw, you ain't bothering me."

3:  "But you're bothering ME."

2: "You say she's bothering you?"

3: "That's right, this b-tch is bothering me."

2: "Well, what you gonna do 'bout that?"

3:  "I'm gonna kick her a-s."

George  (These are all the quotes on IMDb.  It's a 1980 film, if that helps.)

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge