GreaseSpot Cafe

A good book that will make you laugh

waterbuffalo

This was a good book.

Here's a link describing it:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/158...usicso0b4605-20

It really is a funny book.

I hope this doesn't get kicked off of the forum because it might look vulgar but it isn't. It's just funny and I hope you try it. I laughed my arse off when I first read it. I own this book. It was a gift. Really. I love it. :biglaugh:

Does anyone know of anymore funny laugh your arse off books that would fit in this category?

Edited by waterbuffalo

We love British humor. That book sounds great Abi and Sushi.

Yours sounds funny, too, Bust It. Oh, and nice to meet you, Bust It! (sorry, I don't know how to do one of those avatar things really fast or I'd offer you a cuppa).

I think you will really like it, Tom. It has great illustrations, too, if you care :biglaugh:

You know Forest Gump the book is hilarious. Nothing like the movie, I think they were trying to hit some of the issues of the time when they made that and it vered from the book a lot. But the book made me crack up.

Hey, Free, I agree about Forest Gump! I read the book too and it had some really funny parts that they left out of the movie. Remember when he went up in a spaceship with a woman astronaut and they crashed in the jungle with some cannibals? Yes, it was a hoot. thanks for bringing that up.

Hey, Free, I agree about Forest Gump! I read the book too and it had some really funny parts that they left out of the movie. Remember when he went up in a spaceship with a woman astronaut and they crashed in the jungle with some cannibals? Yes, it was a hoot. thanks for bringing that up.

Hey WB, no prob. The opening paragraph had me almost peeing my pants. When I saw the movie I was very disappointed.

Thank you WB for the greeting. I'm going to try an emoticom :rolleyes: I'm getting back into the swing of things e.g.: living my life. Getting into some good literature is part of that.

I have some old paper-backs that my mother had and I have been enjoying them for a while. They don't fall into the bodily functions kind of humour but do have references to family living and the stuff that comes with it. The books are old (is there any other kind?!?) Erma Bombeck: "If Lifes a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?!?

Lewis Grizzard!!!! I love his stuff, especially the line that goes something like, "If you don't like Atlanta, Delta's ready" aimed at Yankees, of course.

I'll have to check out Jerry Clower and the Queen book. Thanks for bringing them up.

Bust It, you are soooooo welcome. I hope to see you a lot around here. I'm a chocoholic, too.

Tom, is Dixie Chick your dog????

Hey WB, no prob. The opening paragraph had me almost peeing my pants. When I saw the movie I was very disappointed.

Freeatlast, I'm usually a stickler when it comes to wanting the book to follow the movie, but in this case I just loved what Sally Field did with Forrest's mom's character. She was so much warmer and more real than the one in the book, imo. So, I like them both, the book and the movie in their own way.

WB, but her role was so small in the scheme of the whole story. In the book Jenny didn't die and that was one of those issues of the day being interjected into the movie. They didn't say she had aids because of excessive drug use but they insinuated it. Forest didn't get to raise his son, Jenny did. And the worst part is they left out his wrestling character. That was sooo funny. the diapers the crying. Oh man. Didn't forest make a military speech in the movie when in the book he threw his medal away because Jenny convinced him the war was bad. Lot's of discrepancies from the book to the movie.

They tried to fit it into the time frame of today but lost something in translation.

But is there a role that Sally didn't do justice? She is one of the top notch actresses of her day. She knows how to portray a character. I must admit she was funny in the movie and played the part well. I even liked her short lived role on ER when she played Abby's bi-polar mom. She really convinced me of her plight.

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh, I know Free. Sally Field makes you believe, doesn't she?

Just saw her in Not Without My Daughter again a couple of nights ago and it seemed so real I had nightmares about how the Iranian Islamist Religious Fanatics treat women for 2 nights.

Googled the real person and her website said she walked across a snow covered mountain to get to safety. At the end, her guides had to drag her across the border. What determination!