GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Birthday Shellon Fockler-North!!

Ron G.

Thank you, everyone, for such wonderful birthday wishes and greetings.

This birthday has been kind of bitter/sweet for me, but it's been a really nice day as well.

It all started in class last night when I got in front of the room to give a presentation on Social Work Case Management. Suddenly my classmates started singing. Bellowing would be a better word. :blink: These are friends that are all graduating this june, a year ahead of me, so it was emotional; we've shared birthdays, anniversaries and life events for a long time.

I got sang to by a Boyscout troop from Arkansas, called at 1:30 in the morning by a good friend, my girls extended love and wonderfulness to me in their usual ways with cards and funny-ness. My son in law even called me!

I tried to get my 22 month old grand daughter to say happy birthday and got "appy nama" which made my eyes leak. Tcat (remember her? :) ) called and we got to laugh and chat and catch up. Box called and we laughed some more. My brothers called and, yup, you guessed it, more funny. My dad stopped by and it was great to visit with him.

Dinner at my mothers and finally, Kelly played happy birthday on her trumpet that Nellie gave her. She secretly worked with her band teacher to learn that just for her mama.

I'm very lucky and I thank you for sharing it with me!

:wave: