Dot Matrix

we all must remember this....

the press is a prostitute

they sell themselves just like a ho does

that's what the

john birchers told me at the same time doc vic was telling me other stuff

man was i f ed or what?

Edited by coolchef

This is poignant. She did not get rich by being born into it nor by starting a business and building on that. She was a person of low stature, like many of us, who got rich by timing and chance, not like many of us. But being rich is not what it's cracked up to be. Yeah, she wouldn't ever have to worry about paying rent, but look at all the headaches. I feel sorry for her more than I feel morally superior to her.

And now, coming to a theatre near you.

You saw her in the news.

You saw her in the magazines.

Now Hollywood brings her back to life in the latest full length biography of:

"The Second Marilyn"

Sorry, I agree with doojable. The media always has to have something to distract us from what is really going on somewhere else (usually in Washington is my conclusion)

On a more personal level, I never could see what her life had to do with me. She didn't make anything, she didn't produce anything but an illigitiment (no spell check used) child. She didn't stand for any of the things that would impress me. I never thought of her as any kind of sex symbol. I did like her eyes though. Other than that, I always considered her a distraction from reality.

Granted, it is tragic for her death to put her kid through so much crap. But ANS is now history and it's disappointing that anyone would allow themselves to die in such a way. I feel no remorse nor responsibility nor do I feel sorry for her. But I do feel bad for her kid.

I'm sure 20/20 will have a complete story about her kid in another year or so. Especially at an older age. I doubt I'll watch it.

Will you?

Edited by YIdon'tgotochurch

There will always be large breasted, platinum blondes,

who dazzle the populace with their looks, and lifestyle.

I'm only feeling sorry for the baby, who now has no mother,

and a possibility of 3 fathers.

Ecc. 1:9 --------

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be;

and that which is done is that which shall be done:

and there is no new thing under the sun.

Edited by dmiller

I guess my main point is that this story leaves me cold a bit.

Did the news report the death of LG?

Or of any of your loved ones?

Why does this person warrant national coverage?

I know I sound naive here - I assure you I understand the whole celebrity thing. It just seems sad to me.

Even the reasoning that an entertainment personality demands so much respect and attention when there are some real people out there that really make a difference in real life issues and not on a screen between plastic surgery and personal trainer appointments.

I think she literally died of a broken heart because of her son. Everytime she was in an interview after he died she seemed like she was so drugged she could barely speak right. And what in the world was Howard K doing supporting her to go to the different interviews after her son died. She seemed barely conscious. I don't think she wanted to live anymore after Danny died.

• 1 month later...
i heard today that guy larry is the baby's father

Yeah, I did too. Poor baby. I wonder how much any of these guys really care about her, and how much of their interest has to do with how much money she is worth. The whole thing is tragic.

I feel awful for Stern. If he really loves that baby, its gonna break his heart to give her up.