GreaseSpot Cafe

The gang's first neighborhood killing

Dot Matrix

The neighborhood restaurant

We have lived in a small town now for over a dozen years. Many or most of us go around the corner to a little family owned restaurant. It is family owned by a Chinese family, who greet us with big smiles and appreciation for our business. They speak in their accents which adds to the charm.

Last week, two young teenagers, suspected to be cr1ps, ran into the place, while families ate and people worked in the most delightful environment. They drew their guns and started to bark orders. One 19-year-old Guatemalan immigrant, did not speak English, so he did not obey their demands. They shot and killed him, as the neighborhood families tried to keep their children from crying, or seeing the gruesome site.

This boy had been in the states one week. They believe these young teens are part of the gang who recently came to our neighborhood, as they fled on foot.

Loads of flowers were placed by the restaurant....

Edited by Dot Matrix

I am sorry to hear this and truly terrified that this stuff is spreading like an alien invasion.

I live in a small town as well. The joke about our small town is that no one comes here unless they have a particular reason to be here. You can't really access other towns easy through us, it would just be easier to stay on the highway and go to whatever town you wanted and then take the exit.

A crips was spotted walking down one of main streets. He was identified as crips by the color he was wearing matching a bandana hanging from his back right pocket. I wouldn't know the difference myself but...

The only reason for him to be here is that he wanted to be here in this town. You don't end up here by accident. And like roaches, if you see one, you know that there are many more in the shadows.

We have begun to look for a new house. It's a shame. This was a lovely little town settled in the 1800's, old victorian homes, everything within walking distance.

Edited by FullCircle

If the authorities don't take actions in time the citizens will. And like so many things today that make me crazy the citizens will be arrested and prosecuted because they broke the law but the little pieces of crap that caused this to happen will still flourish.

In the old west they knew how to take care of these things.

I apologize for my anger here, I think I need to back off talking anywhere for awhile.

Exactly Chatty Kathy, I see it the same way. It is what will happen because I don't believe that not only will the authorities do anything, they are the primary cause of why this is happening.

We are an average blue collar neighborhood, old and established. People with families move here because it is small and a small school district, all in hopes of finding a haven in which to raise their children. The particular street I live on takes great pride in our homes, every year you will see us out there fixing, painting, (and not just painting, but doing the trim work using a variety of three different colors to keep up with the Victorian style) and then garnishing our front porches and walks with flowering annuals that match our decor as best we can.

We have a group called "Concerned Residents of insert name here." They have been scorned and mocked by town officials and the police. The police refuse to acknowledge that we have a blooming drug problem here in town, which is odd because now our town has gotten a rep for being bad because of drugs. This coalition of concerned citizens have addressed issues in the school and were told 'it won't be held against their children,' by the superintendent of the schools.

There is an established family here (among many others) whose children do drugs. We suppose that is number one reason the police have developed blind eyes. In addition, they are judges and lawyers who buy up property here in town and then rent them out real low and have been attracking and renting to those who are problems, drugs and gang related activity. The officials have created this problem themselves. In addition, new light has been shed about the officials of our town by others that in continuing to raise our property taxes through their so called assessments has indeed raised tax revenue for the town. Some people have sold their houses (or lost them) due to this enormous increases in our assessments and taxes (some people in a single assessment have gone up in value over 20K). The new information brought out was that when a house was sold or lost, the one family who is lawyer/judge has a friend here in the real estate business who is buying up these properties and working with the lawyer and renting them out for even more slum property with rents that attract slum tennants.

They have been destroying their own town through greed and lust for power and have brought this upon themselves.

This home was supposed to be my retirement (in addition to the few other trusts/funds I have set aside) or my children's inheritance, whichever came first. It won't be any of that if we wait too long and property values go way down.

I see it not changing cause the fish stinks at the head and those in the head aren't going to stop anytime soon.

Edited by FullCircle

That just makes my heart ache. The older I get the more I realize things aren't getting better around me but worse and I'd hoped once upon a time that as I grew older I would be able to relax and enjoy life some since I've had to work so hard just to be at this age. Sadly that dream for all of us is being weakened as each year goes by. It is easier to live with your head in the ground I guess but we here on this board don't have that luxury. We all seem to get it, in varying degrees, but we get it and it's just sad. And I sound so pessimistic and didn't use to sound that way. I'm searching for a balance somewhere. Because this is not the way I want to remain.

All that to say this....it seems the love of money is the root of all evil and we who would like to live a peaceable life get to pay for it.

Edited by ChattyKathy

This is another close-by town. The little grocery store was held up by some "gang type" teens with a shot gun. This town was sweet and rural, it has grown in the past 10 years, now it is pocked by crime. The little citizens here bake pies for each other and say "Hey" with a wave! Now, they are all trying to move and protect their homes.

http://patsabin.com/gwinnett/centerville.htm

Dot,

This just makes me sick.

This is why I firmly believe in an armed citizenry and I believe this is what the founding fathers meant. If the town or city officials are part of the problem, vote them out of office! Publicize their misdeeds - roaches run when you turn the light on them.

This mess has sneaked up on America and now is becoming a nationwide problem, even in the cute little towns. I think people in this country need to recognize that there is indeed good and evil, not the evil haves who cause the have-nots to want and to take by force.

Forget the sociology, folks! Back to the constitution and yes, the truth!

Folks who don't recognize right from wrong, and try to explain and excuse this kind of behavior, should be the ones who get to deal with the results, but usually they don't. We do.

Even in Washington State, if a homeowner or shopowner shot someone who was invading their property and intended harm or some other crime, the home/shop owner could shoot them dead on the spot. Works for me.

WG

shoot to kill every time

i hope i never have to face anything like that but i don't think i would have any qualms about shooting one of those little {or big} bastards if they were screwing with me and mine or my neighbors

notice to gangs:

put your hat on the right way

and pull your pants up or get some that fit

PUKES

get a job and an education

i don't owe you anything!