GreaseSpot Cafe

Pardon the border patrol agents

Dot Matrix

Why is our border patrol in so much trouble for guarding the border

Two Border Patrol Agents seize a van full of marijuana as the smuggler flees across the border. So how did that seemingly common scenario result in the agents facing long prison terms?

http://www.amw.com/features/feature_story_detail.cfm?id=1369

They shot at a drug dealer who is now suing america for 5 million dollars. And the US pardons the drug dealer so he can testify against the border patrol.

Another border patrol man, orders a van to stop. They pull over and as he approaches, then the van takes off. The border patrol agent shoots at the tires, in an effort to protect the USA. The bullet, intended for the tire, hits the wheel well where a woman is hiding to enter the country illegally. She is shot through the face. She has now been brought into the USA and we are paying her medical bills as this agent is in trouble for the shooting

As usual in stories like this, there is much more than meets the eye, hardly a story that befits your outrage. It appears to be a complex mess of competing drug dealers, including inside help in the border patrol from other stories that have been written. In the least, it seems that the two agents you mention, concealed evidence. methinks there are parts of the story that have yet to be heard. In the end you may be correct in your outrage, but then again, perhaps you will not.

Edited by HAPe4me

I saw it on AMW and they did say that the guys did not fill out the paperwork and they did pick up the casings. The way Walsh related it; it was a mistake. But EVEN if these agents were involved in something shady -- WHY pardon a drug dealer, and allow him to sue our country for 5 million dollars?

all I know is they were convicted last year, and are seving what, 12 years? HAS to be more to the story than shows up on the pro-wall sites. By the length of time the BP guys got, I expect they were NOT just doing their job. Why is this NOW a topic rather than when it was before the courts? The dealer was not pardoned, he was given immunity. Perhaps they did not then have the legally acquired evidence to convict him? I dunno. It just seems weird to me that the only recent articles on the net about it are pro- the border patrol guys. It would seem to me that someone or someones, somwhere has raised an old issue, that the other side is aware has been resolved legally by our justice system.

As to the lawsuit, do you think he will win? I don't. Should we pass laws that prevent him from trying? I don't think we should.

~HAP

We aren't trustworthy to pass laws like that because the innocent will suffer along with the criminals. But we can hope that our jurors are not easily swayed by pictures of hungry children in other countries, or to be less dramatic jurors that believe in our country and want to see it prosper rather than become dependent upon the world.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/032...found20-ON.html

Another day, another illegal alien, or two, or three, or one hundred and one found in a drop house. I so do hope that the different law enforcement agencies involved in this one remember NOT to clean up after themselves.

The illegals are trashing our desert and killing off our native plants. It's stressed that if you go out in the desert, PLEASE pick up after yourselves, we don't need more there by legals who just enjoy going out there to practice shooting or those who have work that takes them there... you know, like those Border Patrol Agents. (The commercials stress that you pick up your shell casings from your guns and make sure all trash is picked up and fires are totally put out.) The agents did clean up after it was all over with that drug smuggler, so by obeying the law they were found to have broken it and are now doing major prison time. So which is it? Do we really pick up our shell casings or leave them so some illegal can't get us put in prison too.

I noticed no one brought up the case of the farmer whose land was right on the border. He confronted illegals who tried to pass into the USA via his land and they sued him for pulling a gun on them as he protected his property. They won in court, he lost his huge ranch and now the illegals who won it lock, stock and barrel (no pun intended) have it up for sale. I think the asking price was near a half million, but don't quote me on it.

If that shocked you, then maybe I shouldn't mention the same thing is now happening to another rancher who chased some illegals off his land as they tried to come into our country illegally. I am praying the outcome is different on this one, but most think this poor rancher will lose his home and land also.

Repeat after me everyone who lives on a border state. We will wave nicely at the illegals as they walk across our property at all hours of the day and night. We will gester for them to help themselves to the clothes you have hanging out on the line, the food growing in your garden or maybe even inside your fridge if you come home to find them inside and they feel like resting inside for awhile. Sooner or later they will move on and if you haven't yelled at them to leave or shown a weapon of any kind to get them to leave (since they don't understand english, so you need to find a way to gesture to get them to understand what you are saying), they won't turn around and sue you and take away everything you worked your entire life for.

It's a silent invasion folks and at least 1000 more manage to get into the USA daily. I recently signed up to be on the mailing list of the Minutemen. This is their information if you would like to join too. They send about 3 or 4 emails a week as they have updates to pass on to concerned Americans.

Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, Inc.

6501 Greenway Parkway

Suite 103-640

Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Phone (520) 829-3112

http://www.minutemanhq.com

Zshot and I both live in Arizona, the state the majority of the illegals cross the border in. The minutemen are working as fast as they can to build the public funded fence along the border on privately owned property that the owners gave permission to build on. While the Government is talking about that little bit of fence they promised us they would put up that would cover a small area of the border, they haven't broken ground yet. The Minutemen have been building night and day getting miles built, all from donations by those who care and can afford to help them buy the needed supplies and food to feed the work crews.

Z is closer to the border and can relay information on what he sees there. I live in Phoenix, the hub city where most illegals head to a drop house to wait to be taken to where their desired destination is. The majority stay in this area though, or did. With all the busts now going on such as the one I started this post with and quite a few businesses, their desire to live here isn't as strong and they are now wanting to head out to new parts of the USA they haven't lived in before and where the residents may not notice them until it's too late.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now .. sorry for the rant, but I get so sick of seeing them break our laws getting here and then having anchor babies so they can use our Govermental services that should be going to our sick and poor LEGAL immigrants and natural born Americans.

You'll find no argument from me. As if that surprised anyone reading me. <_<

And Hap, agreed I hope the jurors do the right thing but if we can award someone money for burning their crotch while placing a cup of hot coffee there that they got from McDonalds well I have to wonder about some of our personal motivations when sitting with that group of 12.

I just read the NY Times piece and think this is just an incredible outrage. Morris Dees needs to join Molly Ivins.

When private citizens can no longer protect their private property, then it's time to take definitive action.

It's time to feed the hogs!

Ron,

A few times I stated our country would one day become overcome with Marshall Law but I was using the completely wrong example and our beautiful Dot helped me see the light by telling me it was Vigilante that I meant to use. :)

I do feel if we don't start protecting our own a little better and stop rewarding the criminals and outsiders over that of the working citizens that contribute to society we will most definitely see it in our lifetimes. I hear it all around me growing by leaps and bounds.

Kathy

(and if someone needs to call me a bigot I can take it but you don't know me either)

Hap

I brought this up "NOW" rather than then, as I did not know of it. I first heard of this via America's Most Wanted. Then, I heard it brought up on the Christian Radio to try and get these guys pardoned.

I understand that Dot. When I questioned why it is being raised now, I was referring to its prominence now on the internet, not of you bringing it up here now. I had two customers this week mention it to me.

Chattygal- I would not call you a bigot, I know nothing about you. I am confused why you would think one would do that? Since I am the only one who has not marched in step on this thread, I wonder if you imagine I think ill of you. Not the case. I can easily disagree with folks and not think of them as bad people. 'K? I would hope you can too.

~HAP

Hap,

That was not directed at you and to be honest it was guilt peeking its head out. I get so frustrated that we are so free to give monies we don't have away. I just can't get my head wrapped around it and when I see these commercials of hungry children in other countries and our actors/singers adopting a child from every country when there are children in foster homes praying on their knees every night for a mom and dad I just shake my head and wonder what am I missing. I know that is a small thing in the larger scale of it all. But why don't we consider the people paying for these promises being made. What is wrong with those in power in light of this, why aren't they seeing the obvious? Or am I just going bonkers and folks are too kind to tell me?

Kathy

I understand that Dot. When I questioned why it is being raised now, I was referring to its prominence now on the internet, not of you bringing it up here now. I had two customers this week mention it to me.

Chattygal- I would not call you a bigot, I know nothing about you. I am confused why you would think one would do that? Since I am the only one who has not marched in step on this thread, I wonder if you imagine I think ill of you. Not the case. I can easily disagree with folks and not think of them as bad people. 'K? I would hope you can too.

~HAP

Hap, *anytime* that anyone says anything other than we should allow all the illegals to keep coming here, keep paying for their anchor babies to be born so they can then get all the benefits that the working poor legal Americans can't receive, that we shouldn't make then prove they are here legally before giving them a driver's license and start applying that to banks also so they can't keep opening accounts and getting loans that, again, legal Americans are turned down for, or dare to mention building the fence, we are INSTANTLY branded bigots. It's not you hon, you and I disagree on a few things and we have never dreamed of calling each other something nasty and I know I'd have your back if you ever needed my help.

All the border states are having this problem, we legals say anything and we aren't concerned Americans, we are bigots. They know using the race card will get them milage. If 100,000 Americans went to Mexico by illegally crossing the border and all gathered blocking lunchtime traffic for miles and miles, carrying their flag upside down or burning it or flying it under our American flag, do you think the Mexican Government would say 'oh, it's ok, let them protest for their rights and we'll gladly pick up the bill of 30 to 40,000 bucks to clean up after they are done marching and shutting our towns down'? Hell no, they would be out there shooting first and asking questions next as they tossed everyone in their horrible prisons for many, many years. Is that what the USA is doing in the same exact situation? No, we let them march, we didn't have enough law enforcement or military in all those cities at the same time to stop the riots that would have happened should we have tried to stop their marches (which none of them got a legal application to do btw), we use our tax money to pay to clean up their mess and too many are jumping on the bandwagon and saying only bigots are speaking out against these poor people who only want to come here and work.

Funny, there are ads in the paper now from farmers that need help getting their crops in. Aren't these the jobs we're told they come to do? The jobs Americans won't do? Well, the illegals aren't doing those jobs any longer either .. they can make much more money by selling drugs, robbing from nice homes, getting fake ID's and Social Security numbers and getting into construction jobs and taking advantage of our messed up system and getting a free college education with our tax money, so they can also attain a high paying job once they finish college.

The Media isn't telling the whole truth. Those of us who live in the middle of this ongoing silent invasion are seeing the truth of it daily and are willing to talk about it ... if people will only listen and not think just because their town isn't being overrun that it doesn't apply to them. 15 million of them here now .. they can't all stay in the southwest forever, they will expand out to all of our states if we don't put a stop to it NOW and send back the ones caught here without proper paperwork, regardless of what country they are from. Apply and come to America the correct legal way or stay home and fix your home county's problems.

Biker

Well stated. I am in a county which currently has nore illegals pouring into it than any other -- or so it is reported.

And the Mexican illegals? They are doing condtruction and fixing the roads which Americans would love to do but have been pushed out.

I totally KNOW what you are talking about. I live in a spanish he!!, and then we are peppered by crips on top of things. I am thinking about moving to Germany

I want to clarify something you said Dot. I have a feeling many reading what you said won't understand, even though you and I know perfectly well, but we are living in the middle of the invasion. Those who haven't had it spread to their part of the country yet may not realize how some things we say take on quite a different meaning when it is applied to the illegals.

You talked about how the illegals are now into the construction trades and have pushed the Americans out. This is very true, but 'push' isn't a physical push in this invasion. What happens is the illegals come into a new area of our country one family at a time. Then they bring the rest of their family and friends still in Mexico to come live there near them, or in a lot, if not most cases, with them. They have no qualms living 20 or more in a one bedroom apartment. Before you know it they have taken over whole sections of your town. Those nice little mom and pop stores you love so much? Say bye bye, they will be bought out and you will drive by there one day to see a new business there, but you will have no idea what it is unless you speak spanish. All the wording on the outside and on windows is now in spanish. Once in awhile you get lucky and they will print a few things in English underneath, if they have room and the print is very small compared to the Spanish words. When you live with that many people in a tiny apartment, they are able to save up money quickly that enables them to buy up existing stores in their new neighborhood.

The majority have no trade they have been taught though. The men go out every morning around 5 to 6 a.m. and stand on street corners and parking lots of Home Depot stores, waiting for the pickup trucks from construction companies to come pick them up and they work daily labor, which pays 1/4 to 1/3 under the table compared to what a fully hired into the company American needs to be paid in order to be able to pay his bills and not have to share his house with 20 other people. Americans also need health insurance to pay for their wife and children's care should they become ill or injured. They don't have a live in illegal woman they keep pregnant and having anchor babies so she qualifies them for free medical and food stamps compliments of our government.

Jobs that paid employees 20 bucks an hour 7 to 8 years ago, before the invasion got huge, now pay 7 to 9 bucks an hour if you hire an illegal and that also means you don't have to pay so much in taxes, since you are paying him cash daily and not reporting it on your taxes every year. You save a bundle by not having to pay for health insurance too. Hey, it's a win / win situation for both employer and illegal. The only ones pushed aside who can't afford to accept these jobs any longer at such a low rate of pay are the legal Americans, who used to do that work and make a nice living for their families. The longer the illegals are here, the more children they are having and then our taxes pay for their educations as they grow up and then go on to college. The 2nd generation ones will then be well educated and able to go into any profession they want. Think of the quality of service you will get from your doctors and lawyers when they work for low wages and hopefully will speak English, if not, you will have to learn Spanish to do business in the USA when this comes about. It will, in about 10 to 15 years when the anchor babies are old enough and are out of school....and remember, they were born here in the states, so their parents are illegal, but they are considered American citizens and there's nothing we can do about it except watch our beloved American become the new Mexico.

I've watched my neighborhood completely change over the past 8 years. If the citizens of American don't start working together soon to vote out these illegal loving politicians of both parties, kiss Uncle Sam and the USA goodbye. Do you really want someone like McCain, who kisses every illegal butt in Arizona to be our next president? (I'm a republican saying this too.) Clinton caters to them just as much. So where does that leave us? I'm really starting to look at the Independents. We need a change and soon.