GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI member has TWI removed from news article about her?

GT

This one's got me stumped.

Got this news alert in my email today:

MA sweeps Hitchcock Awards

Montgomery Advertiser - Montgomery,AL,USA

As a member of The Way International, McCall leads Bible studies and regularly held a Wednesday night service in her home. At MA, the Homecoming Queen has a ...

But if you go to the article, MA sweeps Hitchcock Awards, no mention of The Way International appears. For Google to have picked up on it, it would have originally been there.

The Way International is mentioned in the video of the awards presentation, which you can watch at: Amelia McCall wins Jimmy Hitchcock Memorial Award

So what gives? Did she request that TWI be removed from the article? Or does Rosalie "I'm in charge" Rivenbark have a rule that TWI cannot be mentioned in a press article without it being cleared by them first -- thus the hammer coming down and they insist McCall have the paper remove mention of them?

Or did the newspaper visit GreaseSpot and realize they shouldn't be promoting a cult?

The story has since been updated and TWI put back in.

As a member of The Way International, McCall leads Bible studies and regularly held a Wednesday night service in her home.

New link to the article: http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/p...0/1002/SPORTS03

Hmm...

?????

This quote was from the article ------

"It's great to see both of them recognized," said Brittany Tucker, a 2006 Hitchcock winner and McCall's teammate on the 2005 championship team. "We (Tucker and McCall) were teammates for four years. Amelia is such a great athlete and Christian. She is one of the most amazing girls I've ever met. She and David are both awesome people."

In basketball, McCall earned second-team All-State honors as she helped lead MA to the state semifinals this season. A three-year All-Metro selection, McCall surpassed 1,700 points for her career.

As a member of The Way International, McCall leads Bible studies and regularly held a Wednesday night service in her home.

At MA, the Homecoming Queen has a 4.3 GPA and is a four-time winner of the MA Character Award, as voted on by faculty and students. A member of numerous clubs and honor societies, McCall will play volleyball at Emory University while studying either pre-med or biology.