GreaseSpot Cafe

Is God a Emotion?

I think that spirit and emotion are very close allies, if not the same thing. But it is a renewable resource.

I think a person wakes up in the morning with just about the same amount of energy that they did the previous morning, but how to spend it.. some conserve it, some spend it all at one place with fear and hate, and go through the rest of the day emotionally bankrupt.

I am of the opinion that our internal spirit, or emotional energy, is based on God's nature. The bible does attribute love, hate, and other emotions to the almighty.

Hello sweet Roy.

Humans tend to think of "love" as an emotion. Thus, God's love, must therefore be emotional.

I would say, spiritual love (agape) is wanting what is the absolute best thing for the object loved, whether its God loving a butterfly, doggie or human. It is not based on emotion.

Affection, brotherly love, and erotic love are emotional - these are human loves.

They are not agape.

I believe God is creative, intellect, mind - spirit, which our finite minds cannot conceive of. We can observe scientifically the natural world, but the world outside of the natural is not observable to us - yet.

Was Christ's love emotional sometimes - yes. The living life wept at Lazarus' death, the disciple leaning on his breast, etc. But, that is not the question, you asked about God, not Christ.

God first

Beloved Mr. Hammeroni and Sunesis

God lloves you two my dear friends

looks like we got a good debate beginning

good logic both ways

thank you two for giving us things to think about

Sunesis you are sweet too my dear friend

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Edited by year2027

An emotion, a feeling, understated imo.

Something that burns within, from the tips of your toes to the top if your head.

And everything around you on fire.

Bigger then we are, it engulfs, surrounds, saturates every fiber of our being.

God first

Is God a Emotion?

05-09-2009

Beloved all

God loves us all

I just have one small question

Is God a Emotion?

God is Love and they say Love is a emotion

thank you

Hello Roy

Good question in view of the Bible's statement that "God is Love."

The Personification of Love. Or so it's been said of God and/or his Son.

I do feel that the God concept is based in emotion - the emotion of desire. Desire perhaps for goodness to prevail. The desire for Power to be exercised on behalf of believers, in a 'godly' or good, benevolent, manner.

Desire for justice to prevail over mankind. Desire for a better future, a long lasting future free of pain.

Yes, to me, God is an emotion in many ways.

God first

Beloved Siouxzahn

God loves you my dear friend

I like the ideal of emotion of desire plus the great statement of "Desire for justice to prevail over mankind. Desire for a better future, a long lasting future free of pain."

thank you