GreaseSpot Cafe

American Idol

ChasUFarley

I'm rooting for Jordin Sparks. I think her talent is far above everyone and she is only 17 (yet so much bigger and taller than anyone there...).

My wife may be going for Doolittle...not sure.

We were rooting for LaKeisha to make it to the semifinals but she was eliminated tonight. We both thought Blake's style was getting old and juvenile. But he made it to the top three. We both think Blake will go next week. He may get a record deal, though.

The finalists we believe will be Jordin and Melinda.

Eagle

Eagle! Say no more about who got eliminated! We in Alaska are on a delayed time thing, and haven't started watching it yet. It comes on at seven which is in fifteen minutes...

And yeah, Jordin is very talented, but I don't think more so than Melinda, IMHO. But the fact that she (Jordin) is but seventeen gives her lots of star promising power. But that Melinda, with her powerful pipes and her charismatic and sweet and pure ways is so very beautiful to me...

In my opinion, it would be nice to see the finalists come down to two women, instead of a guy and a gal. The women have been stronger all along in this one. I have never follwed a season before this one, and, it's great entertainment.

My wife may be going for Doolittle...not sure.

Eagle

Excuse me -- someone with the name of Doolittle is going for the title of American Idol????????

(Shouldn't this thread be in Politics and 'Tacks, instead????)

:biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh:

(Sorry -- I just HAD to say it!)

;)

Ok...,

I'll admit it! I only watched this season because of Haley Scarnato....

Ok....I've confessed! :biglaugh:

lol....

As a matter of fact, Katharine Mcphee from last year was hot too.... :biglaugh:

My pick is Jordan. But I think the wild card is the last guy there..., what's his name...

Well see I guess

Jordin, isn't she a member of Bula Bula? I thought she won the immunity idol last week? :unsure:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I LOVE all three left! I was pulling for Melinda to win, but have since changed my vote to Jordin - she's just da bomb! All three of them are, though. I think there's not a loser in the bunch.

I am a shameless Survivor fan, too, though. Thursday nights - don't call my house between 8pm and 10pm (Gil Grissom is my fantasy man) .... well, don't call after 10pm either as that's definitely bedtime. :sleep1: But Thursday nights I'm useless. Glued to the tube.

To me it's a toss up between Jordan and Melinda. I think the boy is gonna go. But then again, maybe there are more chicks out there watching this than guys, and that could swing it for him. It's the "People's Vote" I spose, so anybody could get it. I still want Melinda though. And, I don't think that the others are going to be ignored by those who scout for talent though. In fact, didn't they say last night that Sangaya is going to be "one tour" soon? Oh brother.... :rolleyes:

I think Jordin will win American Idol, but I think Melinda has better staying power with a career. Jordin will be a little more "video friendly" being younger and cuter, but I can see Melinda getting into a pop career that will carry her beyond her beginnings. Lakisha just blasted the judges hauling out the big guns from the very beginning. I think she was a little too intense for some people, but very talented nevertheless.

What's -his-face ain't gonna make it.

Well, as far as past idolists, the most successful ones who have sold are Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Carrie Underwood, and Reuben Studdard. Clarkson has sold more than everyone at this moment in time because she was the first, but Underwood is coming up on her fast...

Underwood seems to be the number one pick of most people in America from the American Idol stage, followed by Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, and finally Reuben Studdard.

Taylor Hicks, God love him, is not selling well...

Fantasia did somewhat well, better than Hicks, but not as good as anticipated.

I sent Simon Cowell a copy of my book to see how he liked it, being the foremost number one critic of everything. If he liked it...it would be a big seller. Instead he sent me back this:

post-299-1178854897_thumb.jpg

** SPOLIER **

(for those of you who haven't watched yet tonight - DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW....)

OMFG!!! How the heck did THAT happen?????

I was torn between Jordin and Blake but just KNEW Melinda would be the winner.

OMG!

*still in shock*