GreaseSpot Cafe

Did you go to your prom?

wwjesuslaughat

I guess I'm not the only nerd. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I didn't go. I lived in one town, went to school in another, and spent most of my after-school hours in a dance studio an hour away, so I didn't hang out with my high school peers much. I was also in TWI, and my friends (and boyfriends) were all college guys.

I did get asked, though, by a sweet, shy guy whose artwork I admired. I shoulda gone, probably scarred him for life... icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Shaz

Oakspear:

"while I made every picture-day, my photo never appeared in any year-book"

"I knew it! You're a vampire!"

My high-school had some form of dis-function. I went to Ceres High my freshman year, then transfered to Merced High for Sophmore/Junior/Senior [a move of like 40 miles]. We did not know it at the time, but apparantly the office never performed all of their functions, so I was not 'placed' into a class, until close to graduation.

I was not included in the offical 'listing' of graduating seniors, and nobody felt that it was important to tell me, until just a few months prior to graduation. At that time, we were informed that I had not taken their normal classes that a freshman takes and since I had not taken them during my three years at Merced, I had not completed their requirements for graduation. So I was suddenly heaped with lots of extra credit stuff to be able to accomplish graduating.

I had been working fulltime since my sophmore year, and by the december-school-break of my senior year I had already enlisted in the US Navy, and was just waiting to graduate so I could go to bootcamp. I did feel slightly put out that no body in the highschool had felt it neccesary to review my records, or matriculate my courses, or even inform me that there might be a problem.

:-)

But over-all and in hind-sight it does explain why my picture was never included in the yearbooks.

Onion,

So that's what I missed? icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_eek.gif

Interesting stories, with a great range. Some of you had the fairy tale, some were too shy, some were too "cool".

I'm still looking at doing the dance thing, but I will need to find someplace to host it free or really cheap, since I don't have a budget for that sort of thing myself. I'll let you know how things turn out.