GreaseSpot Cafe

Boys vs. Girls

Bumpy

Speaking of boys & girls, can anyone give me an idea of a breakdown here at GS??

What % of registered ex-twi folks are male vs. female? The reason I’m asking is, from the history of all that’s been posted, who has basically handled the emotional separation better (or worse)? Who are more likely to move on with less difficulties?

Is sex a deciding factor in cult perception or awareness? In your corps marriages, who picked up on the dysfunctional aspects first? Throughout the process leading to GS, which gender is more likely to be bitter, angry, unforgiving, philosophical, dumbfounded or none of the above, (attitudes)?

I might be wrong but I sense many more female participants than male? And the women definitely seem to stick closer together. Is that because VP & leadership in general was male and therefore the (sexual victim) was female? Did females in twi “bond” in the face of this male enemy predator? Men obviously lost out in other ways...

What if VP & leadership had been female, like today? Would the whole affair have come out differently?

Any Ideas??

Good questions. Not knowing the gender demographics of the GSC posters, I don't have any answers. But I'll be interested in seeing the responses from those in the know more than me.

Suda

There are 2,209 registered members; 3.0% (68) of the registered members have identified themselves as being female and 4.1% (92) members have identified themselves as being male. Approximately 93% of the registered members have not identified themselves as male or female.

There are now over 33,000 posts on this forum.

To get an accurate count of your male/female perspective, you'd have to total the number of posts from males and the total number of posts from females but since we have 97% registered as "its" that would be nearly impossible.

Speculation about what the outcomes would be if VPW and leadership were female is... how do I say this... fruitless. If immoral acts were still done, greed still ruled, and there were still victims, then I don't believe it would be any more different. There still would have been males and females effected by the poor choices or decisions made by leadership with bad-intent. There would still be victims and hurt and emotions - male or female.

For further conversation: What difference would it make if there was a majority of posts by male or female? Would this add credibility to the forum or take it away?

Edited by ChasUFarley

quote: I might be wrong but I sense many more female participants than male? And the women definitely seem to stick closer together. Is that because VP & leadership in general was male and therefore the (sexual victim) was female? Did females in twi “bond” in the face of this male enemy predator? Men obviously lost out in other ways...

What if VP & leadership had been female, like today? Would the whole affair have come out differently?

Any Ideas??

Ideas? About gender? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Naw, don't have a clue.

Females probably suffered worst, being seriously abused within their relationships by partners and by higher-ups in TWI and the side of males generally being preferred by the hierarchy.

However for every broken relationship (marriage, engagement, parenting, whatever else) there are two participants and therefore two victims.

Women generally tend to vocalize their hurt more, talk it over (sometimes endlessly, it seems) with other people, including talking with their fingers on keyboards. Men generally tend to keep it closer to their chests or talk in a more jocular way with their mates, including talking with their fingers on keyboards. But GSC records posts from hurt males and hurt females.

It's not to do with sex of leadership or female sticking-together-ness but how each handles problems.

Who after dealing with their own difficulties sticks around to help others? That might be a more female thing, but there are lots of both male and female "helpers" here - Pawtucket, for one male, in just keeping the site operating.

Start a poll if you're that interested, maybe people will respond to that.