GreaseSpot Cafe

Prophets of Doom

Ham

Interesting. Kind of what I think sometimes.. it's the end of the world, depending on your point of view.

Sometimes I have to ask myself, "what is the worst that can happen here.." and the actual consequences aren't really THAT bad..

but I think to others, trapped in some kind of illusion of riches or materialism, what's coming might be a nightmare..

I think that if you haved built community, not enmity, and kept your business in order, it will be easier to get into the center of the sweeping river and get to a safe place.

Here is a link to more on the Hopi prophecies, it is part of a large NA spirituality/Earth Change site some might find interesting.

http://www.spiritual-endeavors.org/basic/hopi-elders.htm

Edited by Bramble

I think that if you haved built community, not enmity, and kept your business in order, it will be easier to get into the center of the sweeping river and get to a safe place.

The current problem is.. most are not willing to sacrifice a little stinking individuality, or submit to the kind of intimacy (I'm not talking about sex..) that is required, without being directly faced with some kind of calamity. The closest I've found to this is at the university I attend. And the relationships appear casual.. but I don't think they really are.

To those who are not prepared, I think it will be a nightmare.

I do my best not be build or leave emnity with anybody..

This may go on the Doctrinal thread ... but here goes anyway: Folks that do not understand that the Book of Revelation applies to Israel and not to the Church of Grace to which we belong wrongly read into it that we are on Earth for the sun being darkened, the moon being turned to blood, the locusts, all the tribulations ... but the Bible's real clear on the fact that the Christian believer is "saved from the wrath which is to come" ... we'll all be gathered together with Jesus Christ in the air and with him when all this stuff is going on on Earth ... that's not just a Way doctrine ... folks that don't know any better and that are being told that by fear--mongering ministers eager to increase their congregations are the ones that promote that.

NOT being here for that stuff is a great part of what "being saved" means for us ... but yeah, I'm with you ... even if the Communists (or whoever took over), it would not be tapes and boots I would want. I thought the MAL pack was stupid when we did it in residence and I still do. (I have a "hold-over" from that time ... it's still hard for me to let my gas tank get below half full.) I remember a couple of the assistant Corps Coordinators at Emporia being very boastful about how "I wouldn't want to have you with me." I remember sitting in the Emporia Dining Room thinking, as P*t P**w**l talked, "Yeah, we're even ... I wouldn't want to go anywhere with you either." The strong feeling he and D*v* B*d**d promoted is that we were simply not spiritual enough to go with them. I remember D*v* teaching us (or more specifically, I guess, the guys) to get dogs off their trail when they were being chased -- to urinate on a tree and carry a vial of cayenne pepper to apply on top of the urine ... it would mess up the tracking dogs' sense of smell when they traced the scent of you/your urine to the tree and they would lose the scent (I am not kidding ... this happened my first year in-residence). Oh, they were *SO* spiritual ...

?

Doglover,

Where it is true, we are saved from "the wrath", we are not saved from tribulation. IMHO, I venture to suspect we have about 2-5 years left before our country and the world starts to melt down spiritually. It's already illegal to quote Bible Verses in the Malls or pray in public settings. (Praying in public settings has always seemed odd to me anyway). Our freedom of speech is all but gone and our wonderful congressional body has made sure we think it odd that anyone reads the Bible.

I was talking with a friend just today. For years I have recited, "No man knows the the times or the seasons which the Father hath put in his own power." Actually, the verse reads,

"It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth".

Several things to notice here. Jesus Christ was talking to the disciples, in their administration. Had he said, "Sorry guys, but I'm not doin' that for a few thousand years, all hell would have broken loose.

IMHO I don't believe we can know the day or even the year and month. But there are some logical indicators to observe.

1. Genesis 6 says:

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Giants are suppose to refer to people who have committed the unforgivable sin Futher examination of the next verse is indicative that the earth was over run by them. God had to clean house or the red thread would break.

2. Genesis 11:1-4

1And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. 2And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. 3And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar. 4And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

It was starting up again. The entire habitation of earth were setting themselves up to saturate humanity with men born of the wrong seed. Had God not confounded them with different languages, the earth would have become overflowing with them again. God fixed that.

3. Today we have the internet and communications at the touch of a finger. Our cultures around the world are waxing worse and worse just like it says in II Tim 3:13: Just think! The Muslims we are fighting are all over 30 years old. You think their children will be Buddhist? Or even desire peace with the west?

3But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

There will come a day when no one else in the world will want to hear or allow themselves to hear the Word taught. At that point, there will be no reason for believers to be around. God does know when that time will be. We can know it won't be long. He didn't forbid that as far as I know.

Granted, it may be not be for another 1000 years but then, if it is, it won't matter a whole hexx of a lot, will it. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will let me know. Probably someone who objects to my paying attention to advanced classes I took.

I'm use to rejection..... I was married 20 years.

Now for you who love prophets of doom, this should be fun to spin on.

How close is it do you know?

Another 1000 years to wait no way you can't be serious!

Where is the promise of his coming ...

Why do people of the WAY and Pass Assoicates of that group get irritated about the Return of Christ is this a AnitChrist Spirit?

I almost didn't reply to this thread but decided this may be the right time to try to convince you that all we have been taught in TWI concerning prophecy and Revelation has been wrong. Actually 99% of Christianity today is wrong concerning Revelation. Most of you will think what I'm about to show you is the craziest thing you have ever heard. I thought the same thing when I 1st started reading about an alternative view of Revelation. It took me 2 years of study to become convinced of this alternative view. I hope you do not just blow this off as some wacked out theory.

OK people are you ready to read something shocking? The gathering together/rapture has already happened! It happened in 70 A.D.

I'm actually laughing as I'm typing this because I know to most of you this will seem like the most wacked-out crazy thing anyone could say regarding prophecy. However it is true regardless.

The book of Revelation has already taken place except for the Satan being released to deceive the nations again Rev 20:7, battle of Gog and Magog Rev 20:8, the final judgement Rev 20:12, and new heavens and earth Rev21.We are now in the 1000 year reign of Christ. A figurative 1000 years not literal. It just means a very long period of time when Christ is reigning from his heavenly throne. This guy thinks we are currently in the period when satan has been released after the 1000 years are finished: http://www.preteristarchive.com/PartialPre...ncan_pp_01.html

The judgments in Revelation which is the wrath of God are concerning judgments on the land of Israel and most likely took place between 66-70 A.D. culminating in the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple (Matt 24:2). These judgments were for rejection of Christ, acceptance of Roman paganism such as emperor worship(image of the beast), persecution of Christians, and a whole slew of other things.

What really got me thinking that the Preterists are correct are a handful of verses such as Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John. Notice the phrase "which must shortly come to pass".

Matt 24: 1,2,3 which describes the destruction of Jerusalem and the coming of Christ/gathering together. It happens at the same time. Matt 24:34 "this generation shall not pass until all these things be fulfilled". This was referring to that generation not some future generation.

Here's another one: Luke 21:20-22 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. That happened in 70 A.D.

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. Notice the phrase "the time is at hand".

I have become what is known as a partial preterist. I believe we are now in the millennial reign of Jesus Christ and may be in the time when Satan has been released(could be figurative in the sense that Christianity is rejected en mass and paganism becomes dominate). The next big event would be Gog and Magog battle, whatever that means, but it is clear the enemies of Christ surround the "camp of the saints." At some point during this time God says " that's all folks" and He destroys the enemies of Christ, then the final judgment(2nd resurrection) and finally a new heavens and earth are created.

There is a lot more to get into but I don't have the time right now. Here is one of the best web sites for preterist study: http://www.preteristarchive.com/ here is another interesting site: http://www.preteristviewpoint.com/id16.html

Btw, The futurist perspective of Revelation, that Revelation will take place in the future, didn't exist in Christianity until the early 1800s and was the result of a so-called "vision" by a British girl.

I almost didn't reply to this thread but decided this may be the right time to try to convince you that all we have been taught in TWI concerning prophecy and Revelation has been wrong. Actually 99% of Christianity today is wrong concerning Revelation. Most of you will think what I'm about to show you is the craziest thing you have ever heard. I thought the same thing when I 1st started reading about an alternative view of Revelation. It took me 2 years of study to become convinced of this alternative view. I hope you do not just blow this off as some wacked out theory.

OK people are you ready to read something shocking? The gathering together/rapture has already happened! It happened in 70 A.D.

I'm actually laughing as I'm typing this because I know to most of you this will seem like the most wacked-out crazy thing anyone could say regarding prophecy. However it is true regardless.

The book of Revelation has already taken place except for the Satan being released to deceive the nations again Rev 20:7, battle of Gog and Magog Rev 20:8, the final judgement Rev 20:12, and new heavens and earth Rev21.We are now in the 1000 year reign of Christ. A figurative 1000 years not literal. It just means a very long period of time when Christ is reigning from his heavenly throne. This guy thinks we are currently in the period when satan has been released after the 1000 years are finished: http://www.preteristarchive.com/PartialPre...ncan_pp_01.html[/url

Wow bro like you are da man. thanks for sharing, what insight. You can make alot of $$$$ sprewing that stuff . Sense you have such insight can to tell me If Mike vick will ever play in the NFL??????

Edited by Captain Spiritural