GreaseSpot Cafe

Who hath bewitched you?

skyrider

I've got a question concerning TWISTING scripture......

Wierwille utilizes the Old Testament account in Malachi to promote and illustrate THE NEED TO TITHE....or else one is stealing from God and DISOBEYING God's standard. Other Old Testament scripture concerning Abraham is also highlighted.

Question: Why didn't wierwille HEED and TEACH and PROMOTE the Old Testament account in Exodus 20:14......Thou shalt not commit adultery.

:asdf:

I quoted a few things to VP when I challanged/confronted him.

His response to what I said (which may or may not have incl. your verse)

What soever things are pure.... think on those things.... to the pure all things are pure....

This made it MY faule I thought it was dirty --- see I wasn't pure enough to "get it"

p.s.

Hi def59!

I think he fell into the same trap as Solomon who having nobody to answer to, hundreds of wives, thinking all that sex was good, he got obsessed with it for a time. He thought it was all pure and good. Interestingly though, Wierwille didn't go as far as Solomon did to worship other gods.

That isn`t a trap to fall into. That is a conscious decision made to indulge in evil behavior. It was also a conscious decision to destroy the non compliant when dissapointed,

So many decisons made to ignore scriptures.

He ignored the biggest injunction of all....Jesus said it was all important...Love God and Love your neighbor....I suppose that is why the fruit of his life was of the flesh.

No trap...just deliberate decisions to ignore our God given responsibilities.

Yes I can believe that his decisions both good and bad were deliberate. But that doesn't mean he wasn't enticed and / or deceived along the way, just like us.

As far as his Godly responsibilities are concerned, he taught the Word for over 40 years, and didn't waiver from a number of sensational truths.