GreaseSpot Cafe

Would you have stayed if-

polar bear

"Bear",

There were a lot of good and godly things and wonderfully loving, giving and talented people during my 20 odd years there. I came to learn the word and to work it and to have a relationship with God! I did that and I since will always be able to keep and maintain that relationship with God; even in spite of the cruelties I endured and I wish had never happened. They did hurt and hindered us all in various ways and to varying degrees. They have had a very profound and pronounced painful impact in our lives even now. The end has not yet been written, so to speak on our end..the free will part of our responsibility. What we do with our lives now to love and to honor God; to heal and to grow will help the scars fade and we can become stronger, continually growing. We can extend our hands to help others escape their trappings, sicknesses and prisons.

The underlying motives, imbalances, and prejudices of mankind are always there in some members of any group, congregation or "cult" and they show themselves when the motives of peoples hearts disintegrate and their personal inadequacies, imbalances, and unresolved issues emerge to the surface and can no longer remain hidden or disguised. The "You can run , but you can't hide" from yourself theory holds some truth here. Their true agenda changes when they are seduced by lusts of the world, it's many greeds, and the narcissism and selfishnesses of some. (I am studying Proverbs chapters 1 to 6 now; so it may color this a little)

At times I was too naive and ill informed to see TWI's underbelly of deceitful (mostly) leadership. A lot of things hurt me and I questioned them mainly on the believing issues concerning Josh's healing. I was asked to leave as I didn't fit into their regimented agenda and would not give my son up to go Corp and to always be able to attend other functions. God lovingly walked me away and stays with me, teaches me, loves and counsels me. He has proven His word to me and Josh. In Him alone do I truly trust. Even when we were secluded the ten years after God has truly blessed and amazed me with His love and comfort and strength.

As hard as many of those years were for me they made me stronger than ever before and I learned from all the challenging times with people many useful life tools and lessens; which perhaps God knew that I needed in my arsenal of godly resources to continually grow and to endure through the rest of my life. Knowing myself,...I am sure that under LCM's reign, had I had more than tapes and magazines only; I would have had more direct exposure to TWI's underbelly and thus would not have stayed. That underbelly exists still. It merely manifests itself differently. When people never grow up right, and carry their damages and imbalances with them they surface eventually. TWI is an empty shell now and those who want to heal God will gently take their hands and walk them out; Perhaps, to be with us here at GreaseSpot Café! Thank You again Paw for this place and all the love you give to keep it available! As someone recently reminded me "What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger"! Thank You!

It seems that we need to teach our children well so they can grow into healthy adults, this would help limit the amount of abominable leaders and others from cropping up with their destructive evils. If in our lives now we take away God's Word and God and apply it toward helping each other heal so that we don't get caught in the same snares they did and all the other snares set for us in this life; then perhaps the affects and effects inflicted by TWI or any other sources will be diminished and some even be demolished!

Great Post Rainbow! Spoken like a true and beautiful Rainbow. :eusa_clap:

You are surely Welcome my dear dear friend!

It is a great thread. It gives us all a chance to reflect back and assess our gains as well as their benifits; and to not only examine our loses but the ways we have healed and grown.

Rainbow.jpg

:eusa_clap: :wub: love you, rainbowgirl!

================================================================================

=====================

That's how I picture Eyes and Dooj.... up there with bulwinkl.... I hear there's going to reduce him to mousse or something. Don't let those smiling faces fool you, bul! ;)

Edited by anotherDan

What Waysider said.... and

If the leadership had realized that my son needed ADHD medication and some counselling, and had treated him with love and respect and compassion, rather than labelling him possessed and treating him like dirt on their shoes.

If they had minded their own business and stayed out of my marriage.

If WC had treated us like brothers and sisters rather than slaves.

If leadership had recognized that our "earthly families" were just as important as they were to our lives.

If they had taught that Jesus Christ is the savior of mankind, not LCM or VPW (IMO).

And like most, we had NO idea about the sexual improprietries that went on. That in itself would have been an excellent reason to leave.

And I don't think I could have stayed anyway. To much pressure after I was diagnosed with diabetes.

WG

WG:

Sorry to hear about your diabetes. Same reasons I had for leaving.

Eagle

Would you have stayed in twi-

If Dr. Wierwille had been an honest to goodness believer, and was true to his wife, and not into making money, nor heavy drinking and was into changing anything he found out was wrong in the doctrine taught by the way.

And if he had turned it over to a honest to goodness minister after he wanted to retire. If there is such a thing.

(Boy that's a lot of stuff)

To answer your question, pb, I guess I would NOT have stayed. I thought he was all that, and I left anyway. :unsure: