GreaseSpot Cafe

How to start your own cult...

Outfield

Humorous post outfield very humorous:

Years ago when the roof fell in on this Assemblies church I was attending, I walked out the door and as a friend of mine was leaving this is what he said, " Well (smirk smirk), we can go start our own place just like that one, all we need is a prophet, priest and King. I want to be King he said, laughing. " He was joking of course.

I sent that cult clip to a childhood friend of mine who many years ago joined L. Ron Hubbard’s Sci-Fi group, and asked him to respond. He lives in Scientology heaven, Glendale, CA. I think a lot of what was shown in the clip he might relate to...if he would watch it.

I don’t think he will, because that would mean he would have to respond to his old friend Bump...and that discussion would lead to...aaah... a slight altercation :biglaugh: , of balancing our thoughts together vs. his eventual escape from family and cult “friends”.

Also, he and his wife are pretty high up there in the old org., so I think escape would be too painful. Too much time and money invested, the same old story. I figure, he would probably have to leave town & divorce because she’s really into cruise & ravolta and the level 42 show! :eusa_clap:

It’s the psychology of manipulation that interests me with regard to the (young) victims inherent weaknesses. Childhood insecurity, rejecting family, leading to cutting yourself off & selling yourself out to cult directives in the new "family".

Like the business it really is, the cult organization must be adept, at exploiting those weaknesses right from the start and play a substitution role for rejected family & friends...? Then comes the old money question! <_<

It's actually quite interesting.