GreaseSpot Cafe

Labor Day Eternal

skyrider

On this Labor Day......I want to thank each and everyone of you who labored [past tense] and labor [now] IN love and offer a helping hand by coming to GS.

Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.

When I set aside twi's corporate machinery FOCUSING SOLELY on the heart and labor of so many during my past and post-twi days.......reflection on the giving, the laughs, the craziness, and the tender times gives me pause for a heart of thankfulness.

So, on this "day of rest"........thank you one and all for your blood, sweat, and tears to join THE FORCE OF GOOD to uplift mankind. How many hearts did you open to the Scriptures? How many eyes that were blind can now see the Lord Jesus and his accomplishments? How many burdens did you carry through the years with a deep passion to help others? The answer to these questions......I don't know, but God Almighty does.

Thank you WOWs......for going forth into the unknown, leaving behind family and friends and college and jobs. May the Lord God always look on your heart.

Thank you Adv. Class grads......for wanting to learn more to serve better. Our God is an awesome God who reigns in heaven above to strengthen your every step.

Thank you Corps......for your resolve to face adversity and hardship, expecting this training to facilitate your walk in Christ. May God continue to open doors before you and honor your commitment and calling to serve others.

It is my intent that this thread stay "on the HIGH ROAD" of Labor Day Eternal......and not detour towards the dirt roads of destruction. Clearly, my abundant postings have stated my views regarding "the side-roads, back-alleys and spin-outs" that kept many of us from that high road eternal.

Today is set aside to rest from that labor.....and I intend to enjoy it.

And, when "resting"........my heart swells with thanksgiving for SO MANY HERE who post thought-provoking logic, sound doctrine, silly jokes, helpful links, and comforting words. Hopefully, Paw is resting and enjoying his day as well.

Today, I choose NOT to squabble over any issue at GS.

Today, I just want to say THANK YOU.

:)

On this Labor Day......I want to thank each and everyone of you who labored [past tense] and labor [now] IN love and offer a helping hand by coming to GS.

When I set aside twi's corporate machinery FOCUSING SOLELY on the heart and labor of so many during my past and post-twi days.......reflection on the giving, the laughs, the craziness, and the tender times gives me pause for a heart of thankfulness.

So, on this "day of rest"........thank you one and all for your blood, sweat, and tears to join THE FORCE OF GOOD to uplift mankind. How many hearts did you open to the Scriptures? How many eyes that were blind can now see the Lord Jesus and his accomplishments? How many burdens did you carry through the years with a deep passion to help others? The answer to these questions......I don't know, but God Almighty does.

Thank you WOWs......for going forth into the unknown, leaving behind family and friends and college and jobs. May the Lord God always look on your heart.

Thank you Adv. Class grads......for wanting to learn more to serve better. Our God is an awesome God who reigns in heaven above to strengthen your every step.

Thank you Corps......for your resolve to face adversity and hardship, expecting this training to facilitate your walk in Christ. May God continue to open doors before you and honor your commitment and calling to serve others.

It is my intent that this thread stay "on the HIGH ROAD" of Labor Day Eternal......and not detour towards the dirt roads of destruction. Clearly, my abundant postings have stated my views regarding "the side-roads, back-alleys and spin-outs" that kept many of us from that high road eternal.

Today is set aside to rest from that labor.....and I intend to enjoy it.

And, when "resting"........my heart swells with thanksgiving for SO MANY HERE who post thought-provoking logic, sound doctrine, silly jokes, helpful links, and comforting words. Hopefully, Paw is resting and enjoying his day as well.

Today, I choose NOT to squabble over any issue at GS.

Today, I just want to say THANK YOU.

:)

Wow, Skyrider. Thank you so much for posting such beautiful, annointed words! I can't even find the words to express how much they touch my heart. The word that comes to mind is a very hearty and heartfelt

AMEN!

Edited by wrdsandwrks

Skyrider & Words and works:

I saw an interesting post here at GS that said this was not a "Christian website", I think the author's point was that it was that the main focus here was for exTWI people to re-intergrate with society. GS probably is many things to many people.

Curiously, from my vantage point, there isnt a place that I know of, where its easier to say how you feel about Christian topics (in my case) or religious topics in general. I think that's because no one feels threatened here at GS with others views, since GS people in general are quick in general to think before they embrace anything. This makes GS people healthy and sharp.

Your thoughts?

Thank You Skyrider, :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

For this thread and your insight and acknowledgment of the spiritually aspects of laboring. You said it all so well may I just sign with you under what you wrote? Thank you to everyone who is and has laboured in the the Lord or for Him!

Thank You, RG

Edited by RainbowsGirl

i guess that counts me out

Excie, I'd like to say, don't be so quick to count yourself out. I see plenty of "laboring"in the Lord" in what you do here. You're alway blessing people with your insight and wit and standing up for people who may be down. Thanks for all you do here.

Excie, I'd like to say, don't be so quick to count yourself out. I see plenty of "laboring"in the Lord" in what you do here. You're alway blessing people with your insight and wit and standing up for people who may be down. Thanks for all you do here.

Absolutely, Excie.......you're very much IN.

And, don't worry about bringing your "nametag" to lunch at The Cafe.......it's not needed.

:wink2: