GreaseSpot Cafe

What I said to 2 JWs at my door today...

thankgodifinallywokeup

My Uncle (my moms brother), who lived in Northern Idaho before he died with cancer, was a JW. But one thing he didn't do was try to convert my folks and myself or my sisters into becomming JW's.

When JW's come to my mom's and I's apartment I may get a little carried away and unload on them. I remember 1 time some came around and wanted to witness, but i cut them off. I told them it was thier mind set of not wanting to go to doctors for a lot of different illneses and belive in the power of God that kept my Uncle from going to the doctor untill it was to late to treat him.

Not saying that I'm that way with all of them or Mormon's, I'm not really. I have a few friends that are JW's and Mormons. It's just the ones that want to try to push what they belive onto other people that I do get mad at.

Like thier belife in not getting blood transfusions if it's the only thing that will help a person. On lady JW said the reason they don't get blood transfusions is that the life is in the blood and that's why they don't get them, cause it wouldn't be thier blood and most of them don't belive in giving blood if it means saving themselfs.

A couple of girls from a local Jehovan's Witness church have come by my home a few times. They are nice enough and I have discussed a few things with them. I told them I was a bible student and a part time bible teacher. There was no argument regarding this after I showed them a few scriptures and listened to what they had to say. They gave me a pamphlet the last time I talked with them and I told them that I would read it and give them my honest evaluation. They pamphlet had some good biblical information. For example, the dead are not alive now. Jesus is not actually God, but the son of God and second to God in authority. However, I found some serious problems with this denomination in the area of false prophecies. The Jehovah's Witness denomination used to be aligned with The Seventh Day Adventist at the turn of the 19th century and the late 1800s. Like the Seventh Day Adventists they are really into end times chronology. Nothing wrong with that. I have studied the books of Daniel and Revelation myself with a couple of Seventh Day Adventists who were part of our weekly bible study group for a while. The problem is, is that the Jehovah's Witnesses going back to the late 1800s and early 1900s have made a number of predictions as to the actual year that Jesus Christ would return and set up his millenial kingdom. Oh boy what a mistake and I am chuckling now as I write. As we know from Acts chapter 1 Jesus Christ specificially told his disciples that we would not know when the Lord Jesus would return to set up his kingdom, but that it would come unexpected. So what have the Jehovah's Witness leaders done for the last hundred years or so that is crazy and wrong? They have made a number of predictions as to the year that Jesus would return and been, as expected, wrong with every single prediction. To make matters worse after making the errant predictions instead of coming clean and saying they were wrong. Saying we are sorry for our errant predictions and we won't do this ever again. Instead of that they have simply covered up their errors and then lied about this to God's people. And now my friends we are talking about outright false prophecies by the leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses. One year, I forgot which. They were so embarrassed about their false prophecies and because of their pride so felt the need to cover up their error that they said that the the millenial Kingdom of the Lord Jesus where he rules the world with all nations subject to him had actually begun in secret. Now if that is not insane I don't know what is. With all the wars, murders and injustice of this world to say that Jesus Christ now rules as the king of the nations is the height of foolishness. I do believe that some day Jesus will return and set up his millenial kingdom and have all nations and rulers subject to him, but when this happens. We will see and people will experience what is not taking place on earth now. Namely there will be peace, justice and goodwill towards all men and there will be no wars during Jesus' millenial kingdom. If you want to know what to tell a Jehovah's Witness the next time one comes to your home just click on one of the links below. I have even printed these and will give them copies the next time I see them.

http://www.cftf.com/booklets/jwslisten/prophecies.htm

http://www.chick.com/reading/books/135/135_02.asp

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

Here's a strange twist for you.

About a month ago, I opened a hand addressed, first class postage, envelope that was addressed to me.

Inside was a handwritten letter addressed to me. I am looking at it as I post.

Here is some of the first paragraph:

" I am engaged in a volunteer Christian ministry that is being done in 235 countries.

We were unable to speak with you personally, but I would like to share an encouraging thought with you."

It goes on to talk about paradise on Earth and quotes IS.55:11 and Psalms 37:29.

Enclosed were two tracts.

One was titled All Suffering Soon to End and the other was Would You Like To Know More About The Bible?.

I have to give this one an A+ for novelty.

Not only did the person have to buy the tracts, but she spent the cost of a first class stamp to send it to me.

Waysider -- Here's an answer for you about that.

And those handwritten first class letters? They count a lot of "time" for those, and they save them hours on the concrete out in the cold or the heat...so that's why you get those.

Oh my, the hours spent, all wasted.

Of course now I waste them in other ways but at least I enjoy myself more.

:)

Was I mean to them or is it good for them to hear it straight?

I don't think you were mean but you seemed a bit snobbish.

I would love to speak with JW to share with them the truth I learned in TWI that Christians are saved by Gods grace, through faith; not by works.

JW believe in salvation by works and maybe they won't accept it now, but maybe someday they will.

Then I would proceed to praise God for all the scriptures we do agree on. Jesus Christ is not God, dead are dead, homosexuality is sin, etc etc.

There's plenty to discuss without being condescending.

Hello everyone,

On a scale of 1-10, how mean do you think I was today to the 2 JWs at my door?

My only regret was not saying, "Hey, guys, get a life! Don't you work all week! What are you 2 doing walking around trying to convert new JWs so the JW HQ can collect more tithes?"

But, I didn't. They said they wanted to talk to me today about the Bible. Noticed they were wearing their Sunday shoes, shined, nice longsleeved dress shirts, pants, and ties. It's 85 degrees today. I said, "No thanks, I've already been in a cult."

"Which one were you in?" they asked.

"The Way International," I said.

Scanned the Bible in closest one's hand and saw a WatchTower hanging out. Then asked, "Which one are you in, Jehovah's Witnesses?"

"Yes, we are in JWs, but we're not in a cult..." Big smiles.

I cut them off, "Well that's great, have a good afternoon." I felt good as I shut the door.

My reasoning: I've already spent more time with cults than I care to think about and there is just no more of me to give. I just don't have time for it.

Honesty feels good. Was I mean to them or is it good for them to hear it straight?

Nope... You weren't mean to them. You were straight in your response. I would have been meaner: I would have said, "Well that's great, have a good afternoon and go kiss your mothers' behind".

JW's are so much more full of it than TWI. Leaving TWI for JW would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.