GreaseSpot Cafe

At the Man of God's feet

waysider

VP sensed my dilemna somehow, and tapped me with his foot and said, "Go on to work, and work heartlily as unto the Lord." He was very kind. I very sleepily and awkwardly got up and left. I heard afterterwards, that somebody got reamed for falling asleep during the same meeting, right after I left. Go figure.

Sitting at his feet meant different things to different people. Sometimes it was good and kind, othertimes not. That is the thing that is so hard to figure.....

That is a strange dichotomy isnt it? It was things like this that caused a lot of people to really believe that he was walking by the spirit.

I never sat at the masters feet while in the Corps. We just listened to voices coming out of the walls.

I never sat at the masters feet while in the Corps. We just listened to voices coming out of the walls.

Were the walls breathing as well...? :evildenk:

"Oh Wendy! Heres-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s Johnny!"

Sorry - now I can't get "The Shining" out of my head....

My Corps got to sit at the Master's feet.

It was at those Sunday morning fellowships in the BRC. People came in off staff and from out of town and filled the little place. There were chairs along the walls but the in rez Corps were expected to sit on the carpet and it was forbidden to sit on the chairs. So lots of people acquired a sort of little legless chair. just a backrest really, which made sitting at the master's feet a little easier. But we were still on the floor in the middle.

Well anyway where else should a doormat be, except on the floor?