GreaseSpot Cafe

Roots of Division among People

cman

God first

Beloved Cman

God loves you my dear friend

I say man is not incapable of choosing God just some do not think they need too

yes "There are many Christian groups that disagree with this interpretation of the Bible and of Augustine" the hate come when they think they must fight over their disagreement

The Way Ministry did this "A hate group is an organized group or movement that advocates hate, hostility, or violence towards members of a race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or other designated sector of society,"

everybody wants to be right but what if all are only part right

being right means little but being loved means great

there a lot on hate and hate groups out there but too must to read right now

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Hi Roy, I don't mean to focus primarily on this all the time.

But as an addition to our ever widening view.

Certainly Love is most important.

But also understanding this that is called 'hate',

I think can better our capacity to see,

and go beyond our current limits of perception.

God first

Beloved Cman

God loves you my dear friend

yes my friend you are right

understanding hate helps us learn to love better like understanding death better helps us live better

both sides of the coin are there and needed

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_depravity

Hate group doctrine result from Wikipedia.

cman,

funny that at the same time I was reading your link to "total depravity" my wife asked me to look up a word that she was wondering about in her reading; Ecumenism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecumenism

The main split in Christainity is between Arminian and Calvinism Theology. Arminians believe in "free will" putting the blame on mankind, whereas Calvinists believe in "predestination" putting the blame on God.

VPW prescribed to the Arminian view.

At any rate within Christian theology there is must be a comming to terms with these two opposites.

There is a popular one out now that holds that God does not know the future, and does not know how this is all ging to turn out.........but I can't remember the name of that group.

Theology is what sepperates while spirituality unites us all.

Knowledge puffeth up, charity edifieth.

Doctrine becomes an idol, that keeps us in a little box, that is either outgrown in time, or becomes part of our constitution that we will never allow outselves to outgrow.

I dunno.. I think it's partly due to proposed thought that the same kind of energy, or whatever we are fundamentally made of, repels.

It's a love/hate relationship we all seem to share..

Perhaps religion just gives it a rational explanation. Maybe it is an "adornment" to our already fragile identity.

Theology is what sepperates while spirituality unites us all.

Knowledge puffeth up, charity edifieth.

Doctrine becomes an idol, that keeps us in a little box, that is either outgrown in time, or becomes part of our constitution that we will never allow outselves to outgrow.

"wowser"..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience

We are spiritual beings having a human experience

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

• 3 months later...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_depravity

Hate group doctrine result from Wikipedia.

yeah your considered a hatemonger if you dissagree with the coran, if you dont like the alquida(al kida) or however its spelled religion, if you preach christ to a jewish person, if you disagree with anyones religion no matter how violent it is or how many poeple it results in the murder of, yeah well GOD gave me free will,i live in a free country,and i am very vocal, and if they want to call me a hatemonger i dont care!!!!