GreaseSpot Cafe

What is Life to you right now?

year2027

God first

Beloved all

God loves you my dear friends

What is Life to you right now?

ok I will begin most of time life is just watching TV but it picks up when I visit this board or one of the many other boards I visit

this board is family to me

then there my time I visit each one of my sisters, dad, cousins and friends which I do every week on differ days

now there are a few people I call on the phone

there a little chatting too I do

the stores I visit to look and talk

for me life is about family and my family is many parts and kinds

family of blood line

family of flesh-kind

family of spiritual-kind

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your ways Roy

roy

i am 59 yo

i retired in 1995

almost 13 years

i love my life

and should i say my wife!!! i sure do

tonite i am going to watch frosty the snow man!!

just a big kid

gosh i love life\

although i don't hear from my 4 sons as often as i would like to they give me great pleasure and pride."tell me not in mournful numbers'life is but a dream'

life is real,life is earnest

and the grave is not it's goal

dust thou art and dust returnith

is not spoken of the soul"

henry wadsworth longfellow

enjoy the season!!

(((((Roy)))))

I have reconnected with old friends, made new friends and am experiencing incredible blessings in all aspects of my life.

I wake up each morning ever so thankful for all that I am and all that I have. Part of that is my family of Greasespotters. :love3: I know beyond the shadow of a doubt (is that the right way to say that?) that I would not be where I am today if it were not for everyone who freely gives of their time and insight here.

I've been in professional therapy for years but there is something that those who have actually been in the same situation and some even with the same people can provide that even the best of therapists can not provide.

God first

Beloved coolchef and Belle

God loves you my dear friend

coolchef - 13 years that a long time I bet you two have some special days -- I love life too and I am a big kid too at times - four sons that is great - you have blessed me thanks

Belle - thanks for the hugs - I have too "reconnected with old friends, made new friends" nor would I be if "where I am today if it were not for everyone who freely gives of their time and insight here. " you have blessed me too thanks

thank you

[i've been in professional therapy for years but there is something that those who have actually been in the same situation and some even with the same people can provide that even the best of therapists can not provide.

amen sista. I'm about to start another bout of therapy. it's time. sharing experiences with people on GS has brought me to a point where I even have a handle on some things that evaded me the last time I did mental health work.

mostly my life is about my kids. the damage they sustained because of twi and because my ex was and still is really screwed up has taken most of my time and energy for the past year. things are getting better though.

I now have my family back since leaving twi.

I have a couple of friends but I fear it will never be easy to trust people or make friends. too much waybrain still, I guess. I only had a couple of real friends the whole time I was in twi because I took lcm's doctrines seriously about not needing outsiders, but most people didn't like the real me and were always trying to change me. it was hard to consider outsiders for friends at first, too, but I ended up marrying one :)

Life is very good. I remain very thankful for my babies, both are healthy and strong women, both are growing and learning and figuring it out and mostly think they're mom is pretty terrific.

We have a place to live, no one is hungry, my very very small group of trusted family and friends support me way past what I deserve. I get to hang out every day with a 14 year old freshman kid at the high school with "disabilities" and they pay me a few bucks to do so.

I get to laugh every single day, I get to play every single day, I get to make decisions that sometimes don't work out so great and then I get a do-over once in awhile. I get to walk out of my front door and go where I choose.

I think this life is pretty dang good!

Since this is in About The Way, I am not sure I fit here, as that experience hasn't altered what is or isn't today, save for the death of my husband, of course.

I'm thankful for my years hanging with The Way and I take from it much learning what not to do and how not to treat people.

I believe we are where we are supposed to be and we experience what we are supposed to at the time. I would not change anything or any experience I've been afforded in or out of The Way.

Yeah, life is good and I'm extremely lucky and blessed.

God first

Beloved potato and Shellon

potato - its blesses me that you have your family back - yes its hard to trust people and make friends outside the safely of the net I deal with that too

Shellon - children are a blessing - hanging out and helping "disabilities" kid is a great thing to do - seems you have learnt alot - yes you are lucky and blessed and we are blessed to have you

thank you

Life to me right now...

Is building a future with my husband

Learning how to feel and love more deeply

Seeing our marriage get better and better

Getting to spend time with my family

Watching my dad get better

My mister's (husband hehe) family finally starting to accept me!

Seeing people for who they really are

Buying a house where I've always wanted to live

Moving closer to my cousin and her mister (finally - someone our age to spend time with!)

Things were so dismal - but things are finally... SLOWLY... working out.

God first

Beloved GrouchoMarxJr and Nero

GrouchoMarxJr - yes George Aar has a wild life the next movie

Nero - yes we are building things while we learn, see better days, becoming closer, because all things work in the end somehow

thank you