GreaseSpot Cafe

A dream I had

I dreamed I found a hairball in my bedroom carpet about the size of a golf ball. It looked so repulsive to me I got a potholder to pick it up. When I lifted it up, I saw underneath was a mother mouse and babies in a nest. My first reaction was to grab it all up and throw it in trash. But, as I observed the babies move I had compassion on them as living creatures and put them all carefully back in their nest and put each baby back close to its mom. I then repaired the nest. They didn’t ask to be mice. They were born that way. Yet, I didn’t want mice in my house because they will multiply within it. So I determined to let them live, care for them tenderly, and put them outside later where they could be healthy and prosper. Then I woke up.

Translation: people are what they are. A living soul is valuable to God. He doesn’t look at social convention or standards. God looks on the heart and doesn’t see the same way man does. Whatever spiritual understanding we may think we have, God’s heart is enormously larger than ours. He loves what may seem repugnant to us. God is love. It is His essence. Even though man sinned and needed salvation, even though man was inferior to His standards, He lovingly provided a way. Even though our behavior and attitudes are repugnant to His ways at times, He has compassion on us to care for us and show us the way to righteousness. He cleaned us up and made us beloved and acceptable. He declared us not guilty of being mice in His house and allows us to be with Him anyway. Jesus scooped us all up (that believe) and put us back in the nest, gently guiding each back to its mom (God). Maybe we can have some of that same compassion for each other without regard for outward appearances or even behavior. And just maybe, without regard for what we receive. It is easy to hate. It takes something more to love someone as is.

The Mirror of Me

In a dream I looked into a pool and what I saw was me,

But in a gentler version of what we really see.

I was then shown, this pool really does reflect,

Every one I chance to meet, in all things that exist.

As I go about my day, do I see the piece of me,

that lives in everyone I meet, in every bird and tree?

It's hard some days to see myself in beggar and in thief,

In Gossip and in Poverty as I pass it on the street.

Compassion is the key, how would it be if it was me?

Would I hope to get a smile from everyone I see?

Or would I like them to scorn and scold me for my mistake,

and pass me as so many did, leaving judgment in their wake?

Since I am a piece of God, and walk the Beauty way,

I must help myself up off the street and give encouragement away.

To give a smile.. ... You can do It... I can understand,

I can help...what can I do...give a helping hand.

For in the ripples of the pool the reflection is You I see.

It's hard to tell but I now know that you're a part of me.

God has a Great Reflecting Pool, and as he looks Within,

In His Great Wisdom sees me inside of Him.

He treats me gently like a child, no matter what mistakes I make,

And all He asks in return is that I might do the same.

Marianne Goldweber

Translation: people are what they are. A living soul is valuable to God. He doesn’t look at social convention or standards. God looks on the heart and doesn’t see the same way man does. Whatever spiritual understanding we may think we have, God’s heart is enormously larger than ours. He loves what may seem repugnant to us. God is love. It is His essence. Even though man sinned and needed salvation, even though man was inferior to His standards, He lovingly provided a way. Even though our behavior and attitudes are repugnant to His ways at times, He has compassion on us to care for us and show us the way to righteousness. He cleaned us up and made us beloved and acceptable. He declared us not guilty of being mice in His house and allows us to be with Him anyway. Jesus scooped us all up (that believe) and put us back in the nest, gently guiding each back to its mom (God). Maybe we can have some of that same compassion for each other without regard for outward appearances or even behavior. And just maybe, without regard for what we receive. It is easy to hate. It takes something more to love someone as is.

A wonderful thing that has happened in our lives is that we have learned to love as God has loved us.

Your nick made me think of the story of my wifes life. Her and her sister grew up in an orphanage starting at a tender age of 9. They where taken into a foster home at 14 and the foster mother had a mental break down. They where brought to the school principles office and told that they where being "removed" from the foster house. The sister remarked......"removed like a spot on a rug?"

In the midst of the cruel world, Sarah learned to love and continues to see reconciliation. We are visiting an uncle for Christmas that she has not seen in 25 years. I'm very excited to see things come full circle in her life! To see the soul healed. To be a part of reconciliation!

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for quoting my work..

Rev. Marianne Goldweber

Spiritualist Minister

A Village Personal and Spiritual Development Center

Cleveland, Ohio

The Mirror of Me

In a dream I looked into a pool and what I saw was me,

But in a gentler version of what we really see.

I was then shown, this pool really does reflect,

Every one I chance to meet, in all things that exist.

As I go about my day, do I see the piece of me,

that lives in everyone I meet, in every bird and tree?

It's hard some days to see myself in beggar and in thief,

In Gossip and in Poverty as I pass it on the street.

Compassion is the key, how would it be if it was me?

Would I hope to get a smile from everyone I see?

Or would I like them to scorn and scold me for my mistake,

and pass me as so many did, leaving judgment in their wake?

Since I am a piece of God, and walk the Beauty way,

I must help myself up off the street and give encouragement away.

To give a smile.. ... You can do It... I can understand,

I can help...what can I do...give a helping hand.

For in the ripples of the pool the reflection is You I see.

It's hard to tell but I now know that you're a part of me.

God has a Great Reflecting Pool, and as he looks Within,

In His Great Wisdom sees me inside of Him.

He treats me gently like a child, no matter what mistakes I make,

And all He asks in return is that I might do the same.

Marianne Goldweber

I dreamed I found a hairball in my bedroom carpet about the size of a golf ball. It looked so repulsive to me I got a potholder to pick it up. When I lifted it up, I saw underneath was a mother mouse and babies in a nest. My first reaction was to grab it all up and throw it in trash. But, as I observed the babies move I had compassion on them as living creatures and put them all carefully back in their nest and put each baby back close to its mom. I then repaired the nest. They didn’t ask to be mice. They were born that way. Yet, I didn’t want mice in my house because they will multiply within it. So I determined to let them live, care for them tenderly, and put them outside later where they could be healthy and prosper. Then I woke up.

Is it possible.. we are all connected, one way or another..

Sometimes I hope.. "things" that are greater than me look on me with the same compassion..