GreaseSpot Cafe

Bought a car on Ebay

ex70sHouston

Won the auction. Flew out to Denver last weekend and drove it the 895 miles back home.

How about a 97 GMC Jimmy with every option but 4 wheel drive and leather seats for $2750.00. One door ding and I an smell pipe smoke in the car. only 88400 miles.

Every one thought I was nuts. It is a great car. Got 22 mpg on the way home.

Check it out for some good deals. Just read everything in the ads and check the sellers feedback. Most of the sellers have sold lots of cars.

A co-worker here got a sweet BMW for a song off Ebay. Flew out to TX one week-end and drove it back.

If you do your homework (www.carfax.com) and research on the buyer's reputation you can get a good deal.

Ron, that guy is right around the corner from me and I'm sorry, but that car is fugly!

We got a 1987 Porsche 924S for $600 on eBay.

Yes - it runs. (I should say "ran" because we sold it this last fall.)

It was a good deal and a fun car. We were going to restore it but just didn't have time or money to do it - especially after storm damage to the house, so we sold it.

You can find some great deals - use wisdom, tho. If it's too good to be true - IT IS!