GreaseSpot Cafe

talk about resurfacing!

cheranne

the feeling i felt after years of having left twi was as if my mind was under ice. such as to a victim who ice dives and the oxygen cuts off,like a freak accident,the victim looks for an opening while struggling to survive,and dependeing on the depth of the dive results in whether he will make it to the exit cut in te ice above. Under ice hypothermia can set in very easily if the conditionals are at the slightest bit altered or tampered with causing the BODY temperature to slow down but still function enough to survive in a coma like state. In this situation the victim may see the opening exit but,not be able to get their because of hypothernmia. i say all this top get to the point which is very hard to understand yet explain to one who has never experianced being involved in an alternative religion,cult whatever you may call it. now,i know their are books about cults and what they believe but few take you down thru the eyes of one captured,by the bait of TWI the lures and hooks that leave scars deep down in your soul,that only time can heal. websters define hypothermia as subnormal body temperature or the ARTIFICIAL REDUCTION OF BODY TEMPERATURE TO SLOW METABOLIC PROCESSES,usualy to assist the progress of HEART SURGERY.I believe this is a better description of what brainwashing realy is in this case. do you want to hear more?

I could read all kinds of books on childbirth, take classes, even witness and assist in the actual process.

But, as a man, I can never REALLY understand what a woman goes through, not just physically but emotionally as well.

So it is with cults.

People can read books and learn a great deal about cults and how they work, but if they have never been "trapped under the ice", searching for a passageway to freedom, there is still a certain element that will evade their understanding.

Great post Oklahoma, and welcome to Grease Spot! Your hypothermia analogy is dead on for describing the numbing effect of the TWI mindset…Not long after joining Grease Spot - while watching The Matrix again – I was struck by a weird analogy. The Thomas Anderson/Neo character was me – asleep in a make-believe worldview fabricated by TWI – and what kept the whole thing going was their parasitic system that lived off the collective energy of its members. And it's quite a shock to the old noggin when, for whatever reason, you're jolted into reality.

And yes, the experience can leave some deep scars. That's one of the reasons I come to Grease Spot – which for me is sometimes like a CSI episode – through a collective effort we sort through the convoluted issues, emotions and experiences and try to make sense of things. My ongoing prayer for everyone who frequents here is for healing, understanding, and growth.

Great post Oklahoma, and welcome to Grease Spot! Your hypothermia analogy is dead on for describing the numbing effect of the TWI mindset…Not long after joining Grease Spot - while watching The Matrix again – I was struck by a weird analogy. The Thomas Anderson/Neo character was me – asleep in a make-believe worldview fabricated by TWI – and what kept the whole thing going was their parasitic system that lived off the collective energy of its members. And it's quite a shock to the old noggin when, for whatever reason, you're jolted into reality.

And yes, the experience can leave some deep scars. That's one of the reasons I come to Grease Spot – which for me is sometimes like a CSI episode – through a collective effort we sort through the convoluted issues, emotions and experiences and try to make sense of things. My ongoing prayer for everyone who frequents here is for healing, understanding, and growth.

thanks t bone,i wish i knew about the grease spot a long time ago,it would have saved on therapy bills,i only have the internet because my kids got it and i broke free of my 8track and eagles takes the long way home. i am pretty old school!

thanks t bone,i wish i knew about the grease spot a long time ago,it would have saved on therapy bills,i only have the internet because my kids got it and i broke free of my 8track and eagles takes the long way home. i am pretty old school!

I'm old school too – all this computer stuff is just the way things work now…I think we could work up an analogy with old school appeal – like how TWI screwed with your head being similar to how 8 Track Players eat a tape – it gets all crinkled up and doesn't work right after that. :biglaugh:

I'm old school too – all this computer stuff is just the way things work now…I think we could work up an analogy with old school appeal – like how TWI screwed with your head being similar to how 8 Track Players eat a tape – it gets all crinkled up and doesn't work right after that. :biglaugh:

yeah,sometimes it was like word searching everything like i was in a landmine field,no way to live like that ! i think that is why i write in symbolism so much? whatever works to help you .

I think im damaged, special maybe a little different.

I can only wonder what life is like for those who do not think the way i do.

I have friends and when i get paranoid they say who are you talking to?

but i hope they care anyways.

the largest damage was with my isters and family I see it now and it hurts.

it is a bulet they can use against me at any time and i lose.

I do not pray they will understand me, I do not understand it all myself, i just pray i do not return the hurt back at them.

twi taught me a lesson that people are capable of hurting one another so deeply and badly it can last a life time.

and instead of needing to "vent" about how i came to believe this fact of life I want to focus on never being that person to anyone eles.

a truth seeker pays a high price.. truth and freedom cost. I often wonder if it is worth it still.

but now i know no other way to live or think.

i question everyone and everything now and seek my truth, do you have any idea how many in this world do not think this way?

I think im damaged, special maybe a little different.

I can only wonder what life is like for those who do not think the way i do.

I have friends and when i get paranoid they say who are you talking to?

but i hope they care anyways.

the largest damage was with my isters and family I see it now and it hurts.

it is a bulet they can use against me at any time and i lose.

I do not pray they will understand me, I do not understand it all myself, i just pray i do not return the hurt back at them.

twi taught me a lesson that people are capable of hurting one another so deeply and badly it can last a life time.

and instead of needing to "vent" about how i came to believe this fact of life I want to focus on never being that person to anyone eles.

a truth seeker pays a high price.. truth and freedom cost. I often wonder if it is worth it still.

but now i know no other way to live or think.

i question everyone and everything now and seek my truth, do you have any idea how many in this world do not think this way?

Ihear that pond,have you got a chance to look at my symbolic thinking...a three hour tour,you are NOT alone in this!

Brainwashing... They sure did a good job.. Hard for me to even recall what I thought before TWI...

Almost like a movie I just got through watching.. Bourne Ultimatim. Near the very end, Bourne finally finds the place where all his training began. Finally recalling just a glimpse of the begnning. The traiining that took his life from who he was, David Webb, into a completely new identity. He only wanted to help America, he agreed to volunteer for the training. Only when it was all said and done, he became someone he never wanted to be, an assassin majored in killing whoever the government wanted. Sure, he agreed to train, but he though he was training to help. And then to be pressured into killing with them quoting his own words back at him, "You said you wanted to help America, you said you wanted to make America better...."..

Yup.. We said we wanted to understand the scriptures, do God's will, or any number of Green card promises, all the while they pressured us to take one more step under submission. And before long, we became reborn!

"Look at us. Look at what they make you give." were Bourne's final words as he jumped off the building...

Great movie! You're missing a classic.. But, it has some great parallels in those last 10 minutes that really made me recall back then.. Back when the training really began in TWI!

• 2 weeks later...

Brainwashing... They sure did a good job.. Hard for me to even recall what I thought before TWI...

Almost like a movie I just got through watching.. Bourne Ultimatim. Near the very end, Bourne finally finds the place where all his training began. Finally recalling just a glimpse of the begnning. The traiining that took his life from who he was, David Webb, into a completely new identity. He only wanted to help America, he agreed to volunteer for the training. Only when it was all said and done, he became someone he never wanted to be, an assassin majored in killing whoever the government wanted. Sure, he agreed to train, but he though he was training to help. And then to be pressured into killing with them quoting his own words back at him, "You said you wanted to help America, you said you wanted to make America better...."..

Yup.. We said we wanted to understand the scriptures, do God's will, or any number of Green card promises, all the while they pressured us to take one more step under submission. And before long, we became reborn!

"Look at us. Look at what they make you give." were Bourne's final words as he jumped off the building...

Great movie! You're missing a classic.. But, it has some great parallels in those last 10 minutes that really made me recall back then.. Back when the training really began in TWI!

[/ SOME movies make me feel that way too,like awakenings,it s just hits us all differant,BUT ISN'T IT STRANGE HOW WE ALL STOPPED OUR LIVES TO LIVE FOR TWI we are all getting out at differant thought but if they wired us up to an machine if their was one we would all bleed the same blood. symbolically speaking that is.