GreaseSpot Cafe

Undershepherding

waysider

Ever think about what undershepherding was really all about?

Here's something from the W&US silly-bus.(page 12)

ON THE FOLLOW THROUGH

If you got their attention

1. Begin undershepherding

------------or-----------------------

2. Excuse Yourself

Titus 3:10

We isolated "newbies" from other "newbies" so they couldn't compare notes.

We insulated them from "tripped-out grads"(later known as "cop-outs") so they could not be adversely influenced to make logical considerations that conflicted with our objective.(ie: get them to sign the green card.)

It was all about selling the PLAF class.

If they weren't going to buy the product, we were to move on to other prospects.

Suppose we met someone who we had a genuine interest in, that didn't want to take "the class"?

No room for that sort of thing.

Got to fill those class seats and keep the "donations" coming.

From page 2:

"The basic reason we witness is to help people into the classes on Power for Abundant Living and help them to walk on it"

What does " and help them to walk on it" really mean? Sounds a bit like a pyramid arrangement, IMO.

Any thoughts on the subject?

Here's something from the W&US silly-bus.(page 12)

ON THE FOLLOW THROUGH

If you got their attention

1. Begin undershepherding

------------or-----------------------

2. Excuse Yourself

Titus 3:10

We isolated "newbies" from other "newbies" so they couldn't compare notes.

We insulated them from "tripped-out grads"(later known as "cop-outs") so they could not be adversely influenced to make logical considerations that conflicted with our objective.(ie: get them to sign the green card.)

It was all about selling the PLAF class.

If they weren't going to buy the product, we were to move on to other prospects.

Suppose we met someone who we had a genuine interest in, that didn't want to take "the class"?

No room for that sort of thing.

Got to fill those class seats and keep the "donations" coming.

From page 2:

"The basic reason we witness is to help people into the classes on Power for Abundant Living and help them to walk on it"

What does " and help them to walk on it" really mean? Sounds a bit like a pyramid arrangement, IMO.

Any thoughts on the subject?

i remember and to forget the people over 30! lucky them.

i remember and to forget the people over 30! lucky them.

to walk on it til we were strong enough to stand and having done all stand,stand,stand in answer to vpw call.

I intensely dislike hard sells. I can hand out samples at work with a smile, even to the brats who scream at me that it's the wrong color or flavor or just plain YUCK! But the in your face, gimme the $200 or roast in hell sales techniques called witnessing and undershepherding always made me nauseated. Why? Because there's no genuine concern for the individual, no caring, not really. I remember getting reproved because if someone wanted spiritual counsel, what little I could give them, or prayed for, but wasn't interested in the class or whatever, that was fine with me and I'd talk, read scripture and pray with them.

Not everyone dropped their nets and fell in line with the twelve. Some people just got healed and went their way rejoicing.

WG

help them wlk on it, truly meant untill they also sold the class to their friends and family. Many took the class at my hand and im not ashamed , it was a bible class, Yet the biggest hurt i had after being marked was indeed those friends i had form before my way years tuned their backs on me when i was marked, they didnt care what hadhappened to me and refused to speak to me.

one is a clergy in the way now i believe still.

I saw them when I was out I went to a party they had when they came home for the hoiliday, it didnt go well the conversation was so intense and worrisome i just left. they gave me a card with the local way fellowship coodinator. these were some of my best friends i grew up with.

they had huge issues with CES. talking about John Lynn and i aksed have YOU ever spoken with him? well no was the reply yet an expert on how he thought and what happened my friend was fed through the twi tube. I said you know You might be wrong , he said well how would YOU know? i said because you have story in your head about why i was marked and avoided and it isnt remotely true.. and Im your friend and the one who got you in this.

then he said i had devil spirits, honest to God he did and I left, it was very painful. i reached one i guess. and lost one . God is still on the throne.

• 2 weeks later...

One good thing came out of this I witnessed to this hot army guy,he was my babe,we wanted to get married twi said NO(what !!!!! )so i left the military wow field married him and have been married 25 yrs now,3 grreat kids and 2 grandbabies,and 4 dogs!

From page 2:

It really makes me wonder how I ever thought that even remotely sounded godly.. I mean, really, we witness to get people into a man made class? And then help them follow man!

Yuck.. Vomit... Disgusting..

yeah, I know but at the time I believed it was gonna make my life perfect because they had alot of answers , so what I sold was a "good" thing.

and i still do not think IM going to hell because i believed in a bible class. But to this day I really can not endorse much in life .

yeah, I know but at the time I believed it was gonna make my life perfect because they had alot of answers , so what I sold was a "good" thing.

and i still do not think IM going to hell because i believed in a bible class. But to this day I really can not endorse much in life .

your NOT going to hell,and you don't have to endorse anythng either.